PDA

View Full Version : Rumor is the Mavericks are looking at Brezac.

Will Galen
01-24-2004, 03:09 PM
"The search for another Mavericks big man continues, but unlike the Rasheed Wallace furor, the current hunt is more pedestrian. Backup centers and power forwards at the low end of the salary scale are the targets, according to league sources. Among those being considered are Jake Tsakalidis (Memphis), Joel Przybilla (Milwaukee), Primoz Brezec (Indiana), Loren Woods (Miami), Michael Doleac (New York), Scott Williams (Phoenix) and Brendan Haywood (Washington). The Mavs can absorb minimum salaries by creating a roster spot."

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/7787667.htm

Natston
01-24-2004, 03:22 PM
A Best for Brezac trade works salary wise, but I wouldn't do it...

Ragnar
01-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Looking at and being able to obtain are two different things

Kegboy
01-24-2004, 03:39 PM
A Best for Brezac trade works salary wise, but I wouldn't do it...

I thought the same thing, but there's really no reason for it. Even if we sent KA and Siggy out in another deal, there's still no point.

Best's been getting some big minutes there in this winning streak. I think they'll keep him.

Anthem
01-24-2004, 08:36 PM
I'd throw in Croshere if they'd throw in Nash... :D

Cactus Jax
01-24-2004, 09:38 PM
I'd trade Croshere, Brezec and Harrington for Finley, or Nash and filler. Seriously though I figure the Mavs are looking to just take him off the Pacers hands for a draft pick or something and with Pollard hurt I doubt the Pacers do that.

beast23
01-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Cuban was on TV in a brief interview earlier this afternoon. They were asking about the relocation of a team to LV.... he thought it was a great idea.

They also asked him about trades, since Dallas had been active this season. He said he is absoutely happy with his present roster and that there would be no more trades. These are the guys he's finishing the season with and he looks forward to success in the playoffs.