PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle on TNT.

Ryan
05-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Carlisle:

Miami is gunna be a tough series. Wade was hurt most of the games during the regular season match-ups.

Hope its possible to keep everyone sharp with the long layoff. Been practicing one day on, one day off. Gotta keep a mental edge. Won't know how much the 11 day lay off will effect the team until Thursday.

Talks about music album with Kenny. Never made the Billboards, lol.

Rick has learned alot from Miami. Great home team and tough roadie. Great confidence. Has tons of confidence under Stan Van Gundy. Gunna be a task for the Pacers.

Artest will probably start on Butler but before the series is over he'll be on Odom and Wade. Lots of rotation. Whoever's hot gets Artest on him.

Not really surprised with the bench play in the Boston series. Very happy with Fred Jones and Jon Bender. Makes mention of Harrington being the best he's ever seen coming off the bench in the last few weeks of the season/playoffs.

Barkley then makes fun of Rick's personality. :dance:

kerosene
05-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Barkley doesn't like 'Friends' either.

Yep, that's what Carlisle said. No bulletin board material for Miami.

TheSauceMaster
Yeah Barkley said Rick was a great coach but he had the personality of John Kerry :laugh:

PaceBalls
Barkley is one to talk... what an a$$

fwpacerfan
05-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Barkley is one to talk... what an a$$

Barkley is correct - Rick does sound a lot like Kerry. :D

Unclebuck
05-05-2004, 09:06 AM
First, let me say I don't care at all about Rick's personality, nor do I care what Barkley thinks about Rick's personality.

But I will admit that was not one of Rick's better interviews. That was taped around 9:00 PM last night Rick and his coaches had just watched the Heat game, they were likely into very in depth prep for the Heat. Plus Rick was in pre-series mode, compliment the opponent.

So Rick can give more entertaining interviews Charles

ChicagoJ
05-05-2004, 09:35 AM
I dunno, Barkley said exactly what I was thinking. I actually turned to my wife before the interview was done and asked if it was over yet.

Even though I agreed with Barkley on that issue, I'm still going to miss Friends when it ends. But that's the only non-basketball show on television that I've watched in many years.

Ragnar
05-05-2004, 09:39 AM
I wont miss friends because I never watch it anyway. But on the subject of Rick. I think he was intentionaly like that. Why give the Heat anything they can use to get them fired up.

Like Kenny was saying about when David Robinson got the MVP trophy right before they played each other it just fired up the Rockets. So I think Rick was just making sure not to tick anyone off. There is no reason to do that in this series anyway. We dont need the psycological stuff to win against the Heat.

sixthman
05-05-2004, 10:58 AM
I liked the praise for Al, Freddie and JB.

If those three come thru like they did against Boston, this series and more will belong to the Pacers.