PDA

View Full Version : Pacers vs. Heat -- How will it play out?

Shade
05-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Anyone who picks Miami = :banned: :devil:

Hicks
05-04-2004, 10:19 PM
:pacers: in 5

Shade
05-04-2004, 10:20 PM
:pacers: in 5

I think the same, but a sweep wouldn't surprise me either.

Anything more than that and I'll be really disappointed.

Suaveness
05-04-2004, 10:24 PM
5....they are a MUCH better team than Boston.

Having said that, they will be whipped. :devil:

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Sorry I watched the Heat tonight breakdown so many times it was pathetic , if the play as poor as they did against the broke down Hornets we should easily handle the HEAT in 4-5 games at most. I can't say I am really impressed by the HEAT after watching the series with the Hornets , I think the Hornets played with more Heart than the Heat and too bad Baron Davis got Hurt , it could have been a real barn burner ending.

Kegboy
05-04-2004, 10:44 PM

I wonder if we'll get any Miami trolls. IIRC, we didn't get any from Boston.

Shade
05-04-2004, 10:45 PM

I'd be surprised. I think most Miami fans have their heads on straight.

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 10:48 PM
I seen alot of empty seats in Miami House tonight , I wonder if they really have fans , and just gave out alot of tickets :laugh: :laugh:

sweabs
05-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Sorry I watched the Heat tonight breakdown so many times it was pathetic , if the play as poor as they did against the broke down Hornets we should easily handle the HEAT in 4-5 games at most. I can't say I am really impressed by the HEAT after watching the series with the Hornets , I think the Hornets played with more Heart than the Heat and too bad Baron Davis got Hurt , it could have been a real barn burner ending.

I completely agree with you Sauce - the Heat just seem a little too inexperienced and haven't played with one another for as long as we have.

whodean
05-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Miami's athleticism could cause the Pacers fits. Can anybody stay with Wade? Odom is damn good.

Pacers in 6.

Doug
05-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Miami is much better than Boston. Odom is a great player and a tough cover. Not sure who were are going to put on him. Foster's got the length and is usually good against that type of player. Seems, though, that last time we played them Foster had a tough time staying with Odom. Not surprising, I guess.

All that said, I expect us to be a bit anxious in the first quarter or so on Thursday, then settle down and take care of business.

I don't see Miami taking both games there to tie up the series. And I don't see them beating us here. I guess that means Pacers in 5.

Millerartest
05-04-2004, 11:17 PM
I think Pacers and Pacer fans may be in for an awakening. Though I didn't watch much of the Heat, when I did, I was genuinely impressed. They seem like the quite the fighters and their athletic backcourt should cause the Pacers serious problems. But the Pacers frontcourt should dominate. The Hornets don't have much of a frontcourt compared to the Pacers.

The first game is going to be very telling. With so much rust, the Heat may have the advantage. I look for the first game to go down to the wire.

In fact, this entire series is going to be very telling. Pacers should win in five or six. The Heat will not go away without a serious fight and they will be very tough on their homecourt. Look for some of the Pacer weaknesses to be exploited.

Let's hope the Pacers have their eyes on this round and not on the ECF.

Unclebuck
05-04-2004, 11:30 PM
The first half Thursday night will be facinating, even though it will tell us nothing about how the series is going to go.

My frame of reference for this is 1995 playoffs. Pacers finally beat the Knicks on a late Sunday afternoon game 7 in NY, and then have to play the Magic in game 1 on Tuesday night. The Mgic had been off for 5 days.

Pacers got a huge lead early, they were running, and it looked like the had not missed a beat since game #7, Pacewrs had something like a 29-7 lead, but the Magic came back to win the game.

The first half Thursday night is completely impredictable. I would not be surprised if either teasm has a 15 point lead at halftime

Look for the Heat to do a lot of double teaming. Tinsley will be open all series long

Cactus Jax
05-04-2004, 11:49 PM
The Heat have a much better team than Boston, but they did have the best offensive player out of both those teams in Pierce. Contain Wade's penetration, and the Pacers will do just fine.

I may eat my words on this but I see Odom as a guy who has about a 25 point cap on points, and usually gets about 15 points a game.

The guy I'm worried about as a darkhorse is Caron Butler; he's playing much better in the playoffs like Prince has for Detroit.

I'll go Pacers in 5.

TheSauceMaster
05-05-2004, 12:06 AM
If I remember correctly Odom's scoring avg against the Pacers is 15 ppg , the Heat are a Horrid Road team and the Pacers are a great road team , if this series last more than 5 , I will be surprised.

Shade
05-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Okay, who picked Miami in 4? :surprised: :banned:

kolko
05-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Indiana in 6.

Suaveness
05-05-2004, 01:12 AM
for that matter, who picks miami in 6? There is no way they will win at Indy, and we are the best road team int he NBA.

dipperdunk
05-05-2004, 06:19 AM
http://www.stickybuffalo.com/randomimages/broom.gif

able
05-05-2004, 07:45 AM
aye, I agree; best chances are for a 4 game series.

Miami is tired, riding their luck and homecourt, Pacers nay care about their home, beaten them there before and will do so now again.

my guess is 4, 5 I understand, more I do not see happen

ChicagoJ
05-05-2004, 09:23 AM

I'd be surprised. I think most Miami fans have their heads on straight.

Of thier three fans, two spend all the rest of their waking moments on South Beach. We've only got one guy to worry about.

:devil:

:Now_putting_on_my_traditional_pessimist_hat:

Pacers in seven.

DisplacedKnick
05-05-2004, 10:49 AM
I picked Pacers in 5. I happen to think Miami wins game 3.

But don't forget that the Heat have a 16-game winning streak at home. I could see it going 7 though I think Indy has too much size and too many weapons on offense for them.

Shade
05-05-2004, 11:23 AM
for that matter, who picks miami in 6? There is no way they will win at Indy, and we are the best road team int he NBA.

Don't see that one... :hmm:

Suaveness
05-05-2004, 02:20 PM

Don't see that one... :hmm:

Sorry that was confusing....

I meant they are not going to take any games in Indy, and they won't win both games in Miami because we have a very good road record. So I don't think they can win 6. If they do, I will be worried.