PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win game #7 tonight. Heat or Hornets

Unclebuck
05-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Pick a team you want to win and give a reason.

I want the Heat to win. I look forward to the Pacers playing the Heat more than the Hornets. This series has proven that the two teams are even.

If tonights game was on New Orleans. New O would win. If the game tonight were in a neutral court, I think the Hornets would win, but the game tonight is in Miami and I think the homecourt will win out

rushmore
05-04-2004, 12:52 PM
I agree with wanting the Heat to win. I'm afraid of what NO's frontcourt is capable of doing to us. Not that I think they're better, I think they found a way to get under our skin during the season.
Not only do I think we match up better with the Heat, I'd rather watch the Heat play. They're really fun to watch. I really just don't like anything about the Hornets...I know Baron's really good, I just can't stand him. He's too selfish...

Bring on the Heat!!!

Harddrive7
05-04-2004, 12:53 PM
In a way I want NO to take it.

I think they match up to us a lot better than what Miami does and that would help prepare us better for the ECF if we were to get that far and meet who I think will be Detroit.

If we play Miami I think we sweep, I want some competition in these playoffs.

obnoxiousmodesty
05-04-2004, 12:58 PM
I want Miami to win. The Heat are a much more entertaining team to watch; they play the game well on both ends and have explosive scorers. I believe Miami will be a good test for the Pacers. Furthermore, Stan Van Gundy is a much better coach than Tim Floyd, and I'd like our coaching staff to be tested as much as the players. I think it would be good for our coaches to have to out-strategize Miami's coaches. God knows Tim Floyd cannot coach, and even if he can, his players won't listen to him. So I believe Miami will be a fine team to play all-around.

Shade
05-04-2004, 01:02 PM
:heat:

We match up better with them. I've been saying that since the beginning of the playoffs, when everyone else was scared of them. :rolleyes:

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Personally I wanna play the tougher team , we need to warm up our defensive skills , we should beat ethier team in a 7 game series easy.

Hicks
05-04-2004, 01:09 PM
From the "I want to win" side of it, I want the :heat: . We could beat them in 4-5 games.

NO would be much tougher IMO and would make for a more glorious victory, but it won't be easy.

sweabs
05-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Rather play Miami.

Ragnar
05-04-2004, 01:57 PM
I would like to face the Heat but not because I view them as that much easier. I like the Heat and what they have done this year and I would like to see them make the second round. Of course once they get there I want the Pacers to squash them like a bug.

ChicagoJ
05-04-2004, 02:16 PM
In a way I want NO to take it.

I think they match up to us a lot better than what Miami does and that would help prepare us better for the ECF if we were to get that far and meet who I think will be Detroit.

If we play Miami I think we sweep, I want some competition in these playoffs.

I agree completely and don't have anything worthwhile to add to your post.

Slick Pinkham
05-04-2004, 02:57 PM
I want Miami to win. The Heat are a much more entertaining team to watch; they play the game well on both ends and have explosive scorers. I believe Miami will be a good test for the Pacers. Furthermore, Stan Van Gundy is a much better coach than Tim Floyd.

I agree 100%. I think Miami is a teeny bit better than New Orleans, and LOTS more enjoyable to watch.

I want to see how we will match up with their quickness. Their top 7, Odom, Wade, Butler, Grant, Jones, Haslem, Alston, are undersized, but all except for Grant and maybe Eddie Jones would have a BIG speed advantage.

I have been giving them lots of respect (some might say "fearing" them. though that's NOT accurate, since I think we would win in 5) for a couple of months now.

waxman
05-04-2004, 03:00 PM
personally I don't care much... i don't really like the Hornets.... at all.... so I guess I'm pulling for the Heat.

BillS
05-04-2004, 03:29 PM
The Heat.

Unlike many, I want the easiest road to the championship I can get.

Yep, to be the best you gotta beat the best, but I want an easy, uncompetitive, flat-out destruction. My heart can't take any more close games won on a 3-point shot at the buzzer or double-overtime games with a one-point difference at the end.

I want to play whomever will lose to us by the largest margin, and I think the Hornets match up too well with us.

Roy Munson
05-04-2004, 04:21 PM
The Heat, because Baron Davis is the best guard in the east, IMO. He's tough and the Pacers don't have anyone who can guard him effectively.

Artest will guard someone bigger, and Baron eats Freddie alive.

diego
05-04-2004, 05:17 PM
IT DOES NOT MATTER PEOPLE!!!!!!

If we cant beat either the hornets or heat we have no business even thinking about detroit and a possible ring. Bottom line is if the either of those teams give us significant trouble, then we have biiger issues to worry about.

Kegboy
05-04-2004, 05:25 PM
After making the mistake of rooting for NJ last night, I'm not picking sides. I'm not going through that again.

Hicks
05-04-2004, 05:39 PM
IT DOES NOT MATTER PEOPLE!!!!!!

If we cant beat either the hornets or heat we have no business even thinking about detroit and a possible ring. Bottom line is if the either of those teams give us significant trouble, then we have biiger issues to worry about.

I never said I didn't expect us to win regardless of who wins tonight, just that Miami would be easier.

Roaming Gnome
05-04-2004, 06:28 PM
I want Miami to win. The Heat are a much more entertaining team to watch; they play the game well on both ends and have explosive scorers. I believe Miami will be a good test for the Pacers. Furthermore, Stan Van Gundy is a much better coach than Tim Floyd, and I'd like our coaching staff to be tested as much as the players. I think it would be good for our coaches to have to out-strategize Miami's coaches. God knows Tim Floyd cannot coach, and even if he can, his players won't listen to him. So I believe Miami will be a fine team to play all-around.

:nod: :lurk:

Millerartest
05-04-2004, 06:35 PM
I want Miami to win because I think they will be a more challenging and entertaining matchup. The Hornets frontcourt would be no match for the Pacers. The trouble for either team against us will be in the backcourt.

BigMac
05-04-2004, 06:45 PM
I personally don't care because (as stated previoiusly above) to get to the Finals you have to beat all comers. And neither the Heat nor the Hornets are better than whatever team will come out of the West. If we cannot beat them then we do not belong in the next round. I predict we will whip either team in 4-5 games (also as previously stated) so we will have plenty of rest. This Pacers team has shown that they are definitely not the same team from the regular season-they are actually better-and when you win 61 games in the regular season and have the best record in the NBA and are getting better around playoff time they should be able to handle most teams-especially those in the East (Detroit is the only exception because they are so well coached-from previous coach to current coach).

That's what I think.

Tim
05-05-2004, 07:47 PM
I want the Heat because of their cheerleaders.

I want the Heat for appreiciation of Stan Van Gundy and Wade.

I want the heat because they are young and inexperienced, hopefully easy pickings for the Pacers.

Hicks
05-05-2004, 08:41 PM
I want the Heat because of their cheerleaders.

I want the Heat for appreiciation of Stan Van Gundy and Wade.

I want the heat because they are young and inexperienced, hopefully easy pickings for the Pacers.

Tim, did you get any sleep since yesterday? :laugh: You don't have to wish for it anymore, it's here. ;)