PDA

View Full Version : Pacer's 3rd team beating starters.

Will Galen
05-05-2004, 06:16 PM
I found it interesting that in practice the Pacers third team has been beating the starters. That is DEEP!

http://www.indystar.com/articles/4/143768-3384-179.html

With 15 healthy players, Carlisle was able to divide his roster into three squads for five-on-five work. To hear the reserves tell it, they've given as generously as they have received.

"We always hold our own," Fred Jones said. "We have no fear.

"Maybe the last couple of days (the starters) got a little bit of an advantage on us. But we were up there."

Al Harrington thought everyone tasted his share of defeat.

"The starters have been beating the second team, and the third team's been beating the starters and we beat the third team," Harrington said. "Everybody's getting whipped by somebody."

Hmmmm . . . the starters are . . .

PF....6'11 JO
SF...6'7 Artest
C....6'11 Foster
SG..6'7 Reggie
PG..6'3 Tins

Hmmmm the 2nd team would include Croshere who has referred to himself as the tenth man.

PF...6'9 Harrington
SF...7'0 Bender
C....6'10 Croshere
SG..6'2 Jones
PG..6'3 Johnson

That leaves the third team which has been beating the starters as . . .

PF....7'1 Brezac
SF....6'8 JJones
C.....6'11 Pollard
PG...6'1 Anderson
SG...6'4 Brewer

Well if I got the teams right I can see that the third team has size, shooting and speed. Plus playing against someone all the time you know there moves. Now I can see why the third team beats the starters. Can you amagine the matchups? Reggie has to chase Brewer around. :D

I would pay money just to see these scrimages.

This team is DEEP!

Kegboy
05-05-2004, 08:23 PM
I thought about this earlier, and I really think either Bender or Croshere would be on the 2nd, not both. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Croshere and Pollard on 2, and JB on the 3 cause he played so little during the season, and I have read he spent alot of time practicing with Siggy and JJ coming back from injury.

Plus, I just like to think of it being that the 3rd team wins because JB's unstoppable. :D

AcneBrain
05-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Hopefully we don't drown.

Will Galen
05-05-2004, 09:13 PM
I thought about this earlier, and I really think either Bender or Croshere would be on the 2nd, not both. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Croshere and Pollard on 2, and JB on the 3 cause he played so little during the season, and I have read he spent alot of time practicing with Siggy and JJ coming back from injury.

Plus, I just like to think of it being that the 3rd team wins because JB's unstoppable. :D

I think if anything Croshere and Pollard would change teams, I don't see Bender on the third team even for practice. Who knows though, the coaches were trying to keep things interesting so they might have mixed the teams up. The only thing we really know is everyone was beating everyone.