PDA

View Full Version : Peter May at it again: Spurs and Lakers playing to decide NBA champion

Slick Pinkham
05-02-2004, 01:59 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2004/05/02/spurs_lakers_winner_take_all/

:mad:

Hicks
05-02-2004, 01:59 PM
:soundoff:

MSA2CF
05-02-2004, 02:00 PM
:laugh:

Idiots.

:laugh:

Shade
05-02-2004, 02:07 PM
I'll go so far as to say they're playing to determine the West's Finals rep.

Roaming Gnome
05-02-2004, 02:16 PM
:deadhorse: :lurk:

Unclebuck
05-02-2004, 02:19 PM
I tend to agree that whoever wins the Lakers v Spurs series will win the championship. Those two teams have won the past 5 championships.

Natston
05-02-2004, 02:22 PM
I tend to agree that whoever wins the Lakers v Spurs series will win the championship. Those two teams have won the past 5 championships.

And do you know what the past proves? NOTHING

MSA2CF
05-02-2004, 02:25 PM

Yup.

Look at the Anaheim Angels, Arizona Diamondbacks, Chicago Cubs, and Florida Marlins of recent years...All were in relative obscurity and 3/4 won the World Series...Granted, it's a different sport, but it does prove that anything can happen & that's why they play the games.

Unclebuck
05-02-2004, 02:25 PM

I figured I would get yelled at for my comments.

If I had to bet serious money on who will win the NBA championship, I would bet on whoever win the Lakers - Spurs series.

Natston
05-02-2004, 02:28 PM

If I had to bet serious money on who will win the NBA championship, I would bet on whoever win the Lakers - Spurs series.

I would probally do the same. But it just irks me to no end with all the columnists that think that the West will win the next thirty finals (with either LA or SA winning) because of the past.

Shade
05-02-2004, 03:13 PM

If I were a betting man, I'd go in this order:

1) :lakers: (never underestimate the refs)
2) :spurs: (better team, but doesn't have the luck the Lakers do)
3) :timberwolves: (if they get that far -- watch out)
4) :pacers: (best overall team in the East -- Spurs East)
5) :pistons: (may not have enough offense, but would have a better shot than NJ)
6) :kings: (the opposite of the Pistons -- may overwhelm some teams if shooting well consistantly)
7) :nets: (blew 2 shots already and are not significantly better now, if better at all)
8) :hornets: (like Sacto, could be dangerous if consistant -- but Floyd will hold them back)
9) :heat: (if they win more than 1 game in the semifinals, I'll :puke: in disgust -- solid team, but nowhere near championship caliber)