PDA

View Full Version : Section 222

MagicRat
01-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Section 222 won the Bank One loudest section contest tonight. Made me think of Jay, and it brought a tear to my eye knowing he wasn't there to win. :cry:

As an aside, the guys that run the fan cam are some sort of psychics. I can't figure out how else they could know which section to be in before that section wins the contest. :whoknows:

Hicks
01-24-2004, 10:41 AM
As an aside, the guys that run the fan cam are some sort of psychics. I can't figure out how else they could know which section to be in before that section wins the contest. :whoknows:

Are you serious?

I always thought it was staged to get the crowd going. I doubt they have over 226 individual decibel readers in the fieldhouse :laugh: The camera thing confirms my suspicions to me.

MagicRat
01-24-2004, 11:32 AM

Are you serious?

I always thought it was staged to get the crowd going. I doubt they have over 226 individual decibel readers in the fieldhouse :laugh: The camera thing confirms my suspicions to me.

I don't really think they're psychics. They couldn't afford to hire real psychics to run the fan cam. :P

I didn't want to spoil it for the kids, but find the fan cam and you've found the loudest section....

And as a previous winner of the loudest section contest, I can tell Jay that he missed out on some delicious free french fries from McDonald's.

MMMMMMMMMM French fries. :drooling:

ChicagoJ
01-25-2004, 02:13 AM
It's all good... Dr. Atkins wouldn't let me eat the french fries anyway...

Was there even anyone over there? Since I moved out of town, a lot of the regulars upgraded or reached the point that their kids were old enough that they couldn't go to many games. We all moved over from Aisle 20 together, and I miss the old gang... :cry:

By the way, the person that is going to win the ATA race usually knows at the beginning of the game when they get to thier seat and read a memo telling them to stay at their seat for the first timeout of the second quarter.

I'll be up there on 2/8. We may not win the contest but I guarantee it will be louder!!

grace
01-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Its not so great now to be the loudest section since Bank One sponsors it now. I wasn't there when my section won, but my brother said they give you a card and you have to take it to a Bank One branch to find out if you won anything. In other words they hit you up to take out a loan or something and probably don't even give you a mint. :(

As for the ATA thing they didn't used to put anything on your seat. Trust me, I would have seen it 3 years ago when the woman sitting in front of me won. Trouble was she and her husband hadn't shown up for the game. The ATA rep even came looking for them. Too bad, they were season ticket holders and it was probably the first game they missed that year. I didn't have the heart to tell her when they showed up for the next game.

MagicRat
01-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Was there even anyone over there?

Well, it's a horribly rotten picture, but you get the idea.....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/jay.jpg

ChicagoJ
01-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Hey! There's somebody in my seat!!

Too bad the picture wasn't a little clearer - I think that my friend that I now split my account with actually took a date - I keep trying to tell him to work a little less (like I can talk :rolleyes: ?).

MagicRat
01-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Too bad the picture wasn't a little clearer

Sorry, sir. I'll try to do better next time. :blush:

Section 222 must have some sort of photo curse. I tried to take a few and they were all awful.

Nice lyric, btw. :thumbsup:

MSA2CF
01-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Jay, this is probably a stupid question, but you've changed your username...Does this mean that you're in Section 204, not section 222 now?

edit: Yeah, yeah. I know I could've PM'ed him. Too late now. (And yes, I know there's a 'delete message' option.) :usa:

FiestyFosterFanatic
01-01-2005, 01:46 PM
I always wondered why they were up their early. And has anyone else noticed that the lower level never wins anything? Especially during the plane thing.

Bball
01-01-2005, 02:35 PM
I have seats in sec 222 sometimes...

Hmmmm

-Bball

JOneal7
01-01-2005, 03:44 PM
are you serious!? so we scream for nothing on the ATA plane race? Darn :(...I wonder why they don't fly to detroit! haha
I want ashley bidwell to come to my seat and play a game with me :(

Hicks
01-01-2005, 04:29 PM
I want ashley bidwell to come to my seat and play a game with me :(
I kinda laughed to myself a little whenever I saw you swooning over her before, but I finally attended a game the other week (the Philly game). I now share your feelings for her. :laugh:

Hicks
01-01-2005, 04:45 PM
who is this ashley bidwell?
A very hot lady who is involved with a lot of Conseco's "events" during timeouts and such. Talks on a mic to the crowd for various things like contests during TOs, etc.

FiestyFosterFanatic
01-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Why do they always say "Tonight's mc, Ashley Bidwell"? Is it really a suprise? She has happened to be the mc at everygame I have attended this year (4), so I am assuming she is always the mc...

Bball
01-01-2005, 05:30 PM
She's a Ball State student, Hicks.

-BBall

Hicks
01-01-2005, 05:45 PM
She's a Ball State student, Hicks.

-BBall
Seriously? Hmm, I may have to spend more time on campus this Spring. :eyebrow: :pimp:

:laugh: :D

Roaming Gnome
01-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Why do they always say "Tonight's mc, Ashley Bidwell"? Is it really a suprise? She has happened to be the mc at everygame I have attended this year (4), so I am assuming she is always the mc...

Actually she splits time with Fox 59's Sara Snow for being the nights emcee!

Kegboy
01-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Actually she splits time with Fox 59's Sara Snow for being the nights emcee!
Yes, Sara Snow is JO7's "wife", and Ashley is his "other wife". :sarcasm:

Will Galen
01-01-2005, 09:50 PM
who is this ashley bidwell?

Yeah, someone take a picture of her so we out of towners can make our own judgement.

MSA2CF
01-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Seriously? Hmm, I may have to spend more time on campus this Spring. :eyebrow: :pimp:

:laugh: :D
Hicks, you can e-mail her on the Ball State student directory...

Bball
01-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Hicks, you can e-mail her on the Ball State student directory...

As a Pacers Digest head honcho he could probably get contact info any time he wanted. :D

Ya know... DJ Pauly B posts here... why not the MC too? :idea:

-Bball

Hicks
01-01-2005, 10:30 PM
I've thought about emailing her about this site, but I don't think I will.

Kegboy
01-02-2005, 03:32 AM
I've thought about emailing her about this site, but I don't think I will.
Make sure to send her a link to DSP, too. :sarcasm:

ChicagoJ
01-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Jay, this is probably a stupid question, but you've changed your username...Does this mean that you're in Section 204, not section 222 now?

edit: Yeah, yeah. I know I could've PM'ed him. Too late now. (And yes, I know there's a 'delete message' option.) :usa:
Wow. Someone was digging through the archives. :o

Yeah, I moved over to Section 204 this season.

JOneal7
01-03-2005, 12:30 PM
ha, don't make fun of my wife now! Yeah someone get a pic of her at the next game or so? I think someone should e-mail her about the site tho. She is a big pacer fan from what I know. I remember seeing her over by JO getting an autograph..she said something like "I'm playing the fan for now" ha...
man is she fine...