PDA

View Full Version : What is RC thinking?

speakout4
11-26-2006, 02:13 AM
He makes a comment that Sarunas, Foster and DA play hard all the time regardless of the score and knows very well that other players are going to be ticked off. His motivational style is clearly not going to work. Given that quis did not play and Jax's shooting is below average for him I think that RC is sending a message countersigned by LB and DW. .

Trader Joe
11-26-2006, 02:15 AM
I see nothing wrong in Rick's comments.

Kstat
11-26-2006, 04:44 AM
THere is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that certain guys are giving consistent effort and certain guys aren't.

RamBo_Lamar
11-26-2006, 11:15 AM
He makes a comment that Sarunas, Foster and DA play hard all the time regardless of the score and knows very well that other players are going to be ticked off. His motivational style is clearly not going to work. Given that quis did not play and Jax's shooting is below average for him I think that RC is sending a message countersigned by LB and DW. .

I strongly doubt that our players would be so petty and jealous of each
other that they would be "ticked off" about comments like that. I beleive
most of them would probably pat each other on the back for getting some
nice recognition like that.

RC pointing out somebody's hustle for others to see as an example rather
than singleing out players to chastise as being slackers, is a much more
diplomatic approach, would be much less likely to "tick" somebody off,
and is giving credit where credit is due.

Kudos to RC, and the team for their continued good work!

:2tup:

Naptown_Seth
11-26-2006, 12:18 PM
THere is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that certain guys are giving consistent effort and certain guys aren't.
Not only that, but I was reading a post-game from the 61 win season when I was trying to remember some of Ron's situations or something else I forget.

Anyway, Ron had a bad night and Rick just went off about it. He didn't cover his butt in the least, which RC normally does with a qualifier to take the sting out. This was just "he stunk, he didn't get it done, etc".

Next game out Ronnie went off and had a monster game. So I don't really see where a person finds fault for a coach speaking the truth. I mean who really thinks that a player doesn't hear this and more behind the scenes.

Rick's message to Jack was said when he put him on the bench. People have this idea that he just gets rolled over because he's not a screamer, but IMO RC has always been "hey, I'll play who I need to play no matter what" type of guy. Players find that cold, but he certainly has done it with Tinsley, Sarunas, Harrison...

speakout4
11-26-2006, 12:46 PM
I strongly doubt that our players would be so petty and jealous of each
other that they would be "ticked off" about comments like that. I beleive
most of them would probably pat each other on the back for getting some
nice recognition like that.

:2tup:

We are talking about the Pacers here and not some group of mature adults. There have been "chemistry " problems for the last few years to long to enumerate, brawl problems and gun problems. The expectation that these players would respond in a mature way is not exactly what this team is all about. These guys even have their own "coaches"- guys brought in who were former coaches presumably to motivate them.

I also give credit to RC for saying what he did and IMO he now has management behind him. I don't think RC ever says anything that isn't calculated and if this group doesn't work out then they are also gone at the end of the season. Tinsley is playing well and is tradeable if that becomes necessary.

At the end of the game Denari was going on about Sarunas' contribution and Quinn kept saying what about Tinsley. Even Quinn seemed to take issue with the praise of sarunas as if it were a slight of tinsley.