PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine O'Neal: We have a lot of shooters.

Anthem
05-07-2004, 12:42 AM
That's got to be the first time I've heard that this year. Bird himself has called that our biggest weakness.

If Tinsley, Jones, and Bender keep shooting like this, though, JO may have a point. A lack of outside shooting has been my biggest concern with Detroit. Maybe I worried too soon?

TheSauceMaster
05-07-2004, 01:05 AM
I would be surprised if Tinsley continues to shoot like that the rest of this series

wintermute
05-07-2004, 08:25 AM
yeah, tins was amazing.

then again, he did shoot surprisingly well in last season's playoffs too. hope it's a pattern :D

BillS
05-07-2004, 09:54 AM
My biggest worry is the lack of consistency. One of many reasons the Heat clawed their way back to under 10 points down was that we once again started settling for quick jumper attempts from outside - low percentage shots that stopped falling for a long stretch of time.

I really don't want to be the team of yore that lived or died by the outside jumper. Especially since I think we're a much worse perimeter team than we were in those days.

Anthem
05-07-2004, 10:54 PM
yeah, tins was amazing.

then again, he did shoot surprisingly well in last season's playoffs too. hope it's a pattern :D

Well, it's not just the Miami game. Tinsley is shooting .500 from 3 and .514 overall in the playoffs. That's not shabby.

I thought that we lacked outside shooting until I saw the Nets. There's a team that REALLY doesn't have outside shooting.