PDA

View Full Version : You can always count on NBA.com

Destined4Greatness
11-30-2006, 07:30 PM
To make you say WTF

http://aol.nba.com/powerrankings/

We just beat the Warriors, whether dumb luck or not, we won. Plus we have played 11 games on the road, while they have played 12 games at home. We have the same record. I understand they are in the harder conference, but seriously I could understand 2 spots over us, but 6 is just wrong.

Ragnar
12-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Thats not nba.com its AOL's nba page

Dr. Goldfoot
12-01-2006, 11:07 AM
It's copied from the Power Rankings of NBA>COM (http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/) .

Putnam
12-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Not much to complain about, really. The Pacers moved up a notch from the previous rankings.

We have to remember the Pacers have losses to the 28th and 27th teams on the list. Those losses hurt your power ranking more than a win over another 9-7 team will help.

CableKC
12-01-2006, 01:55 PM
I don't care as much that we are ranked behind the Ws...much less any Western Conference team. What doesn't make as much sense is why we are ranked behind the Cavs.

We have played 1 more game then they have, have had a tougher road schedule...and even a better winning percentage in the conference/division record then they do.

Yet another example of "star" treatment for Lebron and the Cavs. :rolleyes:

Kstat
12-01-2006, 02:41 PM
What doesn't make as much sense is why we are ranked behind the Cavs.

Because they have a better record?

CableKC
12-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Because they have a better record?

Okay...technically yes......they have a better winning percentage. But we're not talking about the Cavs having a 12-4 record and the Pacers having a 9-7 record. We are talking about the Cavs having a 9-6 record compared to the Pacers 9-7 where we have played one more game then they have and they have a 1/2 game lead over us.

We've had a tougher schedule with more road games and even a better conf/division record then the Cavs where they have played 9 of their 15 games at home.

Kstat
12-01-2006, 03:24 PM
do you really think strength of schedule really factors into these things? Everyone plays the same teams in the end.

Besides they crushed the spurs at san antonio, which is more impressive than any single win the pacers have.

CableKC
12-01-2006, 03:38 PM
do you really think strength of schedule really factors into these things? Everyone plays the same teams in the end.

Besides they crushed the spurs at san antonio, which is more impressive than any single win the pacers have.
Yes, you are correct....over the course of an entire season....the strength of the schedule doesn't matter.

But these rankings aren't for 82 games where every team played equal amounts of road/home games...its a snapshot of the 16-17 games that all teams have played up to this point in the season where there is an unequal # of road/home games. I would think ( and it appears that it doesn't matter as much to AOL NBA ) that it would matter since its much harder to win on the road then at home.

But if all things are equal....I guess ( at least to AOL NBA )

A Road win against the Spurs >>>> Going .500 on 10 road games out of a total of 16 games to start the season.