PDA

View Full Version : $8.00 tickets for all December games

Unclebuck
11-29-2006, 12:21 PM
I just received this e-mail from the Pacers

Continuing with the celebration of the Pacers 40th Anniversary Season, for all games in the month of December, FedEx is sponsoring a special ticket offer. For all games in the month, approximately 1000 tickets will be available for each game for the Pacers 1977 price of $8.

Trader Joe
11-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Are they going to do this for every decade I guess? Jan prices will be '87? Feb prices '97? Mar prices finally '07?

Unclebuck
11-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Are they going to do this for every decade I guess? Jan prices will be '87? Feb prices '97? Mar prices finally '07?

Yes in March every ticket in the place will be priced at $100.00, even the top row balcony

Anthem
11-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Nice. How will those be available? I might need to drive up and see a game.

Trader Joe
11-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Yes in March every ticket in the place will be priced at $100.00, even the top row balcony

I'm assuming you're joking. I think you missed my point. I know its only certain seats that the prices are being made for. Maybe I was just confused by your post. IDK.:confused:

Unclebuck
11-29-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm assuming you're joking. I think you missed my point. I know its only certain seats that the prices are being made for. Maybe I was just confused by your post. IDK.:confused:

I was joking - but it does seem they are doing this month by month. Maybe in April the prices will be for 2017, and they'll all be $250.00.

I think the $8.00 tickets are available only to season ticket holders first as I just got the e-mail today, and then in a day or so they will make it available to the gen pop (a little "Prison Break" lingo for you) That is the process they used for the $4.00 tickets. But I think there were more than 1,000 four dollar tickets sold for each game.

Naptown_Seth
11-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Errr, I have a ticket that was only $6 in 1991, 28th row.

TPTB seem to be confused about the era pricing. Now if these were perhaps lower level on the side about 20 rows back, THEN maybe it would be retro pricing.

Unclebuck
11-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Errr, I have a ticket that was only $6 in 1991, 28th row.

TPTB seem to be confused about the era pricing. Now if these were perhaps lower level on the side about 20 rows back, THEN maybe it would be retro pricing.

I remember that in 1990 the really good seats at MSA the lower level right at midcourt 10 rows up or so, those seats were $22.00

FlavaDave
11-29-2006, 04:42 PM
I think this promotion will continue as long as attendance is a tad low (which explains why they didn't announce the $8 December tickets up front).

Naptown_Seth
11-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I remember that in 1990 the really good seats at MSA the lower level right at midcourt 10 rows up or so, those seats were $22.00
The one price map I have saved as memorabilia has front rows for $80, front row baseline for $55 (man, feet on the court for $55), then the other waitress areas (roughly the first 4-5 rows depending on which section) for $35.

The side lower level up to the concourse was $27, as were the floor seats on the ends (remember those odd "box seats"). But sides just a few rows above the concourse were $22, corner lows were $22, and end lowers were $17. Just above the concourse on the end was 6 bucks.

You could sit closer to the players than the club level (IMO) for six freaking dollars.

I think this map is circa 92 or 93. It seems long ago now, but it wasn't that long before when Conseco was built and the prices were high. Even at MSA the prices shot up when the team hit the 2 ECFs.

joeyd
12-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Don't know if anyone reported on this elsewhere. If so, I apologize.

I was at Conseco shortly after the $8 promo tickets went on sale. I got some tickets for seats in row 13 in sections 223 and 226 for a couple of games. For the last promo for Nov. games, I'm pretty sure that all the tickets were for seats that normally went for $25. This time, I believe that at least some of the tickets are for seats that normally go for $35. And I think the number of tickets offer was more limited this time.

These tickets are quite good unless you can afford to buy all of your tickets in the lower level or club section. When I saw the first promo, I thought that they were nosebleed tix in the sections normally going for $10.

If the trend is as I suspect, then the next promo will be to offer even better seats at double the price of the December promo tix. Perhaps club level seats for $16 in January? I know I'd be among the first in line for those tickets!

Eindar
12-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Wait till April, when all tickets are the 2017 price...