PDA

View Full Version : Morrison drops 27 on the Spurs

esabyrn333
11-16-2006, 12:33 PM
I know alot of people on Indy star said this guy would be a bust. I know he has no defesive game to speak of yet but I know about now I would really appreciate his shooting ability. I think this guy is going to be something special for some years.

Fool
11-16-2006, 12:45 PM
It was the 2nd of a back to back. Spurs lose just about every one of those.

Mac_Daddy
11-16-2006, 12:53 PM
It was the 2nd of a back to back. Spurs lose just about every one of those.

I think his point was less about the Spurs losing and more about Morrison's game.

I think he'll be a good player, but I'm not going to put a lot of stock in him right now. He is a good addition for the Bobcats though. They'll start to pick it up in the next year or two. Bright future for them, in terms of talent.

Fool
11-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Indeed his point was about Morrison and how good he looks if he's dropping 27 on a team like the Spurs. However, my point is that while impressive for sure, its not the most uncommon thing for a guy to go off on the Spurs on the 2nd game of a back-to-back.

ALF68
11-16-2006, 01:19 PM
I know alot of people on Indy star said this guy would be a bust. I know he has no defesive game to speak of yet but I know about now I would really appreciate his shooting ability. I think this guy is going to be something special for some years.
I remember one poster in particluar who stated that Morrison would just be an average at best NBA player. The poster's reasoning was that Morrison didn't have the typical NBA athlete's body.

Mac_Daddy
11-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I remember one poster in particluar who stated that Morrison would just be an average at best NBA player. The poster's reasoning was that Morrison didn't have the typical NBA athlete's body.

That person is a genious. I mean, look at Reggie. He never turned out to be that good.

Mac_Daddy
11-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Indeed his point was about Morrison and how good he looks if he's dropping 27 on a team like the Spurs. However, my point is that while impressive for sure, its not the most uncommon thing for a guy to go off on the Spurs on the 2nd game of a back-to-back.

If that's the case, you could also argue that Morrison could have been tired from the Bobcats scenario (3 games in 4 nights, latter 2 being back-to-back) and still put up those numbers. He had a good game against the Spurs either way. I don't think there should be an asterisk beside it because the Spurs were tired.

Fool
11-16-2006, 01:40 PM
However, my point is that while impressive for sure

I would have thought my comment above would have made it clear that I don't think an asterisk is needed. I'm simply commenting on the situation. However, if you would like to "crown his ***, you go ahead and crown him" but he is what I ... well I think the points made.

Mac_Daddy
11-16-2006, 01:46 PM
However, my point is that while impressive for sure, its not the most uncommon thing for a guy to go off on the Spurs on the 2nd game of a back-to-back.

You qoute the first part of that sentence, but not the second. While you come out and say it is impressive, you then imply that it isn't in the latter part of the sentence. Its a little contradictory and therefor I wrote what I did.

I am also commenting on the situation, but I went into a little more detail. So, I think both of our points are made.

Robertmto
11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Ammo is beyond the truth - he's the entire equation; the question, answer AND smart *** reply.

AesopRockOn
11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Lol, rob.

I heard, um what's his name, skip on espn saying that Ammo was ok on offense and going to be a defensive liability forever. Ok, first of all, it's only eight or so games into his ROOKIE year and there's a lot more to prove and disprove; second of all, the skip guy is not very smart. I still think he takes ROY unless BRoy gets 40min a night in Portland. He'll score 30 a few times this year.

pizza guy
11-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Morrison will be a good player. If his only strength is shooting, then he'll be fine. There are other guys who do nothing but score, and they're doing alright. Perfect example: Reggie. Currently, guys like RayRay and Redd are essentially pure scorers, and those are two guys I'd LOVE to have on the Pacers. Morrison makes a third.

Arcadian
11-17-2006, 02:38 AM
Just because shooting is a players strength does not put him in the league of Redd or Allen.

Fool
11-17-2006, 12:36 PM
You qoute the first part of that sentence, but not the second. While you come out and say it is impressive, you then imply that it isn't in the latter part of the sentence. Its a little contradictory and therefor I wrote what I did.

The statements are not contradictory. The statements oppose each other which was the whole point of making them. Its a good showing, and there are other factors.

pizza guy
11-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Just because shooting is a players strength does not put him in the league of Redd or Allen.

If he shoots as well in the NBA as he did in college, yes it does. Dropping 27 on the Spurs, second game of a back-to-back or not, is fairly impressive. It's early, he could still bust. But he could be just as good as Allen or Redd, or even better. To me, he looks very comfortable on the court, very natural in his shots, and can easily create for himself. You're right, it's too early to honestly make that comparison, but I'm saying the potential is obviously there, IMO.