PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Gun: Words Sparked "Malice At The Palace"

IndyHoosier
11-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I didn't see this posted here yet.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1116062bballs1.html

AesopRockOn
11-16-2006, 09:05 PM
He must have been watching a ton of south park.

ajbry
11-16-2006, 09:07 PM
He must have been watching a ton of south park.

Exactly what I was thinking. :laugh:

skyfire
11-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Ben should have known the correct response was "Present them" :D

LG33
11-17-2006, 12:23 AM
"The fan who had thrown the cup at Artest did not have a cup in his hands"
This guy is a regular Perry Mason...

Oh, and...hahahah about the South Park

Peck
11-17-2006, 04:05 AM
In retrospect I wish Artest would have yelled that at Jermaine.

D23
11-17-2006, 09:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2665317
----
Report: Fan who started Palace brawl is banned for life

John Green, the fan who sparked the infamous Pistons-Pacers brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills by throwing a cup at Ron Artest (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3339), has been banned for life from Detroit home games, according to a report on USA Today's Web site.

The newspaper obtained a copy of a letter that the team reportedly sent to Green.

"From time to time we have discussed the brawl-related bans that were issued with the NBA. They have recently directed the Pistons to make the bans permanent, at least as they relate to Detroit Pistons' games," Pistons executive vice president John Ciszewski reportedly wrote. "Therefore, you are forever banned from attending any Detroit Pistons home games."

The letter goes on to threaten prosecution for trespassing if Green is caught attending a game.

Green, 41, was convicted of misdemeanor assault for punching Artest. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and two years probation and was mandated to attend Alcoholics Anonymous and anger management counseling. He received a $500 fine.

"It was the dumbest thing I've ever done," Green told the paper. "I would never do it again. I got home that night, and my wife was tapping her foot, asking what the hell happened. She said 'You're all over ESPN.'"

Green said he plans to sell the letter on eBay.

"I'm the fall guy, no doubt about it," he told USA Today. "I got my 15 minutes of fame."
----

eeek, after reading that I'm not sure I'd want to face the wrath of the wife... I'd just go back and let Ron beat me up :laugh:

NuffSaid
11-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Question: How does Artest making that statement while on the scorer's table spark the brawl? I mean, Big Ben did shove Ron-Ron in the face while they were on the court, right? Or was I the only one who saw that? :-o (sarcasm)

Vicious Tyrant
11-17-2006, 09:47 PM
John Green, the fan who sparked the infamous Pistons-Pacers brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills by throwing a cup

John Green sparked the brawl? Wow, not to beat a dead horse, but isn't that some kind of progress with the media reports?

IndyHoosier
11-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Question: How does Artest making that statement while on the scorer's table spark the brawl? I mean, Big Ben did shove Ron-Ron in the face while they were on the court, right? Or was I the only one who saw that? :-o (sarcasm)

My thoughts exactly!!!