PDA

View Full Version : Post game thread: Pacers lose 4th by 20 or more

Trader Joe
12-09-2006, 10:53 PM
We only lost three games by 20 or more ALL of last season. That in and of itself says a ton.

This team could use Iversonn so bad. I know its a long shot, but I hope we find some way to get him.

Shade
12-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Let the Stephen Jackson era end.

Let the Allen Iverson era begin.

Trader Joe
12-09-2006, 10:56 PM

QFT,

pizza guy
12-09-2006, 10:56 PM

Truer words have never been spoken.

Jermaniac
12-09-2006, 10:57 PM
JO doesnt play and we win, why am I not suprised.

Ohh you mean we lost by 20, ohh shoot I thought we won by 20.

But I bet Peck had fun watching the ball movement and the great offense tonight with out Jermaine.

Destined4Greatness
12-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I think I know our, Stephen Jackson is the closest thing to a franchise player we have. Might be stretching it, but when a career sixth man is your franchise player good things aren't going to happen.

Destined4Greatness
12-09-2006, 11:04 PM
JO doesnt play and we win, why am I not suprised.

Ohh you mean we lost by 20, ohh shoot I thought we won by 20.

But I bet Peck had fun watching the ball movement and the great offense tonight with out Jermaine.

Our winning % is still better without JO than with him, I wouldn't be talkin too much trash.

Shade
12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
I think I know our, Stephen Jackson is the closest thing to a franchise player we have. Might be stretching it, but when a career sixth man is your franchise player good things aren't going to happen.

C'mon now, your hatred of JO is really clouding your judgment here. Nobody ever had, or ever will, mistake Stephen Jackson for a "franchise player" at any time, on any team.

JO > Jack
Tins > Jack
Al > Jack
Granger > Jack

And those are just the obvious, non-debatable ones. At BEST, Stephen Jackson is the 5th best player on this team.

Jermaniac
12-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Our winning % is still better without JO than with him, I wouldn't be talkin too much trash.1-2. This season, aint no more Reggie around to carry these fools when JO gets hurt.

ajbry
12-09-2006, 11:12 PM
I really wish I could defend Jack because he certainly isn't the 5th best player on this team, but I'll just keep my mouth shut tonight.

Destined4Greatness
12-09-2006, 11:16 PM
C'mon now, your hatred of JO is really clouding your judgment here. Nobody ever had, or ever will, mistake Stephen Jackson for a "franchise player" at any time, on any team.

JO > Jack
Tins > Jack
Al > Jack
Granger > Jack

And those are just the obvious, non-debatable ones. At BEST, Stephen Jackson is the 5th best player on this team.

Tins is not better than Jacks, more important.

JO and TIns can't be counted on to play consistently they aren't franchsie players. Granger is not better, talent wise yes, but his inexperience costs him. Al has played 22 games with us, granted he was here before. But nobody is the franchise player after 22 games.

This team is one without a true franchise player.

Shade
12-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Tins is not better than Jacks, more important.

At the top of his game, Tins is aboslutely better than Jack.

This, I will agree with.

Unclebuck
12-09-2006, 11:21 PM
One thing that really bugs me about FSN IN - they pretty much do one thing - telecast Pacers games, pregame, postgame, they supposedly do it all. And it isn't like they have to quickly leave the game to get to a network show. OK- so why in the heck don't they show Carlisle's post game press conference especially tonight

odeez
12-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Well a smackdown is a smackdown. I don't really think it had anything to do with JO playing or not. When your best player is out, the team should come together and dig in. Everyone knows how important it is to play Cleveland well. This team came out flat and stayed flat. Al played like I don't know what. I love this guy, but we need him to step up. He has to play hard everynight. I think there is something behind the scenes going on with him. And with this team in general. Jackson has to stay in the locker room after half time. It reeks of a lack of team unity, chemistry, and leadership. I know, sounds like a broken record.

I know some nights we bring it, like the past two nights. But then games like tonight reveal what this team is really about. Giving up and not trusting each other. It makes the fans crazy... you look on this board and there are folks who hate the thugs on our team aka Jackson and company, and those who defend them. I have always looked to back him (Jackson), mainly because he is on our team and I stand behind our players. I really think he came out this year to play well and have career year, then the famous stripe club night happend. Anyways I do think it is time he goes, and Tinsley as well. I think we will see this at some point anyways. But I'm not sure what tonights events does to his (Jackson) already low trade value. Tinsley has been playing well and healthy, so he should have some value.

I think the only things that can possibly save this team are:

Bring in Iverson or Garnett in a big trade. A trade I think is the best thing we can do. The pieces we have are not working.

Fire Rick Carlisle or move him to the front office and bring in a new coach. But then you think about it and I don't think Rick is really the problem. RC is a top ten Coach in this league. I just hate the way he runs the team.

Blow the whole thing up! Start over, I don't think the TPTB will do this. The fan base deserves another shot at the finals. And I think we have the piece to make a big trade. So we should move on it now.

so let's do it... do something!

kidthecat
12-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Allen Iverson :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

indygeezer
12-10-2006, 12:05 AM
1-2. This season, aint no more Reggie around to carry these fools when JO gets hurt.

Dude you are treading VERY closely to doing exactly what you accuse others of...gloating because we lost.

BlueNGold
12-10-2006, 12:08 AM

JO > Jack
Tins > Jack
Al > Jack
Granger > Jack

JO > Al > Jack=Tin=Granger

That's how I see it. There's a reason their paychecks (sans the rook) reflect this.

JO is the only player you might say is franchise material. If you think about it, he is a good measuring stick. We are an average team and he is maybe a top 20 player (avg at best franchise player) with a few strong role players and a decent bench.

Just
12-10-2006, 01:06 AM

Please God! This team would be the **** with AI leading it.

Eindar
12-10-2006, 01:10 AM
I find it remarkable that last year, we got off to a rocky start with a couple blowouts, and people knew something was wrong with the team before Artest made his trade demand. This year, we've been blown out of nearly 1/5th of our games, yet our talent level isn't *that* much lower. I think it's definitely time for another move.

McKeyFan
12-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Greene got 18 minutes. How did he look?

Eindar
12-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Greene got 18 minutes. How did he look?

Like Kevin Ollie's illegitimate nephew? :)

He didn't look real good. He played some solid defense, from what I could tell, but looked a little bit lost and rusty, which I guess you could say is natural considering that he missed most of the preseason and hasn't played hardly at all.

McKeyFan
12-10-2006, 01:31 AM
Like Kevin Ollie's illegitimate nephew? :)

Then Iverson should feel right at home here.

maragin
12-10-2006, 04:32 AM
Our winning % is still better without JO than with him, I wouldn't be talkin too much trash.

I'm not so sure about your numbers.

Year W L % Games played by Jermaine
2000-01 41 41 .500 81
2001-02 42 40 .512 72
2002-03 48 34 .585 77
2003-04 61 21 .744 78
2004-05 44 38 .537 44
2005-06 41 41 .500 51
2006-07 11 11 .500 19

<!--StartFragment--><!--StartFragment-->I see that you list 2004-06 as 33-39 with JO in the lineup. Fine. Why didn't you go back to 03-04?

And this year, so far, we have a great winning percentage when JO leads us in scoring. (.625)

Let me know if I've missed something.
<!--StartFragment-->

Kestas
12-10-2006, 07:54 AM

I always thought this is a good thing :/
besides, I think if J.O. was on the Sixers team (without Iverson), you'd surely consider him a franchise player ;) having such a clear leader (like Bron, Kobe or A.I.) will never bring you a title. unless second or third round of play offs is all you're dreaming off..

Pitons
12-10-2006, 09:19 AM
besides, I think if J.O. was on the Sixers team (without Iverson), you'd surely consider him a franchise player ;) having such a clear leader (like Bron, Kobe or A.I.) will never bring you a title. unless second or third round of play offs is all you're dreaming off..

Everything is possible with Stern on the team. ;)

SycamoreKen
12-10-2006, 12:47 PM

I'm not sure I understand your statement. Every team that has won the title has had a player that was the clearly dominate player on the team. The key is to have at least one other player capable of being close to that level. Wade/Shaq, Duncan/Manu/Parker, Billups/Wallace/Wallace, Duncan/Robinson, Saq/Kobi x 3, etc. The thing with the 3 you have mentioned is that they have not had the 2nd player or 2 while they have been "the man". Some would argue A.I. has, but most of his second wheels have been above average at best.