PDA

View Full Version : Naysayers thread

aceace
11-11-2006, 12:31 AM
This for all those people that griped about the AJ trade, that Runi should be cut, that bringing back Al wasn't that important, that keeping Rawle over White was stupid......

you must suspend yourself for one game and pay $5 to your favorite charity.

sweabs
11-11-2006, 12:43 AM
A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund.

Trader Joe
11-11-2006, 12:52 AM
This for all those people that griped about the AJ trade, that Runi should be cut, that bringing back Al wasn't that important, that keeping Rawle over White was stupid......

You're innocent in ALL of these? Man you should probably GM the team then.

I griped about Runi and the White decision, but not about keeping Rawle. More about keeping RUni or Baston over White.

I paid 5 bucks to the Foundation to Find Better Looking Strippers for Bloomington.

Anthem
11-11-2006, 10:18 AM
I said I'd rather have Flight than Baston, and nothing so far has made me think I might be wrong.

Speed
11-11-2006, 10:50 AM
If people are wrong they should be excited because that means it's worked out for the Pacers. Most people who said those things would probably have said "I hope I'm wrong, but...."

Secondly, it is awfully early for an "I told you so" kinda thread, imo. You think Hawks fans are getting ready for the finals or the Suns and Mavs are trying to trade Nash and Dirk so they can start from scratch?

Unclebuck
11-11-2006, 11:02 AM

Griped about the AJ trade - guilty
Runi should be cut - yes I did, but the verdict isn't in yet
Bringing Al back wasn't that important - I'm Innocent
Keeping Rawle over White - I'm innocent

So do I owe $1.25

aceace
11-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Griped about the AJ trade - guilty
Runi should be cut - yes I did, but the verdict isn't in yet
Bringing Al back wasn't that important - I'm Innocent
Keeping Rawle over White - I'm innocent

So do I owe $1.25Nah... your 50/50. Thats acceptable. I was being sarcastic when I started this thread. While true that I didn't object to any of the management decisions, I had some wait and see reservations. I'm surprised that Marshall, Powell and Armstrong have worked out so well. Runi has been a key factor in our 4-2 start, but I never thought we should cut him. I have always been on the bring back AL bandwagon. Marshall over White was a "we had to cut someone" decision and he has impressed so far. I actually thought White would be some help this year when he was drafted. So while not totally innocent... I thought the decisions made at the time were the correct ones. Buck, you have to admit that our new style of offense has fit Runi well. It allows him to do what he's best at. I didn't realize I would ruffle so many feathers, just having a little fun with my fellow Pacer diehards.

BlueNGold
11-11-2006, 12:05 PM
I thought the AJ trade was a mistake. Greene, Powell and Marshall have changed all of that...and Armstrong has been good too. Guilty. $1.25

Saras should still be cut IMO. There is yet to be a basis for me to pay a dime here. $0

I generally backed bringing back Al. $0

I was glad we cut White instead of Marshall. However, I am psyched big time about Marshall. I should be paid back a couple bucks for singing his praises...once I got a chance to see him. -$2

I want my 75 cents.

Evan_The_Dude
11-11-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm not guilty on all accounts!

Pitons
11-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Me too :)

Mr.ThunderMakeR
11-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Can we please have no more '1-game threads'? i.e. the threads that pop up after a win stating we are championship bound, or the ones that come after a loss saying this team needs to be blown up. Seriously its not even 10 games into the season, quit making snap judgements.

Pacesetter
11-11-2006, 01:09 PM

:D

Kegboy
11-11-2006, 03:28 PM
It should be rememberd that we could have signed Armstrong on our own for the same money without doing an S&T. So in effect we traded our starting PG for the 11th and 12th men on our team. That's better than trading him for the 15th and 16th men on our team, like we thought at the time, but it's still not equal value.

Moses
11-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Can we please have no more '1-game threads'? i.e. the threads that pop up after a win stating we are championship bound, or the ones that come after a loss saying this team needs to be blown up. Seriously its not even 10 games into the season, quit making snap judgements.
Come on man, everyone knows the first 5 games of the season are the most important!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Los Angeles
11-11-2006, 03:56 PM
We're 4-2. Talk to me when we are 40-20 or AT LEAST after we play a legit contender even once.

Naptown_Seth
11-11-2006, 03:59 PM
I said I'd rather have Flight than Baston, and nothing so far has made me think I might be wrong.
I was hardline about this, and not only has nothing proven us wrong, the move to get Powell and Rawle on the bench and Baston in a suit suggests that keeping him as the 2nd oldest player on the roster when a promising rookie could have filled that role just as well is a HUGE mistake.

They are paying Baston to not play right now. How is that different from if they cut him? Even Powell can't find PT at the bigs and he is bigger and more talented than Baston.

I always wanted Al, I always wanted them to keep Rawle (over Baston), I was very happy with the DA/AJ trade and more so once I saw Josh and Rawle suit up, and honestly Runi deserved the doubts. He was playing awful and was coming off a season he ended with 3 similarly awful months.

Kegboy - the AJ/DA trade led to the TE that they used on Edwards, so no they couldn't just sign DA and end up the same. Not to mention that if they hadn't moved salary and just added it they'd be in worse shape with the lux tax.

We're 4-2. Talk to me when we are 40-20 or AT LEAST after we play a legit contender even once.
I agree with this. In fact I jumped on to start a thread about it.

Pacesetter
11-11-2006, 08:11 PM

Sounds like another fairweather fan to me .... :D (JK)

3rdStrike
11-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Sarunas Jasikevicius: .308 FG % .278 3PT % 1.8 assists 1.2 turnovers

How about you pay?

Robertmto
11-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Sarunas Jasikevicius: .308 FG % .278 3PT % 1.8 assists 1.2 turnovers

How about you pay?

He's a point guard yet he can't even amass a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio. Hell it's barely 1:1.

The guy isn't NBA Caliber.

Pitons
11-12-2006, 02:24 PM
He's a point guard yet he can't even amass a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio. Hell it's barely 1:1.

The guy isn't NBA Caliber.

The only good thing about him is his +/- ratio - 4th in team. Nothing more. After that back problem he's the MIGHTY MINUS to the team.

Robertmto
11-12-2006, 11:24 PM
The only good thing about him is his +/- ratio - 4th in team. Nothing more. After that back problem he's the MIGHTY MINUS to the team.

+/- is a useless stat. Show me TO:A ratio for a PG. And PPG.

Slick Pinkham
11-12-2006, 11:59 PM
I wanted Sarunas cut but none of those other things.

I haven't seen enough consistent performance from Sarunas to think I was wrong.

What are the odds that Flight will be a better player in 3 years? I keep the young guy even if it means winning a game or two less this year in a near-0.500 season anyway

Pitons
11-13-2006, 06:54 AM

Yes, his To:A is only 1,54, but as I know (I didn't see the games) he didn't play in PG position all the time.

He scores 8,5 points in 15,5 min. That's acceptable for the backup.

But his shooting - OMG that's horrible. As we all know his defence abilities, he should contribute more in other areas. His shooting from 2 points is 33,3 % and 27,8 % from 3p (30,8 % from FG). I think that's just horrible. 1 FG from 16 in last 3 games. Very nice 6,25 %.

And who think that Saras is a God in Lith - You are wrong. He was not God even past year. Many think that he's not capable to play in NBA and don't have much of support at all. Mostly because he isn't playing for Lith from 2004 years.

DisplacedKnick
11-13-2006, 06:54 AM
A " na-na-na-na-na" thread after 6 games?

That's just sad.

Beowulfas
11-13-2006, 07:13 AM

Hahaha.
If not him, Pacers would be now 2-5.
Jasikevicius' impact in two away victories was HUGE.

Pitons
11-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Hahaha.
If not him, Pacers would be now 2-5.
Jasikevicius' impact in two away victories was HUGE.

Yes, in 2 of three first games he was a factor. But what about his last 3 games? What about his shooting?

I know you are his fan and i would like to see him playing very good each time as maybe most of Pacers fans, but truth is truth - he played bad in last 3 games. And overall his shooting percentage is awful. At least admit that as I do.

Pitons
11-13-2006, 09:28 AM
But if say true, I don't see very much of impact from our No 1 PG Tinsley. A/To ratio 2, 36,4 % FG, only 8 points per game. His FT percentage always was only 70 - 75 %. Should be better as for his position.

Beowulfas
11-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Yes, in 2 of three first games he was a factor. But what about his last 3 games? What about his shooting?

I know you are his fan and i would like to see him playing very good each time as maybe most of Pacers fans, but truth is truth - he played bad in last 3 games. And overall his shooting percentage is awful. At least admit that as I do.

He looked awfull in Chicago game. He got his fair share of -20 +/- or something. He still is above zero and 4th in the team in this category
And looking at Tinsley's +/- I think something is wrong with the balance of critisism/praise regarding those two.

Looking at the game vs Bulls, Daniels is clearly the worst player to me.
I hear a lot of talking about how poor Saras handling is, and I saw a player, who twice made a double dribble beeing even not under the pressure.
Just wow. If Saras is healthy 100% and his minutes are given to Daniels, it's crazy.

Pitons
11-13-2006, 11:57 AM
He looked awfull in Chicago game. He got his fair share of -20 +/- or something. He still is above zero and 4th in the team in this category
And looking at Tinsley's +/- I think something is wrong with the balance of critisism/praise regarding those two.

Looking at the game vs Bulls, Daniels is clearly the worst player to me.
I hear a lot of talking about how poor Saras handling is, and I saw a player, who twice made a double dribble beeing even not under the pressure.
Just wow. If Saras is healthy 100% and his minutes are given to Daniels, it's crazy.

Looking at Daniels stats, he's one of the worst players. 36,6 % FG, 16,7 % 3p, FT 75 %, 2,6 reb, 1,7 A, 1,7 To and only 5,7 points and he plays 20,1 minutes average.

And yes Tinsley is overrated imo. He is just an average PG in the NBA, nothing more. His A/To ratio always was about 2, his shooting never was good, his FT always was 70 - 75 % and he scores few points. Nothing special.

Anthem
11-13-2006, 12:25 PM
I was satisfied with the offense while Daniels ran the point.

I still want to see the Jack Daniels backcourt. :toomuch:

Alabama-Redneck
11-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I'M INNOCENT I TELL YOU !!! :scream: You can't prove a thing :shakehead

That is my story and I am sticking to it but you can send all your fines to my favorite charity "Pay for Alabama-Redneck's Honeymoon to Jamica":blush:. Please hurry as I am leaving this Sunday. :D

:cool:

Robertmto
11-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Yes, his To:A is only 1,54, but as I know (I didn't see the games) he didn't play in PG position all the time.

He scores 8,5 points in 15,5 min. That's acceptable for the backup.

He's a PG who doesn;t handle the ball because he can't.

And his PPG this year is blown up from one good game.

Pitons
11-15-2006, 01:33 PM
He's a PG who doesn;t handle the ball because he can't.

He never was good at this aspect of the game. I have seen him many times trying to push too active defender with a hand in Europe. Sometimes he had had offensive fouls for that.

And his PPG this year is blown up from one good game.

2 good games from 6.

Naptown_Seth
11-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I just want to say that I strongly disagree with this. There are a lot of factors that do make it a TRICKY stat, but over a period of several games it does tend to reflect which players are sparking the team or are factors in winning.

It takes into account defensive play, non-statistical plays (like offensive spacing, blocking out for someone else to get a rebound, etc), or even the TYPES of FG you are missing - one with no one back to rebound. Heck, a TO is a TO by stats, but +/- will show a difference between losing your dribble in the backcourt for a layup vs setting a moving pick on offense that doesn't hand over automatic points.

It's true that matchups are a factor, a starter faces tougher players and a bench guy with a good +/- in garbage time might end up with a dreadful +/- as a starter. However this is true for all stats. Rebounds and points vs the bench or in garbage time are just as "meaningless".

Sarunas is the perfect case actually. His +/- soared last year in the first 2 months when he was looking very good. When he started to slump badly his +/- took a long, hard dive, dropping something like 50-60 points IIRC.

Robertmto
11-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Does +/- show his numerous passes that make no ****ing sense?

Pitons
11-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Does +/- show his numerous passes that make no ****ing sense?

Probably, because if he usually passes ****, all team's game should struggle more, more chances for team not to score and to loose the ball to opponents.