PDA

View Full Version : Under what circumstances would you be comfortable with Al as the starting PF?

Anthem
11-17-2006, 06:45 PM
This is not a "trade Jermaine" thread, because I like Jermaine and want to keep him. But if Jermaine ended up on another team, what sort of players would Harrington need around him in order to be a quality PF for us?

A Foster-Harrington-Granger frontcourt doesn't really excite me, honestly. On offense it would get pushed around, and on defense there's absolutely no shotblocking or post defense.

So what would it take?

ChicagoJ
11-17-2006, 06:52 PM
How do you feel about a Harrison-Harrington-Granger frontcourt?

That would really require us to slow it down and slog it out in the halfcourt. But unlike Foster-Al-Danny that lineup has a little bit of a chance to do things offensively.

JO is too crucial to this team's frontcourt, we'd need to get a top-flight PF or C in return for him, and we'd still have the same problems in our backcourt (which are much bigger than any frontcourt problems we may or may not be having right now.)

:twocents:

Anthem
11-17-2006, 11:56 PM
JO is too crucial to this team's frontcourt, we'd need to get a top-flight PF or C in return for him, and we'd still have the same problems in our backcourt (which are much bigger than any frontcourt problems we may or may not be having right now.)
Yeah, that's exactly where I'm at right now. Trading Jermaine for a top-notch wing might sound exciting, but it causes all kinds of problems in our frontcourt.

Quis
11-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Harrington's just too weak of a rebounder to be a great power forward. Put him at SF, and that weakness turns into a strength, as he's an above average rebounding SF. Its just, where would that leave Granger?

Just
11-18-2006, 01:18 AM
This is not a "trade Jermaine" thread, because I like Jermaine and want to keep him. But if Jermaine ended up on another team, what sort of players would Harrington need around him in order to be a quality PF for us?

A Foster-Harrington-Granger frontcourt doesn't really excite me, honestly. On offense it would get pushed around, and on defense there's absolutely no shotblocking or post defense.

So what would it take?

Oh, I suppose I could live with Tim Duncan starting next to Al.

Eindar
11-18-2006, 03:58 AM
You'd like to have an athletic Center who can block shots and rebound well, because Al as a PF will be taking lots of jumpers, dragging his man onto the perimeter. His contract is atrocious, but Dalambert fits the style we want to play and the style Al plays with at C. I think Danny is a strong enough rebounder that he could make up for Al's deficiencies as long as we also had a strong rebounder at Center. You'd also like to get some help for the backcourt.

Mourning
11-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Kaman and Magette? :dunno:

JO or Brand would have to play C for the Clippers, but whom of us cares about that ahemmm.... "problem"? :D:D:D

Anyway, no way I would do that trade.

Regards,

Mourning :cool: