PDA

View Full Version : Since we play Milwaukee twice in a row...

Isaac
11-21-2006, 04:41 PM
I know we aren't going to get to see him in this particular series, but Charlie Vilanueva is a pretty promising young forward. I think the player he compares to probably more then anyone is Al. So, at this point of both of their careers would you rather have Charlie V or Al? For me it is a tough choice. I think Charlie will eventually be a better scorer, but he is pretty bad defensively and he's not a very good rebounder.

The Hustler
11-21-2006, 04:44 PM
C.V. for me ... i love Al and i think right now he is better but i think C.V will come through and become a 20+ppg 8rpg PF .... hes in his 2nd year and you can clearly see the talent ... thats nothing against Al ...

having said that i would much rather Al over Ford so u know who i think got the best of that trade!

ajbry
11-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Harrington. At this point, it's still a bit premature to put Charlie V. above a proven commodity in Al, whom has shown to be a good teammate and solid all-around performer. I'd go with the veteran over the sophomore.

Quis
11-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Big Al. Have you seen his shooting numbers this year? Just plain sick. The guys improved his offense every year hes been in the league, and I now feel he's one of the top-15 scorers in the entire league. I never see Charlie V. reaching that level.

Isaac
11-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Big Al. Have you seen his shooting numbers this year? Just plain sick. The guys improved his offense every year hes been in the league, and I now feel he's one of the top-15 scorers in the entire league. I never see Charlie V. reaching that level.

Lets test your theory.

Clearly better scorers then Al:
Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Joe Johnson, Allen Iverson, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Elton Brand, Chris Bosh, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming.

He's definitley a level below all of those guys, but that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Quis
11-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Lets test your theory.

Clearly better scorers then Al:
Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Joe Johnson, Allen Iverson, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Elton Brand, Chris Bosh, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming.

He's definitley a level below all of those guys, but that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett, Elton Brand, Chris Bosh, Yao Ming and possibly Tim Duncan are all debatable at this point.

J_2_Da_IzzO
11-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett, Elton Brand, Chris Bosh, Yao Ming and possibly Tim Duncan are all debatable at this point.

No that is not debatable at all. Yao Ming "at this point" is putting up his best numbers. Kevin Garnett is a certified 20 ppg player aswell.

pizza guy
11-21-2006, 11:37 PM

There are absolutely no questions on that list.

Yet, I'd still take Al over Charlie V. right now. I like CV, but Al brings more than just offense. He brings a good amount of leadership, a great lockerroom/chemistry guy, he can rebound (as evidenced tonight) like crazy. I don't know much about CV's personality or character, so it's kind of an unfair judgment except that we KNOW how Al gets along with JO, TPTB, and the fans--and we KNOW how Al can play. Take al right now, but we decide to blow up the team, I'd love to have CV.

Naptown_Seth
11-21-2006, 11:41 PM
I went with the known quantity, plus Al brings the positive attitude. Not saying CV doesn't or won't, or that he's a problem, just that Al for certain will give you positive energy, effort and then fills the box score in a similar manner. CV is younger, but you still have 5-6 solid years from Al I would expect.