PDA

View Full Version : Fire RC if u wanna c a VICTORY

molten
11-18-2006, 04:46 PM
The real problem of Pacers is the coach fellas. Love reading your posts and passing of the blame from one player to another, but the real cause Pacers are and will be the Cubs of basketball is your coach. He is narrow minded, stubborn, lacks creativity, and able to coach YMCA teams at best. Dumars new what he was doing when he got rid of him...

AesopRockOn
11-18-2006, 04:59 PM
:bananadan

Young
11-18-2006, 05:13 PM
RC is not the problem.

Do you know how many teams would love to have RC? More than not. Rick is a top 5 coach in the league. Period.

Ever think that maybe the players don't fit? Of course not. It's Rick's fault. The players are a perfect team. I forgot.

250 wins in 6 seasons as a coach. (that includes this season) He holds a 59 winning percentage. Rick is NOT the problem. He is proven to be a good coach.

I love reading posts about Rick being the problem. Through all the injuries, through all the suspensions, through all the distractions, through all the locker room problems, Rick hasn't kept us out of the playoffs. I don't know if really anyone could have done much better with this team than Rick did. He has been outstanding.

I find it funny that Rick gets blamed for us playing slow down ball. Everyone complains. Then when he opens things up and speeds up the pace Jermaine complains about not getting it deep in the post and now someone is saying that Rick can only coach YMCA teams. That is ridiculous.

Kstat
11-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Give me a C!

C!

rimock31
11-18-2006, 05:32 PM
RC is an amazing coach, don't get me wrong. But there's probably 10 other coaches in this league that would be better suited to THIS TEAM
Whereas you hear about other coaches who contribute to the development of young players, carlisles claim to fame is his structure and defensive philosophy

FireTheCoach
11-18-2006, 05:39 PM
During the Nets game I made a comment that this should be the last season for RC here as head coach.

I absolutely hated Isiah Thomas coaching our team; and I don't dislike Rick that much but IMO we are in need of a different coaching style. I'm not clamoring for his immediate dismissal but short of an ECF appearance by this squad and I'm all for going in a different direction with the coaching staff.

JMO
s.i.g.h.

beast23
11-18-2006, 07:07 PM
I think Rick has show that he is more than willing to give up partial control of the reigns to his point guard. I don't think that Rick has been the problem, for the most part.

The problem really is that TPTB didn't have the forsight to know how important rebounding would be to the style of play that we were trying to adopt.

And quite frankly, fo rthe life of me I really don't understand why not. Without halfway decent defense, it is difficult to run the ball. And, without very good defensive rebounding, it is nearly impossible to run the ball.

Bottom line is, we don't yet have the right mix of players to successfully execute Rick's game plan.

So, what are we most likely stuck with? Like it or not, probably another year of 1/2 court offense.

We have acquired a few decent offensive slashers. That's the good news. However, for next season, I think that we can successfully execute a running game, we need one or two really good rebounder. Although Granger has been surprisingly successful in his perimeter shooting abilities, I believe we also need an additional really good perimeter shooter. And, we need much better defense in our backcourt.

And of course, we will somehow have to accomplish all of that without a first round draft choice.

We aren't done with rebuilding. We are not in the middle of our rebuilding. I believe we've really just started with our rebuilding.

But, I don't believe we can really lay any of this on Carlisle... because it would take a lot more than a change of coaches to turn this team around and enable it to run.

Anthem
11-19-2006, 12:05 AM
RC is an amazing coach, don't get me wrong. But there's probably 10 other coaches in this league that would be better suited to THIS TEAM
What are their names?

Robertmto
11-19-2006, 12:16 AM
What are their names?

Mike D'antoni??

AesopRockOn
11-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Nine to go.

speakout4
11-19-2006, 12:35 AM
I don't have that much problem with RC but more of a problem with the brass that thinks Tinsley and Sarunas can be the PGs of a playoff team. IMO there is way too much wishful thinking that the players will gel and players with a history of being injured will reverse that. Sorry but the Tinsley Sarunas problem should have been fixed.

Big Smooth
11-19-2006, 01:49 AM
The real problem of Pacers is the coach fellas. Love reading your posts and passing of the blame from one player to another, but the real cause Pacers are and will be the Cubs of basketball is your coach. He is narrow minded, stubborn, lacks creativity, and able to coach YMCA teams at best. Dumars new what he was doing when he got rid of him...

Since when are the Pacers the Cubs of the NBA? *scratches head*

The Cubs only make the playoffs once every 8-10 years. ;)

Carlisle's coaching seemed fine the one season that everyone behaved and stayed healthy. Pacers won 61 games and came within 2 games of the Finals.

Since then, we all know the story. And perhaps his time is soon to be up in Indiana. Maybe, only because it's possible guys will tune him out soon if things stay rocky. But I'd still put him in the Top 10 coaches currently in the NBA. Dumars wasn't a genius, he didn't have any great insight IMO. Larry Brown became available and Joe D made the move. If Larry Brown isn't available, I say that move either does not happen or doesn't look so brilliant in hindsight.

Naptown_Seth
11-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Nine to go.
If you can even prove that the Suns style wins without Steve Nash on the court.

60-15 with Nash
54-25 with Nash
2-5 with Nash
116-45 with Nash total

Without Nash
2-5
0-3
1-1
3-9 without Nash total

Hmm, how about the Pacers keep Rick and instead trade Tinsley and Sarunas for Steve Nash? Yep, the salaries work so it's not a financial restriction, meaning I'm not assembling an all-star team of big money players to make RC look great.

You tell me that Nash coming to the Pacers in that trade wouldn't dramatically improve the team, that the Suns would make that deal...then I'll listen to the theory that D'Antoni has been proven to be as good a coach as Rick. Last I checked RC has won 60 as many times, made more conference finals, made as many Finals, and never had an MVP on the roster at the time.

Accountability for crackpot theories is a bummer, I know. It's much cooler to just say whatever crazy thing comes to mind and let the facts be damned.

In fact I'm inspired. There's probably at least 52 different types of mice that can maul a polar bear in a one on one battle. There's probably 14 other planets in this solar system more hospitable to human life than Earth is. Weee, it is fun. Fun really is back.

Robertmto
11-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Nine to go.

Eddie Jordan!!!