PDA

View Full Version : Way to go NBA :(

Pooh
05-06-2004, 11:36 AM
The one night where the spotlight gets to shine on the Pacers, they put the game on at the same time as the final episode of "Friends".

Frankly I could care less about that show, I just want to see the return of "America's team" the Indiana Pacers kick some Miami Heat butt tonight!

Hicks
05-06-2004, 11:38 AM
:laugh: "America's Team" :laugh: that's good

Ragnar
05-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey Pooh nice to see you over here for a change. How are the Spurs fans treating you these days?

Slick Pinkham
05-06-2004, 12:15 PM
What the F is "Friends"??

Oh yeah, that chick show I've seen once in 10 years, and only knew when I was SUPPOSED to laugh due to the canned studio audience laughter.

The only reason to watch is if it were live and you could hope for a Janet Jackson-like "wardrobe malfunction"

:)

whodean
05-06-2004, 12:22 PM

"America's Team" can't sell out playoff games? Laughable.

Harddrive7
05-06-2004, 12:52 PM

Yes it very laughable and yet very sad. :(

Suaveness
05-06-2004, 01:55 PM

Don't be a troll.

Kstat
05-06-2004, 01:57 PM
If you call yourself a Pacers fan, and somehow CARE that Friends is on at the same time.....you've got issues.

Suaveness
05-06-2004, 02:00 PM
People....JUST TAPE IT.

Southside_Pacer
05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Friends, perhaps the most overrated television show in history. Just my opinion anyways.

NBC having that two hour Dateline special interviewing the cast is going a tad bit over the top. :unimpressed:

obnoxiousmodesty
05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Friends, perhaps the most overrated television show in history. Just my opinion anyways.

NBC having that two hour Dateline special interviewing the cast is going a tad bit over the top. :unimpressed:
Last second self-promotion; if NBC can pull in another hundred thousand viewers by having 200 hours of specials, then they'll do it. Ugh. I know what I'll be doing tonight, and it won't be watching NBC.

Ragnar
05-06-2004, 02:21 PM
If you call yourself a Pacers fan, and somehow CARE that Friends is on at the same time.....you've got issues.

I think what he is saying is that the casual fan will yet again not see the Pacers play and that is a shame. The casual fan will not become a true fan if they never see the team play.

I doubt seriousley that Pooh will be watching the Friends episode as he spends most of his time :argue: with Spurs fans on their board and is just as much of a die hard from what I can see as most of us are.

Well that is if it is the same Pooh :whoknows:

Snickers
05-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Not only am I going to miss the game, but I've already missed the last four games in rampant anticipation for the Friends finale! :(

Or something like that.

Pooh! You need to come around here more often.

Hicks
05-06-2004, 03:18 PM

I looked the other way before, but Shade (from another thread) is correct in that you need to stop trolling.

Hicks
05-06-2004, 03:19 PM
People....JUST TAPE IT.

There lies the answer.

I haven't watched Friends as it comes out new, I've just enjoyed the FOX reruns. But I'm curious about the end, so I'm just gonna pop a tape in the VCR tonight.

whodean
05-06-2004, 03:53 PM

I looked the other way before, but Shade (from another thread) is correct in that you need to stop trolling.

What is different about this than somebody posting on here the other day that there were 2000 tickets left for Game 1 Pistons v. Nets (of course it DID sell out)

Suaveness
05-06-2004, 03:54 PM

What is different about this than somebody posting on here the other day that there were 2000 tickets left for Game 1 Pistons v. Nets (of course it DID sell out)

And we posted something about the Pacers have 1200 tickets or so. Point is, this is a PACERS forum.

NewYawk
05-06-2004, 04:06 PM

Don't be a troll.

He's not trolling. He's stating a fact. The supposed "craddle" of basketball can't sell playoff tickets. That is pathetic. I am a Pacers fan, but the fanbase in Indiana is fickle. Move the team here.

At least they'd sell out. :D

Southside_Pacer
05-06-2004, 04:14 PM

Don't be a troll.

He's not trolling. He's stating a fact. The supposed "craddle" of basketball can't sell playoff tickets. That is pathetic. I am a Pacers fan, but the fanbase in Indiana is fickle. Move the team here.

Please market the team better Pacers Organization. :pray:

I think we'll see a very good crowd tonight however. Tickets have been going at a good clip from what I hear.

MSA2CF
05-06-2004, 04:24 PM

What's a craddle?

I think this topic has been discussed before, NewYawk. There was a thread where the discussion about why games are sold out or not. Let's not turn this into the same thread.

Back on topic, I stopped watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. long ago, so I will be watching the Pacers play tonight. If a miracle happens, I'll go to the game, but that is not likely. I think I'm saving up for at least one game of the Finals. :)

MSA2CF
05-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Did you mean "cradle"? I like that lable. We should promote that more often.

birdman
05-06-2004, 04:30 PM

I think what he is saying is that the casual fan will yet again not see the Pacers play and that is a shame. The casual fan will not become a true fan if they never see the team play.

I doubt seriousley that Pooh will be watching the Friends episode as he spends most of his time :argue: with Spurs fans on their board and is just as much of a die hard from what I can see as most of us are.

Well that is if it is the same Pooh :whoknows:

Yeah it is the same Pooh. They give him hell over there.

DisplacedKnick
05-06-2004, 04:39 PM

Heck, my guess is that within the week NBC will air a prom,o which starts something like:

"If you missed the final episode of Friends, don't worry, it will air again on ..."

Someday I'll have to figure out what's with that show - I have never watched an entire episode.

And then there's Frazier - the first couple of seasons were OK but since then it's boiled down to:

Frazier is incapable of healthy relationships
Roz is a slut
Niles is a basket case
Marty likes his dog
The only character I even liked any more was Daphne but when she married Niles it was over.

Any other sitcoms we can bash?

MagicRat
05-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Heck, my guess is that within the week NBC will air a prom,o which starts something like:

"If you missed the final episode of Friends, don't worry, it will air again on ..."

Why would they re-air it when you can get the dvd 5 days after it's shown?....http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00020HAWY/qid=1083876136/sr=8-3/ref=pd_ka_3/104-2475935-9755154?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

BillS
05-06-2004, 04:44 PM

My Three Pistons?
H*E*A*T?
All In the Spurs?
Everybody Hates Lakers?
Nets in the City?

whodean
05-06-2004, 10:23 PM
"King of Queens" is about the Pacers right?

Kstat
05-06-2004, 10:26 PM
"King of Queens" is about the Pacers right?

WhoDean, I can't defend you anymore. Just leave.

joro
05-07-2004, 12:00 AM

Exactly. Indeed, how many ways can you say "overrated"? "Friends" should have been called "Jerks" or "Idiots Using Each Other."

Of course, I say that only from what I've heard about it, because I can honestly say I haven't seen one second (literally!) of the show since it's been on. Actually, that's a fact of which I'm sort of proud. :angel:

joro
05-07-2004, 12:04 AM

ALL of them, as far as I'm concerned. Can't say that there's a single sitcom currently on TV that's worth a dime of my cash or a second of my time. Sitcoms are why we have remote controls.

I use mine to switch to
ESPN
ESPN2
History Channel
Discovery Channel
FoxSports

Pretty much everything else is drivel.