PDA

View Full Version : The big difference

Crusher
05-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Want another IT thread? The only thing I really couldn't stand about IT is that he is a huge excuse guy. He's not accountable at times. Here him talk about his failures and he always has excuses. I like him for lots of reasons, but not for that.

Check out this to see what Liesure Suit Larry didn't want to have any part of this year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/columns/story?columnist=may_peter&id=1795795

ChicagoJ
05-05-2004, 11:25 PM
I just don't want to agree with Peter May too many times in a week. But he is right :cool:

PaceBalls
05-06-2004, 12:00 AM
That was a great article. It is easy to see Birds influence so far. When he came in, I was really worried about him being trigger happy and getting rid of the great young players we have, like Artest and AL. So far he hasnt shipped em off, so as far as I am concerned he is doing great.

Bird better not mess up this team in the offseason though.

Anthem
05-06-2004, 01:05 AM
That was a great article. It is easy to see Birds influence so far. When he came in, I was really worried about him being trigger happy and getting rid of the great young players we have, like Artest and AL. So far he hasnt shipped em off, so as far as I am concerned he is doing great.

Well, I thought he let Brad go too easily. But that's water under the bridge.

I really do like the no excuses thing. I could excuse a lot of Thomas' faults, but that was really the only one that really grated on me. His rotations were screwy, but so was his roster. He had crazy ideas about matchups, but he got them from Donnie. The excuses, though, I absolutely could not stand.

kerosene
05-06-2004, 01:14 AM
Peter May is one of those national writers who generally I don't think watches enough basketball to have informed opinions on some of topics he writes about but this seems pretty right on. There is the Pacers/Celts series and the Bird/Boston tie-ins which maybe make it something more up his alley. Dunno, I like what Bird was saying a lot.

bulletproof
05-06-2004, 01:18 AM

I really do like the no excuses thing. I could excuse a lot of Thomas' faults, but that was really the only one that really grated on me. His rotations were screwy, but so was his roster. He had crazy ideas about matchups, but he got them from Donnie. The excuses, though, I absolutely could not stand.

What the hell are you all talking about? This thread is clear evidence that very few people really know what goes on with the team. DW still has a firm grasp on the wheel. Bird isn't "going to mess up this team in the off-season." That would suggest that Donnie would sit back and let that happen. That's just plain silly. :rolleyes:

And what ideas about matchups did IT get from Donnie?

Kegboy
05-06-2004, 02:00 AM
Want another IT thread?

:banghead: :banned:

Tim
05-06-2004, 03:21 AM

What the hell are you all talking about? This thread is clear evidence that very few people really know what goes on with the team. DW still has a firm grasp on the wheel. Bird isn't "going to mess up this team in the off-season." That would suggest that Donnie would sit back and let that happen. That's just plain silly. :rolleyes:

And what ideas about matchups did IT get from Donnie?

I tend to agree with you Bullet about Donnie. He may say that its Birds' show but I don't think Bird will do anything that Donnie would not be happy with at this point.

Southside_Pacer
05-06-2004, 03:58 AM
We all know that Larry is getting on the job training and learning from Walash until Donnie retires. By that time when Larry fully takes over he knows what he's doing.

Neither Larry, nor Donnie has even said anything even remotely stating the possibility that somebody might not be here next year.

Larry's big thing has always been if you're not happy, we'll get you outta here. Everybody's happy as far as we know. They know they're young, good, got depth, and like each other. This team will be together for awhile.