PDA

View Full Version : Getting Comfortable With Danny Granger {Real GM}

Frank Slade
12-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Getting Comfortable With Danny Granger

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Granger_Danny_ind_060412.jpg
Authored by Andrew Perna - 6th December, 2006 - 3:33 am

In Danny Granger’s second year with the Pacers he is averaging 11.5 points and 4.3 rebounds per game. He’s started fourteen of Indiana’s nineteen games this season and has played the third most minutes of any Pacer player this season. He seems to have found his stroke from the outside in his sophomore campaign; he leads Indiana in three-point field goals made with twenty-nine.

His best effort of the season came in a 105-97 win over the Trail Blazers last week when he posted twenty-one points on 8-for-14 shooting. He also added five boards and two assists against Portland. In Danny’s five games off the bench he’s averaging 12.8 points on fifty percent shooting, which is a step up from the 11.0 points he was averaging on forty-two percent shooting as a starter.

A few weeks ago I was able to catch up with Danny during the Pacers’ short road trip. Having interviewed him last year, I looked to capture a little bit of the personal side of the Pacers’ brightest young star…

What was it like to face your good friend, Adam Morrison, in his first NBA game?

It was a great feeling to be able to play against him in his first game. Especially since we’re pretty good friends, I enjoyed it a lot.

Have you given him any advice on playing in the NBA?

I haven’t yet, at least not until this point. I think as he gets more playing time, he’ll figure it out along the way.

Did you preparation change at all going into this season, knowing exactly what to expect coming into your season year?

I was definitely more comfortable coming in this year. I have one year under my belt, and I feel a lot better on the court. I’m definitely more ready and comfortable this season.

Rick has looked to give you an increased role this season. How comfortable are you with that?

I definitely feel as though I’m ready to be a starter in the league. I’m comfortable with my role, and I hope to just step in and just play to the best of my abilities.

A lot of people have compared you to Scottie Pippen. How do you react to that comparison?

It’s great to be compared to him. He was a great player and I’d take a comparison like that any day.

You do a little bit of everything on the floor. Is there any one thing that you have been focused on improving?

Probably my shooting. I’d love to extend my range to the three-point line, so I can spread defenses more often.

So you feel comfortable in the new offense?

Definitely.

Your fans know you play a lot of video games. What are your favorite games?

I love playing Madden and NBA Live on Xbox 360.

Do you like your character in NBA Live?

Yeah, I’m actually not that bad. I’m pretty good. I’m happy with him.

So you always play as your Pacers?

Yeah, and when I play Madden I stick with my Saints.

What do you think about Danny? Andrew.Perna@RealGM.com

RealGM (http://pacers.realgm.com/articles/105/20061206/getting_comfortable_with_danny_granger/)

A brief interview, didn't see it posted yet.

odeez
12-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Thanks for posting this Frank. I love the way Danny carries himself, he is a real pro on and off the court. A couple years from now I think he is really going to become great. I do think his shooting range will come around and his defense will only get better. Although I do cringe a bit when I see him taking threes. I would love to see him take it to the rim a bit more. Bottom line this kid is a keeper, his upside is way too high to trade him. Go Danny!!!