PDA

View Full Version : Heat/Hornets: Game 7 -- Who will win?

Shade
05-02-2004, 03:16 PM
In the predictions thread I picked the Hornets in 7 and have seen nothing that makes me want to change my mind.

able
05-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Miami, homecourt will be the decider.

doesn't matter though, no matter who comes out, they are wacked/battered/bushed

I feel another broom week coming up.

Hicks
05-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Miami.

ROCislandWarrior
05-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Miami, homecourt will be the decider.

doesn't matter though, no matter who comes out, they are wacked/battered/bushed

I feel another broom week coming up.

I would feel more comfortable with Miami even though both teams are busted up.

Miami is a terrible road team and I think we would go up 2-0 on them and we could crush their hearts by "stealing" game 3.

indytoad
05-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Well if Miami wins I get 20 points in the Pick 'n Roll contest.

And they match up with the Pacers a little better. But who cares about that?

IndyToad
A zesty pepperjack

DisplacedKnick
05-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Miami. This is the classical home court series.

I'd look for the Pacers to take it in 5. I think Miami squeeks one out at home - probably game 3. Just be careful in game 1. It'll be the 2nd half before the Pacers offense starts to click so in the first half the defense needs to keep it close. I actually look for the Heat to be up at the half with Indy rolling them up the 2nd half.

Hopefully the Heat series will be tougher than the Boston series. You know whoever comes out of NJ-Detroit will have been to a war and be in that mindset. It'll be a lot eaasier to match if the Pacers 2nd rd opponent gives you a run for it - at least with competitive games, even if the series is short.

Ragnar
05-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Miami is a terrible road team and I think we would go up 2-0 on them and we could crush their hearts by "stealing" game 3.

New Orleans only won 3 more games on the road than the Heat did. Its not like the Hornets are road warriors either. Neither team has won on the road in the playoffs and I dont think that will change.

The only thing going in the Hornets favor is that they have been in the playoffs before. The experience factor could get them a game 7 if it is close in the last 2 minutes. But Van Gundy is a better coach than Floyd and his team clearly trusts him more. So I think that may out weigh the experience factor for the Hornets.

Anyway I think it will be the Heat. I dont care who we face I am confident we will beat either one.