PDA

View Full Version : Pacers @ Magic Game Photos

Deadshot
11-23-2006, 02:22 PM
I haven't posted on here too much lately, as I have been so busy with work and college right now (busy enough that I didn't even order NBALP this year, which was kind of depressing). I managed to make the hour and fifteen minute drive to Orlando yesterday, and it was worth it to be able to see the Pacers play this year. I wish my ticket was $4 rather than $50 though, lol. The Pacers just plain fell apart in the 3rd quarter. I don't have any professional analysis; they just flat out stunk. I took my camera along and attempted to take some pictures. TD Waterhouse Centre is somewhat dim compared to other arenas I have been to. I have a 5.2 MP camera but my images are all apearing grainy (any help from you pro photographers would be appreciated). Regardless, here are some shots I took:

JO and Al warming up before the game.
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7126/joal1smallha1.jpg

Granger warming up.
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/3961/grangersmallrx0.jpg

Just about time for tipoff.
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5135/tipoffsmallur3.jpg

Carlisle realizing defeat in the 4th.
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4558/carlislesmallrz6.jpg

A little something I got before the game.
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/121/autoqq1.jpg

Brian
11-23-2006, 02:28 PM
cool..thanks for sharing

CableKC
11-23-2006, 02:28 PM
A little something I got before the game.
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/121/autoqq1.jpg

Tx for the Pics....

Did someone drew squiggly lines on your gamesheet? :laugh:

J/K...I can't tell who signature that is......

Deadshot
11-23-2006, 02:30 PM
It belongs to our very own Al Harrington. JO and Tinsely ran out of time by the time they got to me.

Deadshot
11-23-2006, 02:35 PM
I also forgot to mention that Jeff took one shot from a few feet in front of the halfcourt line at halftime...and drained it. If only he had that type of accuracy shooting layups.

Will Galen
11-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Tx for the Pics....

Did someone drew squiggly lines on your gamesheet? :laugh:

J/K...I can't tell who signature that is......

It says Al 32.

Deadshot
11-23-2006, 03:00 PM
It says Al 32.

Actually, it says AH32.

CableKC
11-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Actually, it says AH32.

Thanks.....I really couldn't tell. His autograph is like one of those illusions....where you have to tilt your head 30 degrees to the left to see it. :laugh:

ajbry
11-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Good to hear from you man, nice photos. Not surprising that you got an auto either, lol. What school are you going to?

Deadshot
11-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the comments. I was pleased to get the autograph because I didn't even figure I would get there on time. At the start of the day I threw a Sharpie in with my camera but left everything else (cards and stuff) at home because I doubted I would get anything.

And I go to Southeastern University, a small Christian college here in Florida.

SpADeD
11-23-2006, 10:24 PM
I also forgot to mention that Jeff took one shot from a few feet in front of the halfcourt line at halftime...and drained it. If only he had that type of accuracy shooting layups.

Yea I was at the game also and saw that, looked like Buckner dared him to shoot it and he drained it on the 1st try.

Also how early do you have to get there to be able to get autographs and such, cause everytime I go to TD Waterhouse it's just too damn packed and usually don't open the gates until a certain time before the game.

Deadshot
11-23-2006, 10:43 PM
I thought it was Clark, but yes, I think he was dared. I got there about 40 minutes early.

joeyd
11-23-2006, 11:38 PM
A couple of squiggle lines is usually all you can expect when you get an autograph these days from players on the run before a game. But it is still a great keepsake that is often accompanied by a story or two.

My little boy got his first autograph at a home game the other day, from none other than J.O.

We got just a "J" and and "O" with a "#7" but what a great first autograph!

Isaac
11-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I rarely get autographs, even though I have tons of chances to, especially in Chicago, but I just prefer to talk and joke around with the players and try and get them to remember me. By the end of his stay in Indy, Anthony Johnson remembered me because I made an impression on him in Chicago.

At the last game I decided to get my Tinsley jersey autographed though, and he took his time and really wrote his name down, didn't do a squiggle or anything, it looks very good and professional. Jamaal and I joked around a little bit too about how hyper Darrell is.

Deadshot
11-24-2006, 02:16 AM
Living in Florida, I do more baseball autographs than anything. My favorite story to tell is actually from a failed attempt. I was watching the Expos and Indians in Spring Training and was getting some autographs from the Expos. The game was about to start and most of the fans had returned to their seats, but myself and a select few others knew that Frank Robinson had yet to come out. The national anthem plays and he slips in at the last second. We ask him if he will sign several times, with each time his response being, "Play ball!"

I've learned real quick that if you can't face rejection, this is not the hobby for you. Luckily I do a lot of minor league baseball games, so I don't have to worry too much about players not signing.

OnlyPacersLeft
11-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks.....I really couldn't tell. His autograph is like one of those illusions....where you have to tilt your head 30 degrees to the left to see it. :laugh:
yeah als sig is funny....Jermaines sucks unless you get the nice one and granger i donno wtf that is! lol
you went? what did you have on? i was there I had a blue JO jersey authentic.
my seats were only 43 and they were on the pull out risers near the pacer bench. You paid 50 for uppers? OUCH!

Deadshot
11-25-2006, 12:55 PM
yeah als sig is funny....Jermaines sucks unless you get the nice one and granger i donno wtf that is! lol
you went? what did you have on? i was there I had a blue JO jersey authentic.
my seats were only 43 and they were on the pull out risers near the pacer bench. You paid 50 for uppers? OUCH!

I was sporting my gold Foster swingman, lol. What I paid for the ticket was face value. Considering I bought it right before the game, I can't really be displeased.