PDA

View Full Version : P's-Blazes Postgame thread: TRADE JO

Trader Joe
11-29-2006, 01:32 AM
I mean seriously where did we find this piece of crap excuse of a franchise player? There are at least 30-40 players that can do the exact same thing. Oh and on top of that how dare he think he can actually sound off on the team. He is just NOT that important. I mean look he sprained his ankle tonight and left we almost lost the game and he comes back and we cruise. You know what JO supporters? That is just a coincidence. He is an overrated piece of crap with no heart and we should trade for anything we can get I mean seriously I am not even sure who would want him at this point. I mean like I said there have to be at least 30-40 players that can do what he did tonight. What were his stats again? 20 pts., 8 boards, 6 assists, 5block and 8/13 shooting? Plus he came back from an injury to lead us back from the game? Pffffffft, I say to that what an overrated piece of crap. You think Chicago would give us Ben Wallace for him straight? Probably not, his value is so low. Most overpaid player in the NBA right now. In fact I'd say the best we could hope for was PJ Brown and Mike Sweetney. And you know what? I'd do that deal.

Oh

AND THEN I WOKE UP.

AesopRockOn
11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Trade him for Kenyon Martin and a pair of Carmelo's shoes. (I believe the math works itself out.)

Anthem
11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Hard to argue with Jermaine's play tonight. His stats were good, but he did a lot of good stuff that didn't make the box score. Bball won't agree, but tonight Jermaine was really a guy that made his teammates better.

EDIT: Wow, I just saw his stats. 20 points on 13 shots, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 blocks, only 1 turnover. I'll take that every night. Randolph can keep his guady 30 points on 27 shots.

Also can't say enough about Jeff Foster tonight. His D against Randolph was outstanding. Yeah, he only had a couple points and a couple rebounds, but he was everything you'd want from your starting center. Randolph was ON... he didn't miss those 16 shots for any reason other than Jeff Foster.

Danny also looked very comfortable in his new role of primary bench scorer. It's not a good long-term solution, but I'll take it for now. I like the new lineup.

bnd45
11-29-2006, 01:38 AM
Real quick:

1. Rebounding sucked. Way too many o-boards for Portland. This just looks like it's gonna be an issue all season.

2. New lineup worked. Granger played great off the bench. Much more balanced rotation.

3. When "Good Sarunas" shows up, we're a solid team. Rick gave him and Army extended playing time (Jack + JT didn't even play in the 4th) and they produced.

4. JO is playing the best ball of his career. I'm finally proud to call him our "Franchise Player". (I might have to sport the JO jersey at the Oracle Arena instead of the Reggie one) I really hope he's good to go tomorrow night.

Unclebuck
11-29-2006, 01:38 AM
JO was outstanding

pizza guy
11-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Hard to argue with Jermaine's play tonight. His stats were good, but he did a lot of good stuff that didn't make the box score. Bball won't agree, but tonight Jermaine was really a guy that made his teammates better.

EDIT: Wow, I just saw his stats. 20 points on 13 shots, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 blocks, only 1 turnover. I'll take that every night. Randolph can keep his guady 30 points on 27 shots.

With a big ol' smile on my face!

This game really shows the importance of JO, and good guard play. I wasn't able to watch it, but I followed the game thread and box score. "Good Sarunas" showed up tonight, and it seems like whenever that happens, we win. I can't make a judgment on Tinsley, though. Anyone fill in that blank for me?

Great win to start off a road trip! Let's hope that ankle is fine!

Unclebuck
11-29-2006, 01:41 AM
I guess my post game thread was a little late, so I'll move it over here

I need to make this quick as it is getting late.

I assume it was as obvious to everyone watching as it was to me. The game turned in the Pacers favor because Saras and Armstrong played the whole fourth quarter. And please understand, it isn't that DA and Saras are that good - because they clearly aren't. But they play 100% unselfish ball on both ends, they move the ball, DA battles on defense, the Pacers overall ball movement and offensive efficiency is just so much better when they are in the game - or let me be more direct - it is better when Jax and Tinsley are on the bench

After a nice road win I don't want to dwell on the negative, but I have to say something about Tinsley's 3rd quarter performance. But as I don't want to ripped for being overly dramatic, let me just say his performance was embarrassingly bad. I have to assume he was who Rick was yelling at during that 20 second timeout.

Tonight I realized how starved I am for a new backcourt

Anthem
11-29-2006, 01:41 AM
I can't make a judgment on Tinsley, though. Anyone fill in that blank for me?
Tins didn't shoot well, but played a decent floor game (especially in the first half). Did a great job passing the ball and running the offense, and only took one bad shot that I remember.

Anthem
11-29-2006, 01:44 AM
After a nice road win I don't want to dwell on the negative, but I have to say something about Tinsley's 3rd quarter performance. But as I don't want to ripped for being overly dramatic, let me just say his performance was embarrassingly bad. I have to assume he was who Rick was yelling at during that 20 second timeout.

Tonight I realized how starved I am for a new backcourt
:blush: Well, that's embarrassing. Right after I said he played well. In my defense, I missed a good chunk of the third quarter.

Agree on the new backcourt thing. I didn't have a problem with Jackson tonight, he played decent-or-better basketball for the whole game. But I'd love to upgrade our starting point guard spot. I'd take J.Jack in a heartbeat.

Unclebuck
11-29-2006, 01:46 AM
I can't make a judgment on Tinsley, though. Anyone fill in that blank for me?

He did some things in the 3rd quarter that had me screaming at my TV. Thankfully Rick sat him the whole 4th quarter

pizza guy
A new backcourt? I could go for that!

Destined4Greatness
Real quick:

1. Rebounding sucked. Way too many o-boards for Portland. This just looks like it's gonna be an issue all season.

2. New lineup worked. Granger played great off the bench. Much more balanced rotation.

3. When "Good Sarunas" shows up, we're a solid team. Rick gave him and Army extended playing time (Jack + JT didn't even play in the 4th) and they produced.

<B>4. JO is playing the best ball of his career. I'm finally proud to call him our "Franchise Player". (I might have to sport the JO jersey at the Oracle Arena instead of the Reggie one) I really hope he's good to go tomorrow night.</B>

You didn't watch the Pacers in 02-03 did you?

JO has already been nicked up what 3 times this year counting preseason, I don't care how he is playing, trade him now before he gets a disease named after him and we lose him, and get stuck with a 20 Mil a year contract that we can't trade.

McKeyFan
11-29-2006, 01:49 AM
How good is Jerrod Jack? Does anyone regret drafting Granger instead of Jack?

Anthem
11-29-2006, 01:50 AM

JO has already been nicked up what 3 times this year counting preseason, I don't care how he is playing, trade him now before he gets a disease named after him and we lose him, and get stuck with a 20 Mil a year contract that we can't trade.
:laugh: Ah, man, this forum is so much easier to read once I figured out I don't have to take you seriously.

:troll:

The "disease" line was good, though. Props for that.

Anthem
11-29-2006, 01:51 AM
How good is Jerrod Jack? Does anyone regret drafting Granger instead of Jack?
He's quite good. I'd love to have him as a starter.

But Granger is and will be better.

Bball
11-29-2006, 01:53 AM

JO played a great game tonight. Let's bottle it and serve it every game.

-Bball

Trader Joe
11-29-2006, 01:54 AM

LOL. Some people live for hate.

Destined4Greatness
11-29-2006, 01:54 AM
:laugh: Ah, man, this forum is so much easier to read once I figured out I don't have to take you seriously.

:troll:

The "disease" line was good, though. Props for that.

What part of my post was wrong, see when you don't take people that present facts and realism seriously it sorta leads to disappointment when you are surprised by the fact that this team isn't very good.

JO is Overpaid
He is Injury Prone
And we would be better off in the long run without him, but they are delusional about us winning now.

Destined4Greatness
11-29-2006, 01:55 AM
LOL. Some people live for hate.

Realism anybody, yeah a guy already hurt 3 times this year isn't a concern, hell if Tinsley had been hurt this many times people would be all over him.

ajbry
11-29-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't understand the instant praise of Saras and DA at the expense of Jack and Tins. I'm glad they played well down the stretch, but I feel pretty damn confident in our starting backcourt until they prove completely otherwise.

Moses
11-29-2006, 01:58 AM
What part of my post was wrong, see when you don't take people that present facts and realism seriously it sorta leads to disappointment when you are surprised by the fact that this team isn't very good.

JO is Overpaid
He is Injury Prone
And we would be better off in the long run without him, but they are delusional about us winning now.
Let's trade JO away in his prime!!

Unless we are getting another franchise player, no thank you.

Trader Joe
11-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Realism anybody, yeah a guy already hurt 3 times this year isn't a concern, hell if Tinsley had been hurt this many times people would be all over him.

He's missed ONE game. Thats hardly injury prone and tons of players gets nicked up every game when playing sports.

pizza guy
11-29-2006, 02:00 AM
JO missed one regular season game (since when did the pre-season matter, anyways?). That shows me that even if JO is dinged, he's going to suck it up and play. THAT is why no one cares about it, because JO has played very well, dinged up or not.

If JO misses a huge chunk of game again this year, it's reason for concern. But, if that happens, no one will want him anyways--so we might as well accept that JO is playing GREAT ball right now, and be happy. Because even if he's going to get hurt, we're stuck with that; but if he's not, then we've got a top tier player in this league.

pizza guy
11-29-2006, 02:04 AM
I don't understand the instant praise of Saras and DA at the expense of Jack and Tins. I'm glad they played well down the stretch, but I feel pretty damn confident in our starting backcourt until they prove completely otherwise.

My disdain for SJax and Tinsley is well documented, so this is not a sudden change of opinion resulting from tonight's game, or even the overall play of Red Bull and Runi this season. Those two are certainly back-ups for any NBA team, but they make a good 2nd-string backcourt.

I have actually liked a lot of what SJax has done this year. He's not taking as many outside shots, but taking it to the hoop. SJax as SF I like, SJax as SG I don't. Tinsley has talent, but it doesn't fit on this team. I'm holding out hope that both of them play well enough that they raise their trade value, and we have ourselves that new backcourt by the deadline.

Destined4Greatness
11-29-2006, 02:07 AM
Let's trade JO away in his prime!!

Unless we are getting another franchise player, no thank you.

Right now he looks great but come February he will be wearing otu again. Until he plays Ohh I don't know 20 games straight, I would hold out saying he is in his prime.

Or he has one sorry as prime to his name.

Do I like his improved blocks and reduced fouls, yes, but he needs to improve his rebounding and offensive percentages. 45% isn't cutting it.

Hell he isn't even averaging a 20-10 on a worse % than 02-03, as of now 02-03 was his prime.

Dr. Goldfoot
11-29-2006, 02:13 AM

Well put. I think Runi and Armstrong played great tonight. It wasn't that Tins and Jack played poorly. Jamaal's shot didn't make the flight from Toronto apparently, but 6 assists and 1 t/o in 22 minutes isn't exactly Eddie Gill hitting the side of the backboard. Jarrett Jack scored 8 of his 21 in the forth and 1 from an illegal defense tech at the beginning of the game. I don't know how many of the other 12 were vs Tinsley but I'll assume not all of them so you can't knock his "D". Jackson was playing as well as he has all year. It looks like Daniels is Rick's new doghouse resident.

Anthem
11-29-2006, 02:16 AM
JO played a great game tonight. Let's bottle it and serve it every game.
Agree.

Watching Randolph shoot 27 times and turn the ball over five times made me appreciate Jermaine's game that much more. I don't care if he never scores more than 20 a game, as long as he keeps that 6:1 assist:turnover ratio.

Anthem
11-29-2006, 02:19 AM
45% isn't cutting it.
Did you see Randolph tonight?

Peck
11-29-2006, 02:27 AM
I mean seriously where did we find this piece of crap excuse of a franchise player? There are at least 30-40 players that can do the exact same thing. Oh and on top of that how dare he think he can actually sound off on the team. He is just NOT that important. I mean look he sprained his ankle tonight and left we almost lost the game and he comes back and we cruise. You know what JO supporters? That is just a coincidence. He is an overrated piece of crap with no heart and we should trade for anything we can get I mean seriously I am not even sure who would want him at this point. I mean like I said there have to be at least 30-40 players that can do what he did tonight. What were his stats again? 20 pts., 8 boards, 6 assists, 5block and 8/13 shooting? Plus he came back from an injury to lead us back from the game? Pffffffft, I say to that what an overrated piece of crap. You think Chicago would give us Ben Wallace for him straight? Probably not, his value is so low. Most overpaid player in the NBA right now. In fact I'd say the best we could hope for was PJ Brown and Mike Sweetney. And you know what? I'd do that deal.

I couldn't agree more with you. After I edited out the part where you were being sarcastic and all;) . I know your true feelings are right here & I'm right there with you.

CableKC
11-29-2006, 02:33 AM
I understrand that when we lose....every player on the roster is fair game for open criticism.

But when we win......the haters still come out to nit-pick about their favorite player to hate.

A victory is a victory.....everyone played well tonight...most notably on the road. Can't we just focus on the good instead of the bad for once?

rexnom
11-29-2006, 02:34 AM
I think Jack's wrist is bothering him but he's gutting it out. I think it will get better, however. I don't think the 2 guard spot is going to be a problem. I think the PG spot is a bigger problem.

Naptown_Seth
11-29-2006, 04:52 AM
6 assists - go look at the list of bigs that average 5 a night....it won't take long.

For any PF or C 6 assists is very strong. It goes beyond what you'd take every night, that's a special night. Even more so when you combine it with 5 blocks.

I'll say it right now. If JO goes 20-9.5-4.5 apg and 3+ blocks, he's in the MVP running. That's IF he hits those targets, not that he will or that even if he doesn't he's in the running (just for those posters that love to kick the crap out of a strawman later).

Right now those are just about his numbers and he really hasn't had a slump yet, at least in terms of not filling any of those boxes with at least something.

Daniels did hit the doghouse for something, though as I've always said about RC he does let guys work their way out. He'll show them some light and if they respond well to it then it keeps on coming, whether they got in the doghouse for discipline or just bad play.

I think he's just about back in and could see more time with different matchups. RC made one DNP statement on the matter and left it at that. To me he comes off as disciplined but reasonable. Stick and the carrot.

I said in UBs thread, but I'll say it again here - Saras is finally showing signs of confident play. As a team they've learned to break the presses and once they get him into the HC he looks really good running off PnR or just driving right(ward) to the lane on his own. He knows the passes and shots he has from that position and looks very comfortable like that. Much more than when he just spots up outside.

I think RC has been adjusting the offense to meet this. They now run many plays with double PnRs, or Saras will run the high pick choice PnR (go left or right). And they run the standard high PnR that used to go to David, the one I noted at FanJam that they had added the PF coming to the other elbow as a passing option. If the first PnR doesn't leave them a pass then the PG kicks to the PF who tries to feed the C in the lane from the backside, or take the shot if left open.

BUT they added a new wrinkle in which it starts with a guy like DA running through the lane to the far wing so that the PF can shoot, feed the lane or rotate on around the the open wing at the 3 baseline.

They ran that play repeatedly with different choices each time. JO got one of his assists rotating it to DA for a 3 IIRC. At one point Saras made a skip pass (skip the normal rotation) right over top the lane (after going PnR no less, ie farther away from DA) to DA in the corner. Saras was feeling the set and knew where things were going to be and how he could mix it up.

So its a set the team is seeing a lot, it has many options that involve all the players at some point, and it's primary drive is Sarunas running PnR and then making a passing decision, with the secondary threat being JO's elbow jumper. Good freaking set IMO, makes guys look better when they get to do what they do best.

I thought Jack and Tins were both fine tonight. Jack took an understandable pair of 3s, he'd made one so he tried another, missed short and then got the ball right back in almost the same spot. Usually a shooter dials in on that, but he missed. As far as I remember that might have been the last 3 he put up in the game. He'll take a look but he's getting better about knowing when it's not there.

ham04
11-29-2006, 06:30 AM
At least we won...

Kestas
11-29-2006, 08:11 AM
3. When "Good Sarunas" shows up, we're a solid team.

yeah, it's rather strange. but I guess there's a reason for today's "Stat of the Game" on the Pacers site.. however, that's somewhat dissapointing, IF indeed the team relies on a backup, who seems to be so inconsistent.

Raskolnikov
11-29-2006, 10:24 AM
yeah, it's rather strange. but I guess there's a reason for today's "Stat of the Game" on the Pacers site.. however, that's somewhat dissapointing, IF indeed the team relies on a backup, who seems to be so inconsistent.
I read that too. For those who didn't:

The Pacers are now 5-0 when Sarunas Jasikevicius scores in double figures and 5-1 when he plays at least 20 minutes.

Rinuven
11-29-2006, 10:32 AM
My pennies...

I admit I was one calling for the line-up we started the year with...however, after last night, i think that is the way to go. I think the 2 units compliment each other a lot better. It was a good win. Lets see if we can string some wins together.

Jon Theodore
11-29-2006, 11:27 AM

Tins and Jack are both great 1 on 1 type players. Problem is they dont do much to make the players around them better. Tinsley does have his nights.

I really wish Josh Powell would get some minutes. Once a big guy goes down this team is in big trouble, we need to get Josh Powell playing soon.

Moses
11-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Tins and Jack are both great 1 on 1 type players. Problem is they dont do much to make the players around them better. Tinsley does have his nights.

I really wish Josh Powell would get some minutes. Once a big guy goes down this team is in big trouble, we need to get Josh Powell playing soon.
Wow.

Tinsley's offense has won us a few games this year. He's the most talented guard on this team..But that isn't even the point. The fact that you even want players to go down with injuries is dispicable.

Rinuven
11-29-2006, 12:03 PM
:-o :confused: :-o Why oh why would you wish an injury to anyone? A quick glance at their stat lines at a minimum leads one to realize we are going to need them both (tins/sarunas) at their best to be successful this year.

Trader Joe
11-29-2006, 12:11 PM

The fact that Tins has played well in many games this season doesn't even matter to you? And WOW to the fact that you are rooting for another human being to get hurt let alone a player that represents your team.

Isaac
11-29-2006, 12:14 PM
****, **** ****. I wrote a really long recap of the game here, but my internet closed itself. Stupid office computer. I'm not going to write the whole thing again, but here's the jist of it. JO is smarter then he used to be, the dump it in to JO offense still exsists but its better and more effective because the first thing he looks to do is hit a cutter, then he goes to work. Tinsley bashing has to stop, Jamaal has been important to us this season, people were just waiting for him to have a subpar, not even terrible, but subpar game to start ripping him. Seth, you'd better be right about Marquis, because he was awful out there last night, and he needs solid minutes to be effective. New lineup = good.

spazzxb
11-29-2006, 02:02 PM
It not about the number of small injurys a player has, its about the number of games they miss. I have no reason to bash tinsley right now though (zip).

Putnam
11-29-2006, 02:13 PM
The Pacers scored 105 points on just 73 field goal attempts. Field goal accuracy was 52.1%.

They lost the battle of the boards (34-47) and points from free throws (20-25), but still were never more than 5 points behind.

This was a very good win. No complaints here.

NuffSaid
11-29-2006, 02:32 PM

Oh

AND THEN I WOKE UP.
:laugh: It's a good thing I contined reading your entire post. I was gonna bash you good! :laugh:

Like the post-game report states, JO WAS the anchor for the team last night. When he left, I thought for sure Zack and Co. were gonna clean our clock! But he returned and not only did the team rally around him (i.e., play unselfish ball), but he helped make everyone else better. And speaking of playing better...

I really liked the way Sarunas played tonight. His defense seemed to have improved also. He rotated w/his man in Man-D, and stayed fast the few times RC went w/Zone. But most important was he finally started looking for his man throughout the possession and not just once or twice and assuming he's still be somewhere around. That frustrated the heck outta me last year!

And that Enegergizer Bunny we call DA...WOW!!! He, Runi and Baston should be paired up more often! What a way for Baston to get his first score w/the team. Ally-oop, anyone? :cool:

pizza guy
11-29-2006, 02:36 PM
:laugh: It's a good thing I contined reading your entire post. I was gonna bash you good! :laugh:

Like the post-game report states, JO WAS the anchor for the team last night. When he left, I thought for sure Zack and Co. were gonna clean our clock! But he returned and not only did the team rally around him (i.e., play unselfish ball), but he helped make everyone else better. And speaking of playing better...

I really liked the way Sarunas played tonight. His defense seemed to have improved also. He rotated w/his man in Man-D, and stayed fast the few times RC went w/Zone. But most important was he finally started looking for his man throughout the possession and not just once or twice and assuming he's still be somewhere around. That frustrated the heck outta me last year!

And that Enegergizer Bunny we call DA...WOW!!! He, Runi and Baston should be paired up more often! What a way for Baston to get his first score w/the team. Ally-oop, anyone? :cool:

I wasn't able to see the game last night, does anyone have a clip of this? The game thread made it sound like the greatest play ever!

Also, going only on what I've read from last night and what I know from previous games, the prospect of Red Bull, Runi, and Baston is very intriguing. That's a lot of energy and motion, and potentially some very good offense. Not too shabby on D, either.

hoopsforlife
11-29-2006, 02:45 PM
I thought the game last night was one of the most well played games of the season so far.

It was hard for me to choose just one guy who played better than another. I thought that was the first real team game we have seen this year.

JO, Danny, Jeff and Sarunas played well. Al looked OK. DA and Baston were good. It was a good, fun game to watch.

Since86
11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
I wasn't able to see the game last night, does anyone have a clip of this? The game thread made it sound like the greatest play ever!

I dunno about the greatest play ever, but I had zero clue it was coming. I didn't even notice Maceo running the floor, and thought Runi was trying to force something to JO (or Granger I forget who was down there).

Maceo just took two quick steps then went up. He caught it pretty far away from the rim and put it down, with hardly any effort.

NuffSaid
11-29-2006, 06:03 PM
I thought the game last night was one of the most well played games of the season so far.
Ditto! It was one of those rare moments when there's very little, if anything, you can complain about. In fact, when I turned the TV off sometime after the game and went to bed, my wife commented how quiet I was and asked if the Pacers had loss. I told her they won, and she said, "Strange, I didn't hear you yell at the TV one time." :laugh: I laughed, of course, but then I thought, "You know, she's right. Not once did I notice a bone-headed play or a player misque all game."

It was hard for me to choose just one guy who played better than another. I thought that was the first real team game we have seen this year.

Agreed! Let's hope this trend continues. :)

JO, Danny, Jeff and Sarunas played well. Al looked OK. DA and Baston were good. It was a good, fun game to watch.
'Tis what they've been striving for.

I dunno about the greatest play ever, but I had zero clue it was coming. I didn't even notice Maceo running the floor, and thought Runi was trying to force something to JO (or Granger I forget who was down there).

Maceo just took two quick steps then went up. He caught it pretty far away from the rim and put it down, with hardly any effort.
I had that exact same impression. I never saw Baston running the floor in transition. He just came out of nowhere, and the next thing I knew, SLAM!!! What made the play exciting was you never saw it coming! I mean, every other ally-oop you see you kinda know it's coming. You can see the play being setup before it happens. Not this time! Runi to Baston was a complete surprise even though it had been long reported that that's what these two guys do when they're on the floor together. So, I hope that RC uses these guys ALOT more. I mean, if they made it work in the Euro-League, they should be able to make it work in the NBA.

All-in-all, it was a great play, great team effort, great game, good win!