PDA

View Full Version : Online pacers games streamings

vali_31
11-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Hey guys this is something for people who live in Indy, i have been able to watch some of the games through TVU ppmate etc... and ive noticed that some teams have people that stream most of their games.

I was wondering if any of the people here in PD who get FSI could maybe volunteer to stream some of the games(preferably in TVU because sopcast doesnt work well with me and according to some people watching yesterdays game TVU works like a well oiled machine most of the time).

I would do it myself if i could but i live in Venezuela so i think that it goes without saying that i dont get FSI.

Well, thanks in advance and be sure to know that this extra effort would be greatly appreciated by me and many others in this forum;) .

NPFII
11-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Online would be REALLY nice, but also capping games and publishing via torrents so we can at least download and see the games the day after?

I know last season someone would publish Pacers games regularly - don't know if it was from this board. The site that NBA games are published at is usually http://bt.davka.info - you can check it out. If you look closely you can see that all Raptors games are published, for example. They actually have organized a set of 3-4 cappers with a schedule and everything... see http://www.hoopsfanforum.net . I think the Rockets are also covered, as well as the Lakers and Sacramento. Indiana is missing badly!

If you have a PVR or TV card you can record anything your TV gets, including Pacers games. If you also have above 1mbps upload you can broadcast LIVE (see http://myp2p.eu). If not, you can compress and publish as torrent (see http://www.hoopsfanforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=74 for a detailed description).

Anybody up to the task? I'm sure that the many Pacers fans that don't get FSN Midwest or bought the LeaguePass or whatever - would love to have a way to see Pacers games, and would appreciate it very much!

Raskolnikov
11-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Anybody up to the task? I'm sure that the many Pacers fans that don't get FSN Midwest or bought the LeaguePass or whatever - would love to have a way to see Pacers games, and would appreciate it very much!
Indeedy...:)

CableKC
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Not to be a nit-picky type guy....but aren't there legal ramifications to any of this?

I don't mind if someone else does this outside of PD......but I don't want to see MagicRat or UB put in jail for illegally brodcasting an NBA without written authroization or permission from the NBA.

vali_31
11-20-2006, 04:06 PM
I didnt mean necessarily(sorry if spelled incorrectly) people from PD. Maybe if nobody here can to do it you could spread the word to people outside of PD that you think could and would want to do such thing.

Imagine the number of new smart posts that this forum would get if more people would be able to watch the games instead of basing their opinions on deceptive(to say the least) box scores Example: Tinsleys game on saturday( His line looked pretty good but from what i hear and Seths grades, wich i respect, he was one of the worst players in the game. Of course i cant testify to that because i wasnt able to watch the game.

P.S: I know this doesnt make it any less illegal(if it is) but there are so many live sport streamings including nba ones that i find it (personally) highly unlikely that anyone would be put in jail beacuse of doing that.

2nd P.S Can someone tell me the meaning of: ROFL, JMO, IMO and such (please)

Pitons
11-20-2006, 04:27 PM
2nd P.S Can someone tell me the meaning of: ROFL, JMO, IMO and such (please)

ROFL (or ROTFL) - rolling on the floor laughing
JMO - just my opinion
IMO - in my opinion

If I'm right, if not - correct me please.

vali_31
11-20-2006, 04:32 PM
I really appreciate that!

Pitons
11-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I really appreciate that!

You are welcome :)

JayRedd
11-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I don't mind if someone else does this outside of PD......but I don't want to see MagicRat or UB put in jail for illegally brodcasting an NBA without written authroization or permission from the NBA.

Maybe MagicRat

SycamoreKen
11-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Maybe MagicRat

No, UB. Rat's photoshop skills bring more to the team. UB is more easily replaced.;)

RamBo_Lamar
11-20-2006, 06:25 PM
P.S: I know this doesnt make it any less illegal(if it is) but there are so many live sport streamings including nba ones that i find it (personally) highly unlikely that anyone would be put in jail beacuse of doing that.

Admittedly, I've never tried doing something like this (and won't), so
don't really know first-hand how long it would take for the authorities
to find out about it.

Streaming video like that without permission from the NBA would be
copyright infringement, and you could indeed get yourself in a whole
lot of trouble here by doing it. If convicted, you may not go to jail
if it's your first offense, but your attorney fees and fines assessed
by the court could be quite steep - devestatingly so. And if you get
the FBI's attention for doing something like that, then you could have
them knocking on your door causing you grief as well.

The US is one of the biggest enforcers of copyright and intellectual
property laws in the world. I suppose though if someone was doing
it from a foreign country that didn't care about US laws, then they
might be able to get away with it.

What would really be nice is if the Pacer's could stream video of
their games via Pacers.com, but I doubt that would ever happen
due to contractual agreements preventing them from undercutting
media they are collecting royalties from.

Ozpacer
11-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Instead of streaming the video, perhaps someone could place pacer games up on youtube in 10 minute blocks. This would get by some of those copyright infringements and the worse that could happen would be the video being taken down from youtube.

able
11-20-2006, 09:46 PM
I am sure that in the near future I can find a place where there will be free torrents at high speed available with all the pacers games, sometimes patience is all it takes, sometimes those who ask get mis-trusted heavily though.

MagicRat
11-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Maybe MagicRat

:buttkick:

No, UB. Rat's photoshop skills bring more to the team. UB is more easily replaced.;)

:bgroovy:

NPFII
11-20-2006, 11:50 PM
I am sure that in the near future I can find a place where there will be free torrents at high speed available with all the pacers games, sometimes patience is all it takes, sometimes those who ask get mis-trusted heavily though.

I can see where you're coming from, but if that's intended to me - you can rest assure - I'm just another fan and nothing more.

If patience is all it takes then that's the most optimistic reply to this thread yet...

On the legal matters - I'm pretty sure it's pretty much in the dark, as if I am not mistaken (though I'm no lawyer), online p2p streaming has not been challenged in any way (in the US or elsewhere), as it's fairly new. By the way, there are many networks that already use this means of broadcast, like ABC, NBC, FOX, and even NBATV. Of course, I probably don't need to tell you that the usage of torrents has become extremely widespread, and cant be stopped.

I like the idea that Pacers.com should broadcast (even for $$$). That would be beautiful, and is probably what will happen in the future - a guy can hope...

McKeyFan
11-20-2006, 11:53 PM
If I'm right, if not - correct me please.

IIRINCMP

SycamoreKen
11-21-2006, 12:11 AM
I can see where you're coming from, but if that's intended to me - you can rest assure - I'm just another fan and nothing more.

If patience is all it takes then that's the most optimistic reply to this thread yet...

On the legal matters - I'm pretty sure it's pretty much in the dark, as if I am not mistaken (though I'm no lawyer), online p2p streaming has not been challenged in any way (in the US or elsewhere), as it's fairly new. By the way, there are many networks that already use this means of broadcast, like ABC, NBC, FOX, and even NBATV. Of course, I probably don't need to tell you that the usage of torrents has become extremely widespread, and cant be stopped.

I like the idea that Pacers.com should broadcast (even for $$$). That would be beautiful, and is probably what will happen in the future - a guy can hope...

The NBA already has broadband streaming in cnjunction with its League Pass t.v. deal. If you buy LP then you got the broadband feeds. Of course, that does anyone out of the country no good. That could be a reason thought for them to go after people pirateing the feeds on line.

I'm still waiting for the day I can buy games on a game to game basis in all sports. I'm sure it will happen, I just wish it would hury up.

able
11-21-2006, 04:52 AM
The NBA already has broadband streaming in cnjunction with its League Pass t.v. deal. If you buy LP then you got the broadband feeds. Of course, that does anyone out of the country no good. That could be a reason thought for them to go after people pirateing the feeds on line.

I'm still waiting for the day I can buy games on a game to game basis in all sports. I'm sure it will happen, I just wish it would hury up.

NFL offeres it atm, in Europe at least, but a staggering $ 29.95 per game would be "costly" for 82 basketball games one would think.

it is still ridiculous for NFL as well ( $ 500 odd for a season!)

Alpolloloco
11-21-2006, 05:35 AM
In Europe and the rest of the world (except US) you can buy sports games at www.pontel.com (http://www.pontel.com). The games are priced at EUR 13,50 per DVD but if you take a subscription for a longer period they are much cheaper. Last year I had a regular season subscription for EUR 350,00 (2 Pacer games per week) that results in a price per game of EUR 7,00.
This year I have a 5 weeks subscription for EUR 75,00 (per game EUR 7,50). That's pretty cheap I think.

Pitons
11-21-2006, 08:04 AM
IIRINCMP

:laugh: :thumbup: