PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller on Jim Rome in 10 minutes...

Ryan
05-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Check it out.

Unclebuck
05-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 12:08 PM
thanks for the heads up :cool:

Ryan
05-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Looks like he'll be on in hour 3 due to practice.

naptownmenace
05-04-2004, 03:12 PM
What did Reggie have to say? Did he call in as expected?

MagicRat
05-04-2004, 03:12 PM
What did Reggie have to say? Did he call in as expected?

Hasn't been on yet...Still in practice apparently....

Gyron
05-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Carslisle is running thier asses off today hahahahaha :laugh:

naptownmenace
05-04-2004, 03:27 PM
I guess you guys get Rome on tape delay, cause the entire show has already ran hear in the 'Nati.

I keep forgetting that Indy is on Central time right now.
:dunce:

Suaveness
05-04-2004, 04:07 PM
Has it been on yet? If not, when and what channel?

Unclebuck
05-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Reggie was on, but I only heard the very last question. Reggie was talking about how he loves to play on the road, be the villain.

That is all I heard.

Southside_Pacer
05-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Good interview, and Reggie was typical Reggie.

They talked about the layoff, how they've been keeping ready like they have been all year. How the team is hungry and being beaten in the first round of the playoffs three years in a row makes you want to work that much harder.

Talked about how Isiah has had a huge hand in this year's team, ie trading for Ron, JO, etc.

Talked about how he has a great relationship with Rick Carlisle. How he's played against him, worked with him on offense closely when Larry was coach, and how he knows at the end of games Rick will put him in a great situation to make the game winning shots.

Rome then joked you played against Rick, Larry, and Isiah, so his prediction was he'll been playing under Jermaine O'Neal as head coach. He said if that happens people will be coming to his house asking him if he's found the fountain of youth.

Then he started talking about how he does his best work on the road. How he loves to shut people up because he knows people have been making signs about him all day long, and parents are telling their kids in the stands that #31 is the bad guy.

Talked about his charity and burn victims, and how he's gone from the bad guy to the good guy of the league. He then said on the east coast especially he's still public enemy number one.

grace
05-05-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm certainly no fan of Jim Rome, but that interview was so much better than anything Dan Patrick has done with Reggie lately. They talked about basketball the whole time instead of talking about anything but like Dan does.

diego
05-05-2004, 01:09 PM
I am no Rome fan either, however i will say he has some of the best interviews. the rest of show sucks royally because all it is him ranting over and over about same crap, and listening to people call in just to soound stupid. BUT his interviews have always been solid, so i have to give him props for that.

fwpacerfan
05-05-2004, 04:16 PM
I am no Rome fan either, however i will say he has some of the best interviews. the rest of show sucks royally because all it is him ranting over and over about same crap, and listening to people call in just to soound stupid. BUT his interviews have always been solid, so i have to give him props for that.

I actually like Rome, but I understand those that don't - he's pretty hard to tolerate. I do agree with you though that he is a good interviewer - I'd say one of the top 10 in the business. He's not afraid to ask tough questions, but he's learned to tone them down and do it in a non-threatening way. (Unlike the old days when Jim "Chrissy" Everett came across the table and tackled him).

Unclebuck
05-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Rome's show is broken into three parts:

1) Interviews: the best part of his show, he asks good questions and gets good guests.

2) Rome's opinion/monologue: This part is OK, he does at least mention the NBA more than most national hosts, even though it is usually Lakers based. Rome can be very funny

3) The callers: I hate, hate, hate when he takes callers.

fwpacerfan
05-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Rome's show is broken into three parts:

1) Interviews: the best part of his show, he asks good questions and gets good guests.

2) Rome's opinion/monologue: This part is OK, he does at least mention the NBA more than most national hosts, even though it is usually Lakers based. Rome can be very funny

3) The callers: I hate, hate, hate when he takes callers.

Good analysis. I don't care much for the callers either. The emails Rome reads are pretty funny though.