PDA

View Full Version : One player I want for the pacers

Jimmy
12-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Ever since we drafted Danny Granger over Gerald Green I have been watching him. Anyone else think Gerald Green is going to bust out in a year or two? I think he would be playing great if he wasn't stuck behind pierce and wally.

J_2_Da_IzzO
12-02-2006, 04:26 PM
He will be a allstar and a very very good basketball player. Given 30 min I reckon he could verage 20+ a game.

Anthem
12-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Ever since we drafted Danny Granger over Gerald Green I have been watching him. Anyone else think Gerald Green is going to bust out in a year or two? I think he would be playing great if he wasn't stuck behind pierce and wally.
No kidding. Boston should trade Pierce to make room for him.

:signit:

Swingman
12-02-2006, 05:29 PM

Wish we could make a trade for him but they're as likely to trade him as we are to trade Granger.

rexnom
12-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Wish we could make a trade for him but they're as likely to trade him as we are to trade Granger.
That's not true, actually. Still, they are very high on him. His BBall IQ isn't great but he has astounding athleticism and a killer shot. In fact, he is so good, Larry Bird couldn't believe the Celtics waived him this summer...oh wait....

BlueNGold
12-02-2006, 06:15 PM
One player I want for the pacers....

I can't help but say we need to trade whoever we need to, to get the #1 pick for a chance at drafting Greg Oden. I know it's just a chance, but he will be the best big man to come out since Shaq and will only need a supporting cast to bring home the ring. He will be very good, much better than JO, for a very long time. Send JO, Foster and Granger. Would that be enough? We have enough other good players to keep out of the cellar.

I like our players, but there is no way this group is winning a championship. Not a chance. Imagine the fan support with one of Indy's own being the franchise player. Even if we have a few tough years, we will have support with Greg in the middle. I think it is worth a roll of the dice.

Wu-Gambino
12-03-2006, 04:15 PM

See Joe Johnson

CableKC
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
He will be very good, much better than JO, for a very long time. Send JO, Foster and Granger. Would that be enough?
I understand JONeal or Granger for that first pick....but both?

I'm not overratting the players you suggested....or even think that it would be cheap to get that first pick.....but isn't that a little too much for him?

You guys in Indy would know more then I would......but would getting Oden for Indy be analogous to getting Lebron to the Cavs?

Is he that good?

Quis
12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
I'd trade JO for the #1 pick, no questions asked, and I love JO.

BlueNGold
12-03-2006, 05:21 PM
I understand JONeal or Granger for that first pick....but both?

I'm not overratting the players you suggested....or even think that it would be cheap to get that first pick.....but isn't that a little too much for him?

You guys in Indy would know more then I would......but would getting Oden for Indy be analogous to getting Lebron to the Cavs?

Is he that good?

As for your first question, it's not too much to pay if we are assured of getting Oden. The problem is, we are not assured of getting him and it is a big risk. JO and Granger will never be at the level of a Mello, Lebron, Kobe, Shaq or even Duncan level star. Almost all NBA championships have been won by a team with a top 10 level talent...with Detroit being about the only exception to that rule. No one on our roster is in that class...and more importantly, no one on our roster will EVER be in the top 10. JO is the best we have, but he is at best #15. No rings are headed to Indy IMO with this group of players. We have had many great teams that have gone to the ECF and even the NBA finals...but I want more. I think it will take a big-time star to do it and if we drafted him, we would barely miss a beat over the next couple years if you consider what he will bring.

Also, Oden has a great reputation as a classy guy. He is well known in Indy and would it would be like Lebron in Cleveland if he delivered....and yes, I think he is the real deal and will be a top 10 level talent. No one knows for sure, however. Will he be as good as Lebron? I would need to see that. But, Lebron is waaaay better than JO if you are looking for a champion. I think Oden will dominate at OSU and make a case for this type of risk. I think he will be that type of player.

...and the reason why I said Granger AND JO, is because NO ONE would give us the #1 pick in this draft for JO.

JayRedd
12-03-2006, 08:47 PM
I'd trade JO for the #1 pick, no questions asked, and I love JO.

But why would someone who owns a Ferrari trade for a Corvette?

3rdStrike
12-04-2006, 01:10 AM
RE the original post: YES!

Gerald Green would be the perfect player for this team IMO, a franchise 2 guard who plays hard, has all around game, extreme athletecism, is young and doesn't have a reputation for being a head case.

I know Bird likes him as well. He's said it specifically and not so specifically in the past. I just wonder what the Celtics would demand for him.

FlavaDave
12-04-2006, 10:41 AM
I like our team alot, but I would trade any three players on our team other than Granger for Oden without blinking, and I would probably even include Granger after thinking about it.

I would gladly take a starting lineup of Orien Greene, Rawle Marshall, Danny Granger, Josh Powell, and Greg Oden (along with the cap room that would create) into the future.

Dr. Goldfoot
12-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Oden did have 14 points,10 rebounds and 5 blocks in his 1st collegiate level game but let's wait awhile before crowning him the second coming at least until he plays someone other than Valpo.

Isaac
12-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Oden did have 14 points,10 rebounds and 5 blocks in his 1st collegiate level game but let's wait awhile before crowning him the second coming at least until he plays someone other than Valpo.

Don't forget to mention that he was playing 1 handed.

I would give up anything to get Oden, including a Danny/Jermaine package in an instant. But as everyone has said, it isn't a definite that we'd get him if we traded with a team now, so there's no way we make that trade. There are too many things that could go wrong. Oden has said he would stay in school more then 1 year, and obviously we don't know who will get the number 1 pick.

Dr. Goldfoot
12-04-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm just saying let's not forget that Mark Acres averaged 15 and 8 as a freshman, Jelani Mccoy 10 & 7, Chris Welp 11 & 6, "Never Nervous Pervis" 13 & 8, Adonal Foyle 17 & 12 ..........

FlavaDave
12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm just saying let's not forget that Mark Acres averaged 15 and 8 as a freshman, Jelani Mccoy 10 & 7, Chris Welp 11 & 6, "Never Nervous Pervis" 13 & 8, Adonal Foyle 17 & 12 ..........

Forget the stats. Just watch him play.

Oh, and those stats came from only 23 minutes of play.

Isaac
12-04-2006, 11:24 AM

Out of Service Pervis could have been a good player if not for his injuries. ;)

Once Greg is healthy, he'll put up better numbers then those guys, remember once again, the 14-10-5 is with one hand almost completely out of service.

The thing that's most impressive about Greg is his ability to get into a perfect rebounding position every play. Every time a shot goes up, whether he's on offense or defense, he finds someone and boxes them out, and he seals them. He is going to be the best offensive rebounder in the NBA his rookie year.

Another thing is that when he blocks shots, he doesn't swat them out of bounds, or to the other team. He taps the ball to himself. Just wait. Greg is the future. Hopefully he loves college and decides to play for 4 years. :pray:

Dr. Goldfoot
12-04-2006, 11:30 AM

Once Greg is healthy, he'll put up better numbers then those guys,

Am I the only one who sees the irony in those statements? Seriously, one game against Valpo.

PacerMan
12-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Is he that good?

Not now.
But he's going to be.

PacerMan
12-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Am I the only one who sees the irony in those statements? Seriously, one game against Valpo.

Dude. He's playing OFF HANDED, still has a cast or brace on the repaired wrist. And he still shot 50%.
I wasn't positive about him in high school, he didn't have to do much on that team.
But his obvious work ethic, attitude and apparent intelligence make his potential limitless.

PacerMan
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Greg is the future. Hopefully he loves college and decides to play for 4 years. :pray:

God I hope not. Get him the hell out of the big 10!
Not like they don't have enough big guys coming after him!

CableKC
12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
If Oden turns out to be what you guys say he is going to be....there is no way that he would fall out of the top 3 in the draft next year. Assuming the new rules that Stern has put in place for college level players would allow him Oden to play....why would he not declare himself eligible?

FlavaDave
12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
If Oden turns out to be what you guys say he is going to be....there is no way that he would fall out of the top 3 in the draft next year. Assuming the new rules that Stern has put in place for college level players would allow him Oden to play....why would he not declare himself eligible?

Same reason Tim Duncan, Matt Leinart, and Peyton Manning stayed in college.

Which is: "Hell if I know."

FrenchConnection
12-04-2006, 04:59 PM

Once Greg is healthy, he'll put up better numbers then those guys, remember once again, the 14-10-5 is with one hand almost completely out of service.

The thing that's most impressive about Greg is his ability to get into a perfect rebounding position every play. Every time a shot goes up, whether he's on offense or defense, he finds someone and boxes them out, and he seals them. He is going to be the best offensive rebounder in the NBA his rookie year.

Another thing is that when he blocks shots, he doesn't swat them out of bounds, or to the other team. He taps the ball to himself. Just wait. Greg is the future. Hopefully he loves college and decides to play for 4 years. :pray:

There is no way that the Pacers could get this years #1, at least not during the season. It will probably go to the Bulls because they have the right to swap with the Knicks. Contrary to popular opinion, the Bulls do not have the Knicks pick but rather they have the right to swap picks with them. I don't know if they have the right to trade that right, however. But it must be said that the Curry trade is the worst in NBA history.

ih8isaac@section216
12-04-2006, 06:35 PM
There is no way that the Pacers could get this years #1, at least not during the season. It will probably go to the Bulls because they have the right to swap with the Knicks. Contrary to popular opinion, the Bulls do not have the Knicks pick but rather they have the right to swap picks with them. I don't know if they have the right to trade that right, however. But it must be said that the Curry trade is the worst in NBA history.

Yes I know.

JayRedd
12-07-2006, 02:42 PM
there is no way that he would fall out of the top 3 in the draft next year.

Aside from a major injury, there's no way he falls out of the Top 1.

Since86
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Greg is the future. Hopefully he loves college and decides to play for 4 years. :pray:

From what he says privately, don't hold your breath. You'll be in for a massive disappointment.