PDA

View Full Version : Luther Head

Quis
12-05-2006, 12:54 PM
I mentioned this in the Quis thread, but do any of you think Luther Head would be a great fit for Indy? He's an undersized SG with good handling and shooting ability and tough defense. I think he's the perfect player to play beside Marquis Daniels. With a backcourt of Quis/Head we'd suddenly have some of the best perimeter defense in the league in my opinion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3950

Anthem
12-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Perfect player to play beside Marquis Daniels? Why would we trade for another backup PG?

Quis
12-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Perfect player to play beside Marquis Daniels? Why would we trade for another backup PG?

Head is a SG with great shooting, handling, and defense. The perfect skills to play beside Quis Daniels running the point.

PacerMan
12-05-2006, 01:38 PM
When did Head learn what defense is?

Anthem
12-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Head is a SG with great shooting, handling, and defense. The perfect skills to play beside Quis Daniels running the point.
Regardless, we have 4 backup PGs already and don't need another.

If we're going after a PG, it should be a starter. And if he's a starter, he won't play next to Marquis Daniels, who has yet to show that he wants to move off the bench.

Quis
12-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Jamaal Tinsley to Houston for Luther Head and Bob Sura

Quis and Head are perfect compliments to each other; Quis does the slashing, Head the shooting (49% from downtown on the year). Both are good ball handlers, which makes up for not having a "true" point guard in the starting lineup. And on the defensive end, Quis guards thw SG;s, Head the PG's. Im sure many of you know form watching him at Illinois for 4 years, but Luther Head is a brilliant defender, which is exactly what the Pacers need.

Quis/Saras
Head/Jackson
Harrington/Granger
O'Neal/Baston
Foster/Harrison

Our starting lineup is arguably the best defensive lineup in the NBA as well as offensively skilled, and our bench is stacked, led by Jackson and Granger.

Skaut_Ech
12-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Luther Head has already played for the Pacers.

He used to go by the name of Travis Best. :innocent:

Quis
12-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Luther Head has already played for the Pacers.

He used to go by the name of Travis Best. :innocent:

:rolleyes:

Head's more like a poor mans Gilbert Arenas than Travis Best, although he's a better long range shooter and defender than Gilbert ever will be.

Dr. Goldfoot
12-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Bob Sura? You mean king of the triple double Bob Sura? Whatever happened to that guy? I see he's on the Rockets roster but hasn't been on the court yet. Head and Sura would help us reach our goal of being last in FG% with their career numbers of Head .404 and Sura .414.

Dr. Goldfoot
12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
While were at it we could pick up Rafer Alston .387, Steve Blake .395, Jamal Crawford .400, Juan Dixon .412, keep Runi and his .396 then we'd scare up some wins wouldn't we.

Maybe we could get Roy Tarpley out of retirement.
I think the Pacers still have the rights to John "Hot Plate" Williams.
Exchange Jeff Foster for Greg Foster that way the press wouldn't get them confused anymore.
I hear Acie Earl is available but you have to sign fellow Hawkeye Brad Lohaus as part of the deal.

Quis
12-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Sura is just trade filler. His contract either expires this offseason or next.

As for Head, true his FG% is low, but you have to take into account that half of his shots have been from downtown this season (313 3's vs 317 2's). As long as he continues hitting 40% percent from downtown, thats perfectly acceptable in my opinion. Not to mention he's a dynamite rebounder and better defensively than Jackson.

Luther Head is literally 4x the player Stephen Jackson's ever been, and he's still just an NBA sophomore. Getting him would improve our defense, shooting, and rebounding.

Fireball Kid
12-05-2006, 07:11 PM
You really wanna play Marquis at point guard?

Eindar
12-05-2006, 07:15 PM

Who are you kidding? He'd clone him 4 times and play an All-Quis lineup if he could.

Robertmto
12-05-2006, 10:09 PM
I mentioned this in the Quis thread, but do any of you think Luther Head would be a great fit for Indy? He's an undersized SG with good handling and shooting ability and tough defense. I think he's the perfect player to play beside Marquis Daniels. With a backcourt of Quis/Head we'd suddenly have some of the best perimeter defense in the league in my opinion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3950

Quis cant play the point effectively for longer than 5 minutes.

decent shooting, handles well for an off guard, DEFENSE?

Quis still can't run point.

:rolleyes:

Head's more like a poor mans Gilbert Arenas than Travis Best, although he's a better long range shooter and defender than Gilbert ever will be.

I'm not even gonna do this. Better shooter than Gilbert??????

:laugh:

we don;t know why either.

Who are you kidding? He'd clone him 4 times and play an All-Quis lineup if he could.

LMAO

GY!BE
12-05-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm not really a fan of Head. I think there are some better options at PG out there for us.

Leisure Suit Larry
12-05-2006, 10:22 PM
So if this pans out like when someone said they wanted Daniels on here and then we got him with the "We got Quis!!!!!!" thread do we get a "We got Head!!!!!" thread?

Kegboy
12-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm already on the record that I'd gladly take any of those Illinois kids.

Just
12-06-2006, 12:25 AM
I'd love to have Luther.