PDA

View Full Version : My Toronto Game Report

sweabs
11-26-2006, 08:15 PM
aa

AesopRockOn
11-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I forgot it was an early game; I guess it's a good thing.

Nice post R.

Pitons
11-26-2006, 08:53 PM
3 quarter - 25:18.

Evan_The_Dude
11-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Do you get to see many Pacers games? I find them to be very fun to watch in comparison to what we've seen in past years. I think it's pretty obvious that Rick wants Tinsley to be more aggressive on the offensive end in all aspects. For the most part, I think he's done an excellent job at that. What you saw was a bad night by him.

I would like to know what's up with Marshall starting instead of Daniels. Didn't he start the last game too? I think one of our issues is the lack of use of our 2-guards. Jackson get's his touches, but Danels and Marshall don't get theirs. Daniels and Marshall are the best slashers and finishers on this team. Normally I'd say the problem is with their production, but I think it's more our lack of using them than anything. We need to somehow work them into the offense because those two are keys to our style of play.

wintermute
11-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Speaking of forcing things...I think in the 4th quarter we were trying too hard to get the ball inside to JO. To the point where it resulted in bad shot attempts and turnovers. For the last 5:00 of the game, the Raptors knew to put all their attention on Jermaine because they knew we'd be looking there first every single time. It's just too predictable.

O'Neal, who finished with 15 points, 11 rebounds and three blocked shots, also was frustrated by the offense late in the game.

The Pacers were still clinging to hope after cutting a 19-point fourth-quarter deficit to eight on Stephen Jackson's 3-pointer with 3:11 left. They had two shots to get closer, but Jackson and Danny Granger each missed 3-pointers.
Toronto's Chris Bosh followed with a layup, securing the outcome.

O'Neal complained to the coaches as he walked to the bench for the timeout that followed Bosh's basket. He got the ball on the first play after the break and drew a foul after rebounding two of his own misses. He hit both foul shots.

"I always want the ball in situations where we need baskets," O'Neal said. "They were playing one-on-one coverage. I fully trust my teammates, but at that particular time, they weren't making shots and if they're not making shots, I want the ball to make things happen."

from http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061127/SPORTS04/611270410/1088

apparently, "coach" o'neal doesn't agree

that article is going to get its own thread soon no doubt, but i wondered what your (rcarey) take on it is, seeing as you've watched the game.