PDA

View Full Version : Potential Forum mini-party @ Thursday's game?

ChicagoJ
05-04-2004, 10:20 AM
If you're going to the game, and want to meet/ say "hi" to your fellow PD comrades...

We should have some type of roll call to see who's interested, if its only Rat, Sauveness and I - then we can take care of it offline and not bore the rest of you with details...

If you're interested, and everyone agrees on halftime (which, admittedly, is very hectic), then we should figure out if the majority of us are in the balcony or lower level and east or west side so we can pick a somewhat central location.

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 11:19 AM
your poll doesn't seem to be fairing well Jay :laugh: :laugh:

MagicRat
05-04-2004, 11:26 AM

Neither does your spelling...... :unimpressed:

;)

I'm still mulling over the best option. I haven't egged anybody in years, so that one is tempting. I do like to pretend to be cool, also.

Decisions. Decisions........

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 11:28 AM
sorry I havent been to sleep in oh say 26 hours ..how about you :confused: :confused: :D :D :D

I will probably be up til the end of the last game tonight , so that's about almost 40 hrs with no sleep , not bad for a old fart ;)

MagicRat
05-04-2004, 11:30 AM
sorry I havent been to sleep in oh say 26 hours ..how about you :confused: :confused: :D :D :D

:morning:

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 11:34 AM
yep lot's of :morning: :morning: :morning: :morning: :morning: :morning: :morning:

Unclebuck
05-04-2004, 11:42 AM
I could only meet at halftime, and even that is 50/50, but if you want to set something up, I'll try to make it.

A place on the balcony level that is not very crowded at halftime is overlooking the entry pavilion or what ever you call it.

ChicagoJ
05-04-2004, 11:45 AM

Have a little patience, O Master of Sauce. I suspect some, like Rat, just can't decide. Many others might be busy with Finals, meetings, or sleep. Not everyone can average 21 posts per day. :D

Its just too bad I can't match the vote with the person making the vote. I was secretly hoping for no "throw eggs at Jay" votes.

MagicRat
05-04-2004, 11:50 AM
I could only meet at halftime, and even that is 50/50.....

So if it's Quick Change, Rubber Boy, the Red Panda Acrobat or Whitney the Wonder Dog you're out?

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Sadly I won't be going to game 1 , I have treatment and I will be too tired to goto the game :cry:

Btw Jay , I was just razzin ya :D

MagicRat
05-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to say :gopacers:.

:ninja:

:lol2:

:nerd:

:evillaugh:

:welcome:

:rolleyes:

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to say :gopacers:.

:ninja:

:lol2:

:evillaugh:

I think you have that negative post thing installed on your account btown , you had 35 post the other day now you got 1 , you seem to be going backwards :P

Unclebuck
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM

So if it's Quick Change, Rubber Boy, the Red Panda Acrobat or Whitney the Wonder Dog you're out?

I can't watch Quick Change anymore. I drive the people around me crazy as I try to figure out how they do that

ChicagoJ
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM

If Whitney has come back from the dead, I'm out too. *That* will be impressive.

High Flyin' Star just isn't in Whitney's caliber yet.

:D

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 12:09 PM
I can't watch Quick Change anymore. I drive the people around me crazy as I try to figure out how they do that

Now that might be worth the price of admission :laugh: :laugh:

ChicagoJ
05-04-2004, 12:14 PM
My copy of Pacers Insider has the answer:

Halftime Acts: With the playoffs come some of the best halftime acts in the business. For Thursday night's Game 1, the Chicago Bucket Boys will perform and for Saturday night's Game 2, the popular Quick Change will visit.

So, UB, are you in? Or should we try again for halftime of Saturday's game (abandoning poor Sauveness in the process.)

:cool:

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 12:23 PM
WOw the Bucket Boys .. now I am sad :cry:

Unclebuck
05-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Thursday is fine, but I never make a commit unless I am 100% committed. Jay, like last time I was up to meet you, but I ran into someone I knew, and by the time I was through talking to that yahoo, the second half was only minutes away.

Having said that let's set up for Thursday

Who are the Bucket Boys

ChicagoJ
05-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Thursday is fine, but I never make a commit unless I am 100% committed. Jay, like last time I was up to meet you, but I ran into someone I knew, and by the time I was through talking to that yahoo, the second half was only minutes away.

Having said that let's set up for Thursday

Who are the Bucket Boys

A team of inner-city Chicago kids that use five-gallon buckets as a drum kit.

They're actually very entertaining. I've saw them at the Bulls/Pacers game up here in December. And, like the Jesse White tumblers, I feel good for those kids because they're trying to break free from the ghetto.

You can also see these kids nearly every day playing their buckets along the touristy areas of State Street and Michigan Avenue.

TheSauceMaster
05-04-2004, 01:12 PM
Yep Bucket Boys are :thumbup: :thumbup:

ChicagoJ
05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Now there are two of you that are going to egg me.

:(

Seriously, however... who clicked "before the game"? Would halftime also work for you?

My only concern with halftime is that its fairly short. If it takes three-to-five minutes for everyone to get to a meeting spot, then we've only got five minutes or so before everyone will want to go back to thier seats. Although, based on the number of "cool" votes, maybe that's enough time.

:whoknows:

Based on UB's suggestion, if we meet on the balcony level, overlooking the entry pavilion - I think that's pretty easy, even for Conseco Fieldhouse novices - to find. Let's meet on the side closer to "Pepsi Square" (that's the west side so Rat will have to walk twenty steps further.)

I'm suggesting right above the word "house" in this picture:

http://www.consecofieldhouse.com/images/Grand_Stair.gif

Kegboy
05-04-2004, 02:14 PM

Come up to the balcony. It's easier to see how they do it from up there.

And Rat, damn you for mentioning the evil that is the Red Panda Acrobat. Now I've got that god forsaken music stuck in my head. Excuse me while I go light myself on fire.

:pissed:

Suaveness
05-04-2004, 02:48 PM
[quote="Jay@Section222"]Now there are two of you that are going to egg me.

:(

Seriously, however... who clicked "before the game"? Would halftime also work for you?

My only concern with halftime is that its fairly short. If it takes three-to-five minutes for everyone to get to a meeting spot, then we've only got five minutes or so before everyone will want to go back to thier seats. Although, based on the number of "cool" votes, maybe that's enough time.

:whoknows:

Based on UB's suggestion, if we meet on the balcony level, overlooking the entry pavilion - I think that's pretty easy, even for Conseco Fieldhouse novices - to find. Let's meet on the side closer to "Pepsi Square" (that's the west side so Rat will have to walk twenty steps further.)

I'm suggesting right above the word "house" in this picture:
[quote]

I have no clue how to get up there, but I can try I guess.

Unclebuck
05-04-2004, 03:05 PM

Where are you coming from?

You could always take the escalators up on either side and follow it around, or you could even take the elevators up that are nearby.

or you could just stand in the lower level area where they take tickets and we'll throw stuff at you

MagicRat
05-04-2004, 03:16 PM
I'll plan on taking those extra few steps at halftime for the micro-party.

The 8 o'clock start would allow me to eat dinner with the family and still make it for a pre-game mini-party, also.........

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot it's the Friends series finale so I won't be able to make it to the game...............

ChicagoJ
05-04-2004, 03:40 PM

You could always take the escalators up on either side and follow it around, or you could even take the elevators up that are nearby.

or you could just stand in the lower level area where they take tickets and we'll throw stuff at you

:laugh:

(Don't forget, Sauveness, I know what you look like so I can show everyone where to aim those eggs that were originally intended for me.)

If you poke around on this page, you can see the relationship of the elevators UB mentioned to the picture I threw up there above.

http://www.consecofieldhouse.com/tour_3dview.asp?fan=GUEST726DD414119887B9867F5D22D E5&tgid=&service=&code=&rid=&ref=&ad=&name=Main+Entrance&img=frontEntrance%5Fhires%2Eipx

ChicagoJ
05-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Now I'm at three eggs. Who are you?

Suaveness
05-04-2004, 03:57 PM

Section 224 I believe...row 18 i think

Throw stuff...hmmm...somehow I think I had better bring an umbrella :laugh:

Suaveness
05-04-2004, 03:59 PM

(Don't forget, Sauveness, I know what you look like so I can show everyone where to aim those eggs that were originally intended for me.)

If you poke around on this page, you can see the relationship of the elevators UB mentioned to the picture I threw up there above.

http://www.consecofieldhouse.com/tour_3dview.asp?fan=GUEST726DD414119887B9867F5D22D E5&tgid=&service=&code=&rid=&ref=&ad=&name=Main+Entrance&img=frontEntrance%5Fhires%2Eipx

Now why would you want to do that? I think they are more likely to have fun throwing those at you ;) Maybe I should bring some too...since I know what you look like as well :devil:

Roaming Gnome
05-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Hey..
If you guys are going to meet at halftime...I will show my face. Just tell me where for sure.

ChicagoJ
05-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Hey..
If you guys are going to meet at halftime...I will show my face. Just tell me where for sure.

Gnome, unless we specifically say something different in this thread, I'm planning on meeting up on the balcony level, overlooking the main entrance, on the Pepsi Square side at halftime. (IOW, near the entrance to sections 232.) If other people also want to meet at the same spot before the game, we could do that, too.

Snickers
05-05-2004, 12:01 PM
It would be a dream come true to meet my PD peers in the flesh. Every post I accumulate on this message board reflects my undying passion for each and every one of you, and thus, I would like nothing more than the opportunity to spend even a few moments in your presence.

That is, if somebody's willing to chip in for air fare and tickets. :neutral:

Suaveness
05-05-2004, 04:56 PM
So we are meeting at halftime above the Conseco thingy.

Just confirming.

Doug
05-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Assuming all goes as planned, I'll stop by at halftime as well.

Roaming Gnome
05-05-2004, 11:33 PM
So, to get this strait...We are meeting right above the "house" in the Conseco Fieldhouse sign above the entry pavilion at halftime?

ChicagoJ
05-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Yes. And that's approximately at the entrance to Section 232.

We know Doug looks like a cross between Fred Hoiberg and Eric Piatkowksi. Look for him.

ChicagoJ
05-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Now I've got to BUMP four eggs.

But no one is claiming responsibility.

:sadbanana:

Suaveness
05-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Yes. And that's approximately at the entrance to Section 232.

We know Doug looks like a cross between Fred Hoiberg and Eric Piatkowksi. Look for him.

That's not bad then....I'm in 224...so it shoudl be close by

ChicagoJ
05-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Hitting the road now. See some of you tonight.

Unclebuck
05-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Well we did meet at halftime, it was great to meet those that showed up.

Here is my version of things. I got up to the area where we were going to meet, but I had no idea what anyone looked like, and I guess I walked by the exact spot we were suppose to meet, luckily I ran into Doug, I recognized him, we talked for awhile, then we saw a group of 4 "strange" looking guys across the way, they motioned us over and as it was too late to turn and run, we walked over, to meet, Suaveness, MagicRat, Jay and Roaming Gnome. By the time we got beyond the awkwardness it was time for the second half to start, so we broke up and went back to our seats. :laugh:

Just kidding, it was fun to meet everyone, discuss the game a little, rip on Bevetta.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, and yes I am posting this at 2:00 AM after a very long day, so I might delete this in the morning . But you know how you have a certain mental picture of those who post on here. Suaveness, MagicRat, and RG were all the way I would have pictured them. Jay please don't take this the wrong way, but you did not look anything like I thought you would. Although I am not sure what I thought you would look like, I did like your Pacers tie though.

kerosene
05-07-2004, 03:08 AM
Oh no, I've seen it and saved it. There's no going back now :laugh:

Glad some of you had a chance to meet up, that's pretty cool. I just wonder how you managed to make it past security with that drill UB.

One of these days when I get back to INDPLS under better circumstances I'll meet some of you folks too.

Suaveness
05-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah, it was definitely fun meeting the gang. We didn't talk to much, since the halftime was pretty short. But the discussions we did have were fun, especially as UB said ripping Bavetta.

Doug
05-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Just want to add two things.

First, it was nice to meet everyone. It's a shame we didn't have more time to talk Pacer stuff. But I guess that's what the forum parties are for. <hint, hint>

Second, I was extremely surprised MagicRat didn't have his camera. I rather expected our heads to be on different bodies this morning. :-) Perhaps he had a photographer hidden away somewhere.

Roaming Gnome
05-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Awkward!!!

But cutting on Dick Bavetta was well worth the awkward feelings at first. Hey Magic Rat...Are you ready to make that "Dancin' with Dickie B." video?

MagicRat
05-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Just want to add two things.

First, it was nice to meet everyone. It's a shame we didn't have more time to talk Pacer stuff. But I guess that's what the forum parties are for. <hint, hint>

Second, I was extremely surprised MagicRat didn't have his camera. I rather expected our heads to be on different bodies this morning. :-) Perhaps he had a photographer hidden away somewhere.

Here's the only picture I managed to get of the group.....
http://www.vikingvoice.com/Scans/Abel%20(9).jpg

MagicRat
05-07-2004, 05:52 PM
A variety of things:

1. Awkwardness - It was awkward for me because I've yet to make a substantive basketball post on here, and these guys wanted to actually discuss the game.
2. I'd always picture my message board self as much dorkier than my real self. Since I fit UB's mental picture, I'm concerned that I really am a dork.
3. I did have the camera, but I was pretty sure that people did not want to be subjected to a group photo.
4. I'll see what I can do about that Dickie B movie.......
5. I saw no visual evidence, so I'm assuming Jay used his superior PG quickness to avoid the egging....
6. Unclebuck displayed the total focus he's known for by pointing out that there were 40 secs. to go in halftime and he wanted to watch the game.....

Unclebuck
05-07-2004, 06:05 PM
A variety of things:

1. Awkwardness - It was awkward for me because I've yet to make a substantive basketball post on here, and these guys wanted to actually discuss the game.
2. I'd always picture my message board self as much dorkier than my real self. Since I fit UB's mental picture, I'm concerned that I really am a dork.
6. Unclebuck displayed the total focus he's known for by pointing out that there were 40 secs. to go in halftime and he wanted to watch the game.....

As I was walking away, hustling back to my seat I was wondering if I had been a little rude. You guys could have stayed.

You game photos are probably my favorite thing on this forum, at least.

My mental picture of you was not dorky at all.

Hoop
05-07-2004, 06:20 PM
I was on my way to meet you guys and I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in 2 years and talked to him till it was to late. Maybe next time. We got the win, so it was all good.

Doug
05-08-2004, 12:25 AM

I felt the exact same way before I met anybody from the forum. I was very intimidated by the depth and breadth of knowledge on this board.

Short story. I had only been posting a short time when I was invited to a wedding of a friend of mine. I somewhat suspected that another poster, a very knowledgable one at that, was also a friend of this friend. Sure enough, at the wedding there was another person there who I was 99% sure was this poster. I couldn't get up the nerve to go introduce myself to him for fear he'd quiz me on obscure Pacer ABA trivial or something.

Stupid of me, and I've regretted it ever since. Especially since I have a whole lot of respect for this particular poster.

Anyway, the point is that it may seem awkward at first, but that changes very quickly. Besides, there's nothing quite like watch Peck and Arkman, live and in person, going back and forth about the Brad Miller trade for 2 hours.

Suaveness
05-08-2004, 12:35 AM
A variety of things:

As I was walking away, hustling back to my seat I was wondering if I had been a little rude. You guys could have stayed.

You game photos are probably my favorite thing on this forum, at least.

My mental picture of you was not dorky at all.

Naw...we would've missed the game! You helped us ;)

Unclebuck
05-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Besides, there's nothing quite like watch Peck and Arkman, live and in person, going back and forth about the Brad Miller trade for 2 hours.

That is the truth

ChicagoJ
05-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Just got back online...

Fortuantely, Rat recognized Doug and UB from his photoshopping exercises. We weren't about to let you guys get away (had you run, my PG quickness skills would have been put the test.)

It was great to catch up with all of you guys at halftime. Yeah, it was a little awkward... and I'm glad Rat spared us from an actual group photo.

UB, I had come straight from the office (thus, I still had my suit on.) I suspect that, if I were dressed a little more comfortably (Chuck Person jersey and a pair of shorts), that I might have "looked the part." Or, I should haven give you the same warning I gave Suaveness in February (that friends tell my wife that I remind them of Will Farrell - not that I'm funny like Will Farrell but that I look like him.)

:rolleyes: :D

For the record, I try not to bellyache about the officials too much. But, man, Bavetta's pre-game breakdance routine was 100% hilarious.

And there were a few people that were kinda lurking about the area... I'm just curious if there was anybody else from PD standing there trying to decide whether to join our awkward but fun little circle?

MagicRat
05-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Hey Magic Rat...Are you ready to make that "Dancin' with Dickie B." video?

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/dancingbavetta.gif

Suaveness
05-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Hey Magic Rat...Are you ready to make that "Dancin' with Dickie B." video?

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/dancingbavetta.gif

Hicks
05-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Aaaaaand we have a new smilie! :laugh:

:dancingbavetta:

Roaming Gnome
05-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Thanks man...

:dancingbavetta: Offensive Foul!!!

Kegboy
05-12-2004, 01:05 AM
Now all we need is a :deadbavetta:.

Something like a cross between :dancingbavetta: and :deadhorse:.

MagicRat
05-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Now all we need is a :deadbavetta:.

Something like a cross between :dancingbavetta: and :deadhorse:.

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/maniacbavetta.gif

(No referees were harmed in the making of this .gif.....)

ChicagoJ
05-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Your picture of Bavetta includes two eyes. I swear that he's a cyclops with a glass eye.

(Do the math.)