PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' Jermaine O'Neal Wins Magic Johnson Media Award

Will Galen
05-05-2004, 09:00 PM
http://sports.excite.com/news/05052004/v0898.html

May 5, 8:02 PM (ET)

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal won the Magic Johnson Award on Wednesday for his cooperation with the media.
Voted on by the Professional Basketball Writers Association, the award is given annually to a player who is both successful on the court and professional with the media.

O'Neal, who finished third in MVP voting earlier this week, has earned a reputation as a readily accessible star who gives thoughtful responses to questions.

"I'm going to go home and put this up on the mantle, right next to the space for the MVP trophy I'm going to get next year," O'Neal said. "There's still a space there."

Unclebuck
05-05-2004, 09:02 PM
As all of us have been saying for a few years now J.O is very good with the media

arkman40
05-05-2004, 10:17 PM
That's awesome. JO is a good interview, and I can completely buy that he's a model professional when it comes to his dealings with the media. I've always found it a bit strange that someone with cleary so much maturity off the court has at times struggled with it on the court. But I've never seen or heard of him representing the Pacers off the court with anything but class.

Roaming Gnome
05-05-2004, 11:27 PM
That's awesome. JO is a good interview, and I can completely buy that he's a model professional when it comes to his dealings with the media. I've always found it a bit strange that someone with cleary so much maturity off the court has at times struggled with it on the court. But I've never seen or heard of him representing the Pacers off the court with anything but class.

:nod: Yep!

Cactus Jax
05-06-2004, 12:55 AM
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: