PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Stephen Jackson

Horseman872
11-11-2006, 03:05 AM
First off, I'd like to apologize for not writing anything in a looong time, but...

Many of you guys know that I find myself admiring the heart of Stephen Jackson, but completely hating his attitude, decision-making, and demeanor on the court. But tonight, I apologize, because Stephen Jackson, you have done what I thought you were incapable of doing, playing within yourself.

THANK YOU STEPHEN JACKSON! DO my eyes deceive me?! six assists in one game?! he's actually playing within the team structure! tonight he gave up a terrible mid-range jump shot on a fast-break that he would have normally done, and he alley-ooped it to Big Al. And then later on, he passed up HIS OWN 3 POINTER to assist JT on his own. I thought I'd never see the day that Jackson would give up his own 3-point shot for anything, let alone someone else's. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Pacesetter
11-11-2006, 03:44 AM
He's just tryin to do a job he was hired to do.

Pitons
11-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Go Jack! Woohoo! :)

I like his play too. His only problem is shooting but i hope it's only a temporary problem (he's shooting worse then he's capable - this season FG - 32,3 %, all career - ~ 42 %). He's worth to have a better stat in scoring.

D-BONE
11-11-2006, 07:51 AM
I am quite happy with his play in the early portion of the season. He does deserve credit/recognition for what he'd doing. At the same time, I expect it to become the rule as opposed to the exception so I need to see it maintained over time.

Anthem
11-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I can go with this.

arenn
11-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I am one the Jackson haters, but I have to give him props for his game last night. Very unselfish play for the most part.

317Kim
11-11-2006, 10:36 AM
I appreciate it a lot. Jack didn't have a good shooting night so he looked out for the other guys.

:proud:

BlueNGold
11-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Jack needs to keep playing this way, even during periods he is hitting a few shots. He can only be consistent while playing in this fashion. Less is more.

ajbry
11-11-2006, 10:51 AM
He's definitely playing excellent basketball. Manipulating the other facets of his game, even when he's off to the worst shooting start of his career. It's nice to see.

Jermaniac
11-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Excellent basketball? SMFH, He is playing good not excellent.

3rdStrike
11-11-2006, 11:34 AM
His passing has been good, his shot selection may be better, and his attitude is definately improved, but his field goal percentages are way down, and for a 6'8 SG he still can't rebound.

Pacersfan46
11-11-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm loving it, he's making good passes, putting forth effort on defense, and the shots will start to fall.

BlueNGold
11-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Excellent basketball? SMFH, He is playing good not excellent.

Yes, not excellent. If he were playing excellent, he would be hitting his shots too.

However, I have no complaint with how he is playing now. He is defending well, sharing the ball, doing the little things and not complaining to the refs. All positives that have lacked at times in his game. I like it. He is playing within his abilities and if he keeps doing it, he will have some better games going forward.

pizza guy
11-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Yes, not excellent. If he were playing excellent, he would be hitting his shots too.

However, I have no complaint with how he is playing now. He is defending well, sharing the ball, doing the little things and not complaining to the refs. All positives that have lacked at times in his game. I like it. He is playing within his abilities and if he keeps doing it, he will have some better games going forward.

First of all, I must say that I have been very happy with Jack so far. His shot will come, and if he keeps up the rest of his game, he'll be a very good player on this team. His attitude has been MUCH better as well.

On that note, I was at the game last night with my girl. She's not a big basketball person, but enjoys going to the games anyways. I thought it was funny that she pointed out Jack's complaining to the refs and called him a "crybaby," after his marked improvement in that area. She was refering to Jack putting his hand up in innocence and looking stunned after every call. I found myself agreeing with them both, though, because I felt the call was iffy at best and even an improved Jack still complains...

Overall, though, I am very happy with the way Jack has played thus far.

(of course, if he plays well enough, we can trade him by the deadline ;) )

rexnom
11-11-2006, 01:58 PM
If Jack's shot was rolling...wow...

Naptown_Seth
11-11-2006, 04:10 PM
If Jack's shot was rolling...wow...
I agree. But he's playing a lot smarter. IMO there are 2 reasons his game is up and down. First, he's a streaky shooter, period. Nothing to do about that it would seem except practice. Probably not going to change much at this point, he'll likely always be a very hot or cold shooter.

Secondly his choices have killed him. The talent is there to make plays and when he's got the game in focus and is working within the team plan he really tears it up. But when he loses focus, starts pressing, tries to take over, starts forcing 3's over and over, that's when you see some really poor play from him.

I think its most frustrating out of Jack because you see what he can do when he's on track. He made some pretty smart passes last night, not just good ones. I pointed out in another thread that the Pacers left at least 2 more assists on the rim after they blew layups on transition plays (Armstrong and Harrington).

But sooner or later the team is going to need his shot to come around because they are lacking deep shooters and are seeing teams dropping off them a lot. You can't force it because misses don't change a defenses mind about playing it that way.

I still love the Jack/JO give and go, Jack on the low post, and Jack facing up on the baseline for the drive.

He and Daniels have both been playing great "empty stats" ball so far. And really what we've seen is that on any given night the Pacers will get 2-3 guys going and they will be different guys each time. That's fine with me, Al struggled in wins and then went off in some wins. Granger, JO, Sarunas...they've all had good and bad nights so far.

That's why it's a team sport. It's nice to see Jack doing so much better at being a part of it.