PDA

View Full Version : Allstar voting

Speed
11-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Click directly below to vote.

http://www.nba.com/webAction?actionId=surveyInitialize&target=/allstar2007/asb/eng/sweeps.jsp&surveyId=1251[/URL]

[URL]http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061114/SPORTS04/61114027/1004/SPORTS (http://www.nba.com/allstar2007/asb/eng/postvote.html)

NBA All-Star balloting has started, with Indiana Pacers fans having the opportunity to vote for forwards Jermaine O’Neal and Al Harrington and guards Marquis Daniels and Stephen Jackson.

The All-Star Game will be played in Las Vegas on Feb. 18.

In-arena balloting for the Pacers will begin Friday when they host the New Jersey Nets in Conseco Fieldhouse. O’Neal is the lone Pacers player to have played in an All-Star game, being named five times including twice as a starter.

A total of 120 players – 60 each from the Eastern and Western Conferences – are listed on the NBA All-Star ballot, with 24 guards, 24 forwards and 12 centers from each conference comprising the ballot. Voters select two guards, two forwards and one center from each conference. The 120 players on the ballot were selected by a panel of media experts who regularly cover the NBA.

Voting continues through Jan. 15 for paper balloting and Jan. 21 for online balloting at nba.com.
<!-- PHOTO & FACTBOX --><!-- ARTICLE SIDEBAR -->

rexnom
11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
I voted Yao, TD, Tracy, CP3, and Carlos Boozer for the West and JO, LeBron, JJ, Michael Redd, and Dwight Howard for the East.

I'll vote again soon. Vote early and often!

Isaac
11-14-2006, 05:08 PM
No Granger or Tinsley?

Speed
11-14-2006, 05:10 PM
I voted Yao, TD, Tracy, CP3, and Carlos Boozer for the West and JO, LeBron, JJ, Michael Redd, and Dwight Howard for the East.

No love for Al!?!?!? :)

Speed
11-14-2006, 05:10 PM
No Granger or Tinsley?

You can write in one of them, if you want.

ajbry
11-14-2006, 05:11 PM
I'll cast my vote every day for Jack, JO, and Al. That's it, nobody else.

Pitons
11-14-2006, 05:13 PM

Is it possible to vote more than 1 time? I don't know so I'm just asking. And how often can you do that?

Speed
11-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Is it possible to vote more than 1 time?

Not in a day, not from the same computer, so you could form home and work for example, at least I think thats right. What I'm saying is you can vote once every day from each computer you use.

Pitons
11-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Not in a day, not from the same computer, so you could form home and work for example, at least I think thats right. What I'm saying is you can vote once every day from each computer you use.

From 1 computer 1 time voting in 24 hours?

Speed
11-14-2006, 05:27 PM
From 1 computer 1 time voting in 24 hours?

Yes, exactly. :D

ajbry
11-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Actually, I just discovered a loophole. If you clear your cookies and cache and all the other web-related stuff, you can vote again. I just did it.

We could get Jack, Al, and JO all in, as a forum.

Isaac
11-14-2006, 05:31 PM
You can write in one of them, if you want.

Yeah, I wrote in Danny. I'm just going to keep voting for JO Al Granger Marquis and Jack.

rexnom
11-14-2006, 05:37 PM
No love for Al!?!?!? :)
The homer vote would be to bump LeBron for him but I decided not to since I had JO on there already as my fanboy pick.

LG33
11-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Actually, I just discovered a loophole. If you clear your cookies and cache and all the other web-related stuff, you can vote again. I just did it.

Don't you think they would overturn the decision if Jax got in?

Pitons
11-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Yes, exactly. :D

ajbry
11-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Don't you think they would overturn the decision if Jax got in?

I can imagine they would like to, but in the days of the internet and leaked information, the vote counts would be revealed and it would look pretty dishonest on behalf of the NBA.

LG33
11-14-2006, 05:44 PM

Just like Election Day!

Pitons
11-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Just like Election Day!

:laugh:

Pitons
11-14-2006, 05:48 PM

In that way I could vote maybe 2000 times a day :laugh:

LG33
11-14-2006, 05:49 PM
I can imagine they would like to, but in the days of the internet and leaked information, the vote counts would be revealed and it would look pretty dishonest on behalf of the NBA.

Ok...so how many times did you vote for the "Stephen Colbert Hid"?

LG33
11-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Wow, the video highlights are a nice addition this year...

Isaac
11-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow, the video highlights are a nice addition this year...

That's been around for a few years now.

LG33
11-14-2006, 06:06 PM
That's been around for a few years now.

Apparently I haven't...

AesopRockOn
11-14-2006, 07:36 PM
So many don't deserve to be on these lists. No offense but Mo Pete lost the starting job to Freddie.

We should vote every day for Jack and Kenyon just to screw Stern over.

Once again, either Dirk, Tim or KG is getting screwed.

LeBron and Wade are probably locks for starters; wonder if Kobe will start considering Odom's stats.

I voted for Al but realized he would matchup with Dirk and decided I was retarded.

And I love the Pacers forever, but Marquis should not be near that list.

Yao is deserving in the West but there's no real All Star center in the East; they should move JO.

rexnom
11-14-2006, 08:44 PM
I always found the reserve all-star picks to be more interesting. You can usually predict the fan vote.

West will probably be Duncan, Garnett, Yao, Tracy, and Nash. East will be AI, Wade, LeBron, JO, and Shaq.

Btw, I am least sure of JO out of all those.

8.9_seconds
11-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Personally I Think that the All-star game should be moved into the hands of the coaches and GM's and completely out of the fans hands.

Naptown_Seth
11-15-2006, 02:41 AM
At the very least they should definitely restrict it to one ballet per fan attending a game. Honestly, if your team isn't selling out much then maybe you don't really have a quality AS on the squad. And if a guy is really great but on a bad team then fans that go to games will notice him at some point.

Internet voting has been a big problem so far, totally uncontrolled and really not good at pair ballots with people that actually watch games. I know a lot of fans don't get to games very often and that fans that do go might not give a crap, but still the idea of a REPRESENTATIVE vote, ie MagicRat voting roughly the way I or other PD "fair" voters might, is good enough for me.

Better to see a voting result I thought reflected the real results of the current season than to have my chance to vote online and watch Yao lead all vote getters.

Pitons
11-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Personally I Think that the All-star game should be moved into the hands of the coaches and GM's and completely out of the fans hands.

That would be the most silly thing ever made in NBA history.

Most of the fans are watching NBA because of the teams and their players they like the most. And chance to vote for YOUR All-star starters means players with largest amount of votes will be starters and these fans who voted will be the most interested group to watch or whatever the All-star game.

Fans are watching their favorite players and paying money, not managers or coaches.
All-star game is a show primarily for the fans. That's like the most favorite players' all over the world tribute to the fans.