PDA

View Full Version : Another Bored--If You Could See One Game....

Southside_Pacer
05-02-2004, 02:57 AM
If you could see one sporting event, in any situation you'd want to see, what would it be, where would it be, and who would win?

I'd pick Game 7 of the World Series between the Cubs and Yankees at Wrigley Field with the Cubs winning behind a complete game from Mark Prior. :dance:

Jose Slaughter
05-02-2004, 03:20 AM
Game 7 at the Fieldhouse.

Pacers vs. Lakers

Reggie's 3 is in the air when the horn sounds & hits nothing but the bottom of the net an instant later.

Pacers win by 1. :pepper:

Stryder
05-02-2004, 04:13 AM
University of Michigan Wolverines vs. USC in the Rose Bowl.

UMich gets pinned down on their own 1 yard line with 1:30 to go in the game and down by 6 points.

UMich drives the length of the field and scores a TD on a running back sweep to the right.

Extra point is good.

My Wolverines win the Rose Bowl.

Doug
05-02-2004, 10:18 AM

Pacers vs. Lakers

Reggie's 3 is in the air when the horn sounds & hits nothing but the bottom of the net an instant later.

Seconded.

Peck
05-02-2004, 10:29 AM

Pacers vs. Lakers

Thirded

Unclebuck
05-02-2004, 10:57 AM
I am shocked anyone would pick anything but a Pacer game. Obviosuly I won't.

ROCislandWarrior
05-02-2004, 11:14 AM

Pacers vs. Lakers

Fourthed

Jose that is perfect

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Snickers
05-02-2004, 11:54 AM

Pacers vs. Lakers

Fifthed. :yes:

Hicks
05-02-2004, 12:29 PM
I'd say Jose's, but frankly I'd die of a heart attack watching a series like that one go not only 7 games, but come down to US being DOWN BY 2, and having to depend on a buzzer beater for everything. I'd have a nervous breakdown before they got that far.

Southside_Pacer
05-02-2004, 01:36 PM

You don't tend to like any other sports or teams. ;)

Natston
05-02-2004, 01:39 PM

I don't blame him. It's nerve racking enough to root for one team, let alone 2 or 3. :P

Shade
05-02-2004, 01:58 PM

Pacers vs. Lakers

Yeah, that's it right there. :thumbup:

Hicks
05-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Mine would be Game 4 of the Finals, Reggie has the ball, the shot clock is turned off, and he's dribbling the clock out as we sweep the Lakers 4-0. :devil:

BillS
05-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Mine would be Game 4 of the Finals, Reggie has the ball, the shot clock is turned off, and he's dribbling the clock out as we sweep the Lakers 4-0. :devil:

Yes, my HMO recommends this scenario.

MSA2CF
05-02-2004, 02:04 PM
To be different:

Game 1 of the World Series
Red Sox/Cubs
Wrigley Field
Kerry Wood pitching
Strikes out 27 batters...
...but still loses!
:laugh:

Natston
05-02-2004, 02:12 PM
A preseason game between the Bengals and Colts. The Colts are down 20-14 with just over two minutes. Jim Sorgi leads the team down the field in convincing fashion eventhough they had no timeouts. He gets the ball down to the 1 yard line with just 4 seconds left. In a gutsy play call, Moore sends in a running play designed for Ran Carthon. Behind two crushing blocks thrown by Makoa Freitas and Jake Scott, Carthon crosses the goal line as time expires. David Kimball chips in the PAT to win the game. All 14,000 fans at the RCA Dome cheer like they won the Super Bowl. :unimpressed:

Seriously, a thrilling Super Bowl win by the Colts or a Finals clinching win by the Pacers.

Unclebuck
05-02-2004, 02:23 PM

I don't blame him. It's nerve racking enough to root for one team, let alone 2 or 3. :P

That is exactly right. I have sampled the other sports and other teams, and I have made my choice.

Natston
05-02-2004, 02:25 PM

That is exactly right. I have sampled the other sports and other teams, and I have made my choice. :king:

Kegboy
05-02-2004, 07:49 PM

Pacers vs. Lakers

Yep, with a couple more details. He shoots it with Kobe glued to him, and once the ball leaves his hand, Reggie turns his back to the rim and walks away with his arm raised. It hits, the crowd erupts, and the team gang tackles him at center court.

Millerartest
05-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Pacers down three with time running out, Game 7 against Lakers, Reggie gives a pump fake, Shaq and Kobe soar in the air, they both foul out of the game hitting Reggie as he makes the three.

At the free throw line, the ball inexplicably bobbles around the rim, Reggie runs around Payton then skies over Malone to dunk his own miss.

diego
05-03-2004, 10:05 AM
1. Colts in superbowl versus anyone and winning

2. Pacers in clinching game of finals... again against anyone

3. Following the leaders at the final round of the Masters

ChicagoJ
05-03-2004, 04:05 PM
A slightly different variation:

Pacers/ Knicks. ECF: Game #7. In the Garden.

:meditate: