PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Colangelo in action at the draft

rexnom
11-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Not sure if this has been posted or not, but you guys HAVE to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QibGO_QKzQE

Notice how quickly he hangs up with Donnie Walsh...we obviously did not want to give up that pick and had our minds set on someone way ahead of time...

spreedom
11-15-2006, 11:54 PM
That was really interesting.. I wasn't aware that GMs spoke so freely and casually with each other...

Anthem
11-16-2006, 12:12 AM
That's good television.

Donnie's at 3:00, in case anybody's wondering.

And I'd give blood to have similar footage of the Pacer's war room.

rexnom
11-16-2006, 12:30 AM
That's good television.

I'd give the half of my kingdom I didn't give for the Celts backcourt.

sweabs
11-16-2006, 01:16 AM
Man, the Raptors put on an hour production like this after every year's draft. Or they have done it for the past 5 years at least and then broadcast on RaptorsTV. I watch it every year, I love that stuff.

And before each year's draft, they usually run every draft up until then, so like 5 back to back episodes of each preceding draft like this...oh it's good TV alright. It was funny watching Babcock in there...and he got his man Hoffa alright!

Unclebuck
11-16-2006, 01:20 AM
That was facinating. Donnie shut down the conversation right away.

And why didn't Bryan call Larry Bird. Oops

Arcadian
11-16-2006, 01:33 AM
I liked how he said get someone from Atlanta. The GM's don't know who is in charge there either.

Aw Heck
11-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Good stuff. I wish more of this kinda stuff was available. I've never seen GM's talk to each other about making deals before.

And I don't think the conversation between Donnie and Bryan was as short as it appears. There's some cuts in the video, so the editors probably cut some stuff out.

Unclebuck
11-16-2006, 01:47 AM
And I don't think the conversation between Donnie and Bryan was as short as it appears. There's some cuts in the video, so the editors probably cut some stuff out.

You mean they cut the stuff out about Bosh for JO talks.

Naptown_Seth
11-16-2006, 03:22 AM
That's good television.

100% QFT on all counts.

I eat this s*** up, that's my kind of reality TV. Really facinating to see this stuff in action. I know guys might hate to give things away, but forgetting wanting to know for an advantage or to complain, it's just an interesting process to watch.

And yeah, Walsh clearly wasn't moving that pick. Either they had someone else in mind and had to switch to Shawne at the last second, or he truly was their guy the whole way. They definitely had something in mind just a few minutes before their pick.

Good stuff. I wish more of this kinda stuff was available. I've never seen GM's talk to each other about making deals before.

You're right, there are 2 clever cuts in there that jump to his responses. They have definitely removed some of the talks, so I guess it wasn't so clear cut perhaps, or they discussed some other dealings while also talking about picks.

Maybe they comment "no, we don't want to move Bosh" was taking out and then his "okay, alright" was not to DW saying he'll keep it, but rather to DW saying "well that's the only deal I'm interested in" instead. Sometimes edits like this are just for time, but I bet in this case it is some type of content issue.

Obviously the Raptors get final say on content and probably have to check with other teams for approval too.