PDA

View Full Version : SCOUTING REPORT: PACERS at CHICAGO {Pacers.com 11.11.06}

HoboRaskolnikov
11-11-2006, 11:15 AM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_061111.html

<center>CONRAD BRUNNER'S SCOUTING REPORT</center> <center> <table align="center" border="0" width="400"><tbody><tr><td align="left"><left>http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/secondary_logo.jpg</left></td> <td align="center"><b><big>PACERS at CHICAGO</big></b>
8:30 p.m. United Center
TV: FSN-Indiana, NBA TV
RADIO: WIBC-1070 AM
</td> <td align="right"><right>http://www.nba.com/media/nba/chi.gif </right></td></tr></tbody></table></center> <hr>PREVIEW

The slow start seems a distant memory. Already.

After making four of his 19 shots in the Pacers' first two games, Al Harrington has hardly missed. His 32-point effort in Friday night's 93-83 victory over Orlando was his second in the last four games. In that span, he has averaged 25.3 points on .551 shooting while taking over the team scoring lead (18.8) from Jermaine O'Neal (17.4).

"I knew my game would come to me," Harrington said. "I knew my shots would begin to drop and the fan base here has just been great to support me with this. We've got to continue to share the ball, play our game and shore up some of our weaknesses that we know we have."

That the Pacers are 4-2 heading into Chicago is encouraging because the new starting lineup has yet to fully click. Harrington has found his rhythm, Danny Granger (14.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, .571 shooting in the last three) is hitting stride and O'Neal (17.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.2 blocks) has been a consistent producer but the backcourt has been problematic and the first unit has been plagued by slow starts.

"We just have to get a good 48 minutes together," said Stephen Jackson. "We're just going to keep taking it game by game."

With the acquisitions of frontcourt stalwarts Ben Wallace and P.J. Brown and the drafting of athletic forward Tyrus Thomas, expectations are high in Chicago this season but the Bulls have been even more inconsistent than the Pacers, with four of their five games coming in blowout fashion (two wins and two losses). That includes a 113-94 loss to the Cavaliers Thursday in Cleveland.

"It's more than disturbing," Coach Scott Skiles told the Daily Herald. "I don't really have a word for it. When we're ready, we've been a very good team. When we're not ready, we're a very poor team. There are probably 20 teams that can say that."

Two of them will share the floor Saturday night, looking to find their balance.

<hr>TRENDS

The Pacers have outscored their opponents by 49 points with Darrell Armstrong on the floor and have been outscored by 42 when he's on the bench. The Pacers have outrebounded their last three opponents 146-105. Jackson is shooting just .306 overall but has 15 assists in the last three games. Sarunas Jasikevicius has shot 1-of-12 in two games since returning from lower back spasms. Tinsley has 14 assists and 12 turnovers in the last three. Chicago sharpshooter Ben Gordon has yet to find his groove, shooting just .417 overall and 3-of-15 from the 3-point line. Wallace is producing 5.2 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.4 steals, creditable numbers but well below his Detroit standards. The Bulls force 21.2 turnovers per game and average 10.2 offensive rebounds.

<hr>KEY MATCHUP

The most troublesome Bulls player for the Pacers last season was reserve Andres Nocioni, a relentless type who hustled his way to averages of 16.5 points and 9.3 rebounds in four meetings. Getting that kind of production off the bench can be a difference-maker for a team, as the Pacers have learned when they've gotten quality numbers from a variety of reserves including Darrell Armstrong, Rawle Marshall, Sarunas Jasikevicius and Marquis Daniels.

<hr>INJURIES

Pacers - F-C Jermaine O'Neal (left ankle) is day-to-day; G Orien Greene (broken little finger, left hand) is out. Bulls - F Tyrus Thomas (broken nose), G Chris Duhon) foot and G-F Thabo Sefolosha (hip) are day-to-day.

Raskolnikov
11-11-2006, 11:22 AM
After Danny last night, it's now Jack's turn to finally find his shot.

Jermaniac
11-11-2006, 11:35 AM
We stop Gordon and we are going to win this game, too bad we cant stop anyone under 6-4 and who is listed as a shooting guard.

Jack needs to get in the post and post Gordon up everytime he gets a chance, we did that to them last year and it won us the game.

Moses
11-11-2006, 03:20 PM
JO or Harrington is going to completely expose Ben Wallace tonight. Before, he could play weak-side against us and avoid guarding JO and letting Sheed handle the dirty work. Not happening now that we have Al and the fact that he no longer has Sheed. We are going to score all over them from the PF and C position tonight.

Most important thing though is to be careful with the ball and stay agressive on the rebounds. We are doing a great job rebounding the ball this year.

AesopRockOn
11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
<HR>TRENDS

The Pacers have outscored their opponents by 49 points with Darrell Armstrong on the floor and have been outscored by 42 when he's on the bench. … The Pacers have outrebounded their last three opponents 146-105. … Jackson is shooting just .306 overall but has 15 assists in the last three games. … Sarunas Jasikevicius has shot 1-of-12 in two games since returning from lower back spasms. … Tinsley has 14 assists and 12 turnovers in the last three. … Chicago sharpshooter Ben Gordon has yet to find his groove, shooting just .417 overall and 3-of-15 from the 3-point line. … Wallace is producing 5.2 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.4 steals, creditable numbers but well below his Detroit standards. … The Bulls force 21.2 turnovers per game and average 10.2 offensive rebounds.

That is just f'ing crazy.

I expect a ton of turnovers so I'm not going to be mad when it happens.

ajbry
11-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I really hope this is the game where Jack gets his shot going and puts up at least 25.

Moses
11-11-2006, 04:33 PM
I really hope this is the game where Jack gets his shot going and puts up at least 25.
More importantly, let's just win this game. Hopefully in blowout fashion.

Eindar
11-11-2006, 08:28 PM
JO or Harrington is going to completely expose Ben Wallace tonight. Before, he could play weak-side against us and avoid guarding JO and letting Sheed handle the dirty work. Not happening now that we have Al and the fact that he no longer has Sheed. We are going to score all over them from the PF and C position tonight.

Most important thing though is to be careful with the ball and stay agressive on the rebounds. We are doing a great job rebounding the ball this year.

I'm with you, but PJ Brown is no slouch defensively.