PDA

View Full Version : Magic post game thread

Unclebuck
11-10-2006, 10:59 PM
I figured someone else would have started this by now.

Let me just start with a few quick points. Needless to say the Pcers played a very good second half, but I thought the first half was very lackluster, the P's seemed uninterested to me.

Edit: OK, let me add a few things. Most will talk about Al or maybe Granger after their excellent performances, but I want to start with two bench players.

Daniels - Yes I know he was benched after an errant pass midway through the 4th quarter, but I thought tonight he really did a good job creating offense for his teammates. If you notice the Pacers run a ton of pick and rolls with Marquis, and while the Pacers might not score off of the pick and roll directly, it does create movement and sets up a scoring opportunity. I liked what I saw from Marquis in the second half.

Foster - Not sure how many will pick up on what Jeff did tonight. His stat line is impressive, but that is just numbers, the more important point is when do you make key plays. Jeff made three strraight key defensive plays late in the 3rd when the Pacers basicvally won the game. He blocked two shots and came up with a steal and all three lead to Pacers baskets. Overall he finished with 3 steals and 2 blocks.

I just love to watch Jeff play defense. He is a difference maker on the defensive end with both his help defense and his one-on-one defense. His help defense is better than ever, and his quick hands and feet really serve him well.

D-BONE
11-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I figured someone else would have started this by now.

Let me just start with a few quick points. Needless to say the Pcers played a very good second half, but I thought the first half was very lackluster, the P's seemed uninterested to me.

I agree about the first half. Actually, I'll give the bench credit for getting us back within striking distance by half though when they brought us back from 10 or so down. Well, does anyone remember what composition of bench was in with that group? Perhaps a mix. Marquis and Foster I think for sure.

Anyway, good to see Granger get his shot rolling. He had a great rip of Grant Hill that he sent to Jack for a nice alley oop to Al when we really started to fire on all cylinders for a time in the third. And I'd also say good game for JO with double digit rebounds despite being off in the second half. Lot of contributions all around.

Jermaniac
11-10-2006, 11:15 PM
4-1 with Jermaine O'Neal. JO >>> . Ask me about it.

Unclebuck
11-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Rick in his post game press conference said that Tinsley wasn't feeling well tonight. That is the only comment I'm going to make on that issue.

Jackson once again shot the ball horribly, and yet I thought every other aspect of his game was good. He made a couple of really nice passes and his defense once again was good.

Another sellout tonight, I wonder how much of that is the $4.00 tickets. As I said the other day I know they are selling the $35.00, $25.00 and $10.00 tickets for $4.00. Chris tonight said that next Fridays game is almost sold out.

MagicRat
11-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Rick in his post game press conference said that Tinsley wasn't feeling well tonight.

Hopefully he doesn't have whatever is going around my house. I've had to clean up kid vomit for 7 straight days........:woot:

BlueNGold
11-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Al shot the ball great. He is much, much better than when he went to Atlanta.

...but Foster was also key. It seems like Jeff had a lot of energy tonight. His minutes are down this year coming off the bench...so maybe that's it. He is getting a rebound every couple minutes or so. Only 17 minutes tonight and 8 boards. Amazing! He is great coming off the bench or on an as needed basis.

317Kim
11-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Ah the third quarter was "smashing".

Al had another huge game. 32 points for number 32. Last time against the Knicks he had 32 off of 14/24 shooting, tonight it was 13/23. Danny Gee :pimp: 18 points and 7 boards. Nice all around game. Jeff had 3 blocks!

:woot2:

4-2

Edit- Also, congrats to Rick for getting his 250th win in the NBA and 150th here with us, JO's 1,000th offensive rebound, and Tins' 2,000th assist.

Frank Slade
11-10-2006, 11:50 PM
I loved what I saw out there as far the players being on the same wavelength.

The chemistry has been kicked up a notch, one of the better efforts from this team in while. I was elated to see the extra pass being made time and again , especially Jackson, instead of forcing a bad shot.

This team is a certainly a different animal when it's able to get out ahead of the defense. I hope we can come back with the same concerted effort tomorrow.

D-BONE
11-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Jackson once again shot the ball horribly, and yet I thought every other aspect of his game was good. He made a couple of really nice passes and his defense once again was good.

Horribly is definitely a good descripor. The encouraging thing for me is that the shots he missed were acceptable shots for the most part. There were very few, perhaps one or two, where I was cringing b/c it seemed like a quick trigger. For him, that's a positive in itself.

BlueNGold
11-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Horribly is definitely a good descripor. The encouraging thing for me is that the shots he missed were acceptable shots for the most part. There were very few, perhaps one or two, where I was cringing b/c it seemed like a quick trigger. For him, that's a positive in itself.

Jack should have a 3pt attempt quota placed on him. He should be yanked for the quarter if he misses more than one 3pt shot in a row.

That way, he would drive to the bucket more often and be much, much more effective.

Bball
11-11-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm still not thrilled with Tinsley's inconsistency and lack of direction/leadership from the PG spot.

It also seems to me he never just makes a pass to initiate the offense early enough... there's only an early pass if he has a sure dime.

Maybe it's the 'hate' in my heart (I'm saving Dat Dude the trouble of mentioning that ;) ). I'll grant the Tinsley fans he has his moments. And he has the capability to be a very good PG. But he needs to find some consistency on both sides of the court. I'd start Darrell Armstrong myself... tho I like him off the bench for that shot of energy. But maybe we could use that shot of energy to start the game?

What happens when Orien Greene comes back?

JO is better for the Pacers when the world doesn't revolve around him. He's not a power player. He's not Shaquille O Neal. He's not a one man wrecking crew. ...And he's not God.... tho he makes more money than God. ;)

But he is a fine player and he has to be accounted for. Harrington is a benefactor of that. I wonder what happens once teams scout us better and gameplan for us more, how much that balance will shift? The thing is, Al's more aggressive in the first place.

Who is the 'go to' guy now?

I agree with UB's analysis of Sjax.

I'm only lukewarm on Daniels so far.

I don't even know why anyone is complaining about Granger this early in the season.... tho that seems to be dying down.

I thought Sarunas could shoot? Is this a slump, new ball, failing/aging legs, psych out, or what?

-Bball

Alpolloloco
11-11-2006, 12:58 AM
I agree with all you said BBall.

Oh, and Jasik's shooting might still be effected a little by his back. His hot shooting will come back soon.

Trader Joe
11-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Sorry my post game report was delayed. I was at the game and then got distracted at home.

First half was well it was ok our d could have been better and we could have taken care of the ball, but Al and Danny were dominant so we survived.

No bad tonight cause I'm being kind some players could have probably fallen in here.

THE OK
Tins had a rough night offensively and defensively, but he did get 6 rebounds and I'll take that tonight. Like I said I am being kind. Tins probably could have had the bad category, but he didn't really hurt us either so no harm done.

Runi struggled tonight too. 1/5 of shooting and some sketchy D, but he made some FTs and actually ran the offense decently IMO so again no harm no foul on Runi tonight. He does need to get a little more consistent with his jumper tho. (Please?)

Quis is still not really impressive to me. Hopefully he is just still getting into the flow. His defense is what saves him from really catching scorn from me. At times he looks very lost offensively and then at times he makes a nice place. We just need it consistently.

THE GOOD

Jack's shooting looks awful, but his passing is just spectacular. I mean really he was the best passer on the court tonight and he tightened up his D significantly in the second half and plus the effort is there and he didn't ***** at the refs. So as usual Jack has yet to get really hot and be spectacular for a game or two, but he is keeping me happy.

JO STRUGGLED offensively 4/15. Hit some open shots early on then got in foul trouble and then never got back into the flow. However he altered shots and played good D and pulled down 11 rebounds. Not to mention his presence obviously just makes everyone better in terms of confidence.

DA was pretty good tonight. Not his best performance, but he got in Arroyo's head (which granted doesn't appear to be that hard to me) and really hustled his kiester off as usual. No complaints.

THE GREAT

Feisty was very good tonight 8 boards, 3 blocks and just an all around solid Feisty performance. If he could bring stuff like that every night I'd be thrilled.

THE FANTASTIC

Granger finally did what I had been hoping he would do, be aggresive. Don't shy from the spotlight and don't be afraid to step confidently into an open shot. He did that tonight in a big way and was HUGE for us. If he were to play like that every night we would have by far and away the best 3,4,5 combo in the NBA PERIOD. It wouldn't even be a debate IMO. His D on Hill was very good, he crashed the boards, and was aggresive on offense. Tonight he established his identity which was something my dad and I were talking about before the game. That he just didn't seem to have an offensive identity. He found it tonight now he needs to keep it.

How bout that Al Harrington? The fact we got this guy for a trade exception and a lotto protected first boggles the mind. He is sooooo much better than his six man days. Better jump shot, better effort wise, and he appreciates every possesion and win from his struggles on the Hawks. 32 and 8 tonight and made it look effortless at times on offense. Really any night where he starts out with a guy like Tony Battie guarding him I expect him to have a HUGE night, its just a total mismatch in every way.

EVERBODY ELSE
didn't play enough for me to give an opinion tonight.

SOME THOUGHTS ON THE MAGIC

Man, do I dislike Carlos Arroyo and his game. He played the Magic out of 5-7 possesions on offense tonight by getting into some pissing match with DA, unfortunately for him DA wasn't reciprocating and while he was busy bogging down the Magic offense with pointless fancy dribbling our offense was running as smooth as it did all game. Really he just has a horrible bball IQ IMO and on top of that I think he is just a shoot first PG who is going to have big night every once and a while, but more than likely he isn't going to help that much, and if he is like this all season when he has a quick PG getting on him in the backcourt, then God help the Magic fans that have to watch him run that offense. Sorry about the random Arroyo rant, but he is easily one of my top 5 least favorite players.

D12 is pretty much an athletic beast. Just an awesome athlete to watch. I enjoy watching him play.

The crowd was very good tonight too. Fun game to be at.

As always,

GO PACERS!!!!

Jermaniac
11-11-2006, 02:17 AM
I'm still not thrilled with Tinsley's inconsistency and lack of direction/leadership from the PG spot.

It also seems to me he never just makes a pass to initiate the offense early enough... there's only an early pass if he has a sure dime.

Maybe it's the 'hate' in my heart (I'm saving Dat Dude the trouble of mentioning that ;) ). I'll grant the Tinsley fans he has his moments. And he has the capability to be a very good PG. But he needs to find some consistency on both sides of the court. I'd start Darrell Armstrong myself... tho I like him off the bench for that shot of energy. But maybe we could use that shot of energy to start the game?

JO is better for the Pacers when the world doesn't revolve around him. He's not a power player. He's not Shaquille O Neal. He's not a one man wrecking crew. ...And he's not God.... tho he makes more money than God. ;)

But he is a fine player and he has to be accounted for. Harrington is a benefactor of that. I wonder what happens once teams scout us better and gameplan for us more, how much that balance will shift? The thing is, Al's more aggressive in the first place.

Who is the 'go to' guy now?

I agree with UB's analysis of Sjax.

I'm only lukewarm on Daniels so far.

I don't even know why anyone is complaining about Granger this early in the season.... tho that seems to be dying down.

I thought Sarunas could shoot? Is this a slump, new ball, failing/aging legs, psych out, or what?

-Bball

Damn you are so mad that the team is winning with Jermaine. It hurts your pride so bad, you want to cry dont you?

<------------------------------------GOD

ajbry
11-11-2006, 02:27 AM
All I know is that it's a good sign when this team can win against solid teams when JO and Jack struggle with their shots. That's definitely a real positive thing to take from games like this. Props to Al and Danny, specifically, for picking up the slack.

Bball
11-11-2006, 03:15 AM
Damn you are so mad that the team is winning with Jermaine. It hurts your pride so bad, you want to cry dont you?

<------------------------------------GOD

Nope... Because we've went away from pretending JO is something that he is not AND he's letting the game come to him.

Those were high on the list of things JO and the team needed to do (IMHO).

Now they just need to keep it up and let the rest of the pieces fall into place.

-Bball

PacersFan83
11-11-2006, 03:21 AM
Great to see "the next Pippen" finally not su....finally play up to expectations. And Al is simply spectacular. The best scorer on our team.

What I'd like to see.....

Top-5 Scoring Options
1. Big Al
2. JO
3. Granger
4. Quis
5. Jackson

All I know is that it's a good sign when this team can win against solid teams when JO and Jack struggle with their shots. That's definitely a real positive thing to take from games like this. Props to Al and Danny, specifically, for picking up the slack.

If you can find 5 games when Jackson didn't struggle with his shot, I'll declare you a God and Stephen Jackson as the greatest Pacer of all-time.

JayRedd
11-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Touch passes, pocket-picking and jumpers, oh my.

Granger was, in the words of Borat, Ve-ry Nice!!

I missed the first quarter, so I wasn't affected by the lackluster feeling as much as some of you, but I thought we looked very good overall offensively, anyway.

2nd Half especially had a lot of very positive signs. Was I the only one to notice how often nobody dribbled? The ball rotation and involvement of everyone was just fantastic. In the half-court, the ball was entered to the wing, passed to the elbow, back out, down to the block, skipped across the to the other side, rotated to the top of the key and then back to the other wing for a jumper. And for the entire 15 seconds that took, there was maybe one dribble combined. This happened on like three possesions in one three-minute stretch. It was just a great pleasure to watch, and all culminated on the play where Danny ripped Grant Hill, spun and passed to half court, who passed to Jack, who lobbed to Mr. T. The ball never touched the floor.

Yes, there were times where Al or JO pounded the ball a little like we're so used to guys in Pacer blue doing, but I'd say 66% of the time, when people were dribbling (2nd half anyway), they had a purpose.

I like.

Just
11-11-2006, 03:56 AM
Jack is in a cold slump, but he's actually playing smart for once. Major props.

The zero tolerance thing is the best thing Stern has ever done. The games are so much different and much more enjoyable.

Danny and Al were awesome. Tins just did not even look healthy. I worry about our PG spot, but we're pretty much loaded everywhere else. I'm a big Quisy fan.

Again, major props to Jack... if he keeps this up, he'll be a pacer for quite a while

Believe_in_blue
11-11-2006, 04:57 AM
Another sellout tonight, I wonder how much of that is the $4.00 tickets. As I said the other day I know they are selling the $35.00, $25.00 and $10.00 tickets for $4.00. Chris tonight said that next Fridays game is almost sold out.

Did the capacity change when they added Legends? I have noticed on the box scores for the home opener and tonights game was 18,165 and 18,345.

Unclebuck
11-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Did the capacity change when they added Legends? I have noticed on the box scores for the home opener and tonights game was 18,165 and 18,345.

Yes, it must have, because that is the only thing that has changed. Up until this season it was 18,345, but now it is 18,165. That is a los of 180 seats. Does anyone know the pricing for Legends.

Just an aside - I walked by Legends during Tuesday night's game - around the concourse - I wanted to get a view of what is really going on in there and I've watched what goes on from my seats. Seems like it has sold pretty well, although I would imagine there are still memberships available. My guess is a few people who had club seats decided to go over to Legends this season because the club seats are certainly more empty than I've ever seen them.

Financially Legends is probably a smart idea, but I must admit there is something about Legends that just really bugs me and overall it in some ways ruins the atmoshere to me. Seems like a bunch businessmen socializing who couldn't care any less about the Pacers game or any basketball game for that matter. Seeing them getting food and drinks and up walking around socializing bugs me

Putnam
11-11-2006, 09:44 AM
What is the point of comments like this?

If you can find 5 games when Jackson didn't struggle with his shot, I'll declare you a God and Stephen Jackson as the greatest Pacer of all-time.

Why do you always engage in hyperbole, 83?

Jackson has had more than 5 good games in his career. But he remains an inconsistent shooter, not "the greatest Pacer of all time."

You'd make a better contribution to this forum, and do more credit to yourself, if you would just make sense, saying what is reasonable and factual.

Putnam
11-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Was I the only one to notice how often nobody dribbled? The ball rotation and involvement of everyone was just fantastic. In the half-court, the ball was entered to the wing, passed to the elbow, back out, down to the block, skipped across the to the other side, rotated to the top of the key and then back to the other wing for a jumper. And for the entire 15 seconds that took, there was maybe one dribble combined.

Really? That sounds fantastic. Who was on the floor at that time?

BlueNGold
11-11-2006, 10:12 AM
What is the point of comments like this?

Why do you always engage in hyperbole, 83?

Jackson has had more than 5 good games in his career. But he remains an inconsistent shooter, not "the greatest Pacer of all time."

You'd make a better contribution to this forum, and do more credit to yourself, if you would just make sense, saying what is reasonable and factual.

Thanks for stating the truth. It's not all bad or good with Jack. I guess that's why there is such a debate.

I like the way he is beginning to play now. It appears he is trying to play within his abilities. He needs to take a back seat to some of the more consistent scoring options...keep building his assist totals. He needs to stay engaged on D, which he is capable of...and stay off the refs. I have some hope now from watching his actions. He needs to get his points within 12 feet of the basket. He is so much more valuable when he drives and uses his nifty moves. He often is fouled and does well from the line.

Now, he does need to launch a few threes, but due to his inconsistency, they need to be limited unless it is one of the rare occasions when he is red hot.

Skaut_Ech
11-11-2006, 10:19 AM
-You guys are forgetting to mention a guy I lobbied for us getting in the off-season: Darrell Armstrong.

How smart does this guy play? Even when he's not hitting, as he was last nite, the guy takes some pretty smart shots. He shoots if he's open, but doesn't force the issue. To me there is a real headiness about Darrell and I think it's trickling down to the rest of the team. I was pretty thrilled that we picked him up and now I'm pretty happy with the intagibles he seems to be bringing to the team.

Back in the early 90's, I though Tank and Mark were moderating influences for the team. For the first time in a decade, I think we have that guy again. Too bad he's just got this year and maybe the next before he's retiring. THIS is the type of player I've been saying we need.

-JO. Finally we've figured out how to use him. Of course my boy, bball touched on this before I had the chane. How many years did we have him post up in the low, low post, then try and overpower the other team? It led to him trying to pick out the open man through a forest of waving defender's arms. I was leading the brigade in saying that his passing skils weren't developed enough for that.

Now, we post him on BOTH sides of the lane (We were only putting him on the left wing before), have a player try and screen his man off JO, then JO has about two seconds to make a decision, shoot, take his man, or get rid of it. They seem to be concentrating on JO NOT getting double teamed, which is kinda funny. Most team welcome the double team. We seem to want JO to be able to score on his man one on one, or for him to kick it back out. I think JO has been effective because, to me, they've obviously told him to get rid of the ball if nothing is there. Rather than force JO into a Duncan-type role, we appear to be playing to his weaknesses and there's npothign wrong with that....to a poinit. (I'm thinking that if we do this all year, come playoff time, the opponent is going to throw quick double teams at JO and force him to process the new information.)

That being said, I'm not happy that he's turning into a Chris Webber, of sorts, with so many jump shots. Small complaint, though. Nice to see us acknowledge JO is some behemoth who can't be stopped and play him accordingly.

Putnam
11-11-2006, 10:27 AM
I appreciate these post-game threads. I'm in the middle of a series of eye surgeries, and I can't see well enough to watch television, let alone attend a game. It is good to get reports from the several insightful posters here. Thanks to all.

I gotta question, though, whether the Magic game wasn't decided on the simple grounds that the Pacers made their free throws (27 of 32) and the Magic didn't (16 of 28). Field goals and threes were almost equal.

Unclebuck
11-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I appreciate these post-game threads. I'm in the middle of a series of eye surgeries, and I can't see well enough to watch television, let alone attend a game. It is good to get reports from the several insightful posters here. Thanks to all.

I gotta question, though, whether the Magic game wasn't decided on the simple grounds that the Pacers made their free throws (27 of 32) and the Magic didn't (16 of 28). Field goals and threes were almost equal.

Pacers won the game with a very good second half that went beyond good free throw shooting. One big key was how close it was at halftime, just watching the game it felt like the Pacers should have trailed by 15 points at halftime.

D-BONE
11-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Pacers won the game with a very good second half that went beyond good free throw shooting.
One big key was how close it was at halftime, just watching the game it felt like the Pacers should have trailed by 15 points at halftime

Right on there. I turned to my wife as the horn sounded and commented how lucky we were not to be down big given how poorly we played. Intensity just wasn't there from a team standpoint. They certainly rectified that after the break though.

arenn
11-11-2006, 11:17 AM
There game may have been a sell-out, but I was there, and there were large numbers of empty seats.

There were almost two different teams out there tonight. The first 2.5 quarters the Pacers were lackluster, not very fun to watch team that we've come to know and not love. Then it was like someone flipped a switch, triggered by, of all things, a Stephen Jackson mid-range jumper. The Pacers became more aggressive on both ends of the court and really turned their play up a notch. If they play like that all the time, the fans will be back in no time.

A few observations:

- Great game by Granger. We've got to get this guy touches in scoring position and give him a green light to go. He's got enormous potential. Ok, I said the same thing about Tinsley once, but I've loving Granger. We've got to make sure we don't let him get lost behind Al and Jermaine.

- Harrington had a monster game. He was the only thing keeping it close early.

- Jackson played as unselfishly as I've ever seen. If he can stay than under control and keep passing the ball, he might actually be a valuable member of our team. He was certainly in Dr. Jeckel mode last night.

- I love the development of our mid-range game. In the past we were all either three pointers or post moves. Granger, Harrington, and O'Neal all had the 15-18 foot thing going with high percentages.

- Tinsley was a menance to society out there. We were better with Armstrong in the game.

I may post more later, but I just wanted to say enough to make brichard sorry he didn't come to the game with me :)

ajbry
11-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Great to see "the next Pippen" finally not su....finally play up to expectations. And Al is simply spectacular. The best scorer on our team.

What I'd like to see.....

Top-5 Scoring Options
1. Big Al
2. JO
3. Granger
4. Quis
5. Jackson

If you ever get anything right pertaining to the Pacers, I'll declare you as my personal lord and savior.

Your list way off. JO has to be #1, everyone in the league knows that. Al has looked good but would it kill you to stop being so overdramatic in every single post? Also, Granger and Quis above Jack? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PacerMan
11-11-2006, 11:52 AM

l

What can shift? Start doubling AL and Jermaine will kill you. Help on both and Granger gets wide open looks all night. It's a win/win. :)

Jermaniac
11-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Nope... Because we've went away from pretending JO is something that he is not AND he's letting the game come to him.

Those were high on the list of things JO and the team needed to do (IMHO).

Now they just need to keep it up and let the rest of the pieces fall into place.

-BballJermaine didnt need to do ****, he was asked to play in that offense so he played in it. He was asked to play in this offense and he is doing it. And its not my fault you cant see that. I feel bad for you though, maybe if something goes wrong the Pacers will lose a couple of games and you can be happy again.

ALF68
11-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Sorry my post game report was delayed. I was at the game and then got distracted at home.

First half was well it was ok our d could have been better and we could have taken care of the ball, but Al and Danny were dominant so we survived.

No bad tonight cause I'm being kind some players could have probably fallen in here.

THE OK
Tins had a rough night offensively and defensively, but he did get 6 rebounds and I'll take that tonight. Like I said I am being kind. Tins probably could have had the bad category, but he didn't really hurt us either so no harm done.

Runi struggled tonight too. 1/5 of shooting and some sketchy D, but he made some FTs and actually ran the offense decently IMO so again no harm no foul on Runi tonight. He does need to get a little more consistent with his jumper tho. (Please?)

Quis is still not really impressive to me. Hopefully he is just still getting into the flow. His defense is what saves him from really catching scorn from me. At times he looks very lost offensively and then at times he makes a nice place. We just need it consistently.

THE GOOD

Jack's shooting looks awful, but his passing is just spectacular. I mean really he was the best passer on the court tonight and he tightened up his D significantly in the second half and plus the effort is there and he didn't ***** at the refs. So as usual Jack has yet to get really hot and be spectacular for a game or two, but he is keeping me happy.

JO STRUGGLED offensively 4/15. Hit some open shots early on then got in foul trouble and then never got back into the flow. However he altered shots and played good D and pulled down 11 rebounds. Not to mention his presence obviously just makes everyone better in terms of confidence.

DA was pretty good tonight. Not his best performance, but he got in Arroyo's head (which granted doesn't appear to be that hard to me) and really hustled his kiester off as usual. No complaints.

THE GREAT

Feisty was very good tonight 8 boards, 3 blocks and just an all around solid Feisty performance. If he could bring stuff like that every night I'd be thrilled.

THE FANTASTIC

Granger finally did what I had been hoping he would do, be aggresive. Don't shy from the spotlight and don't be afraid to step confidently into an open shot. He did that tonight in a big way and was HUGE for us. If he were to play like that every night we would have by far and away the best 3,4,5 combo in the NBA PERIOD. It wouldn't even be a debate IMO. His D on Hill was very good, he crashed the boards, and was aggresive on offense. Tonight he established his identity which was something my dad and I were talking about before the game. That he just didn't seem to have an offensive identity. He found it tonight now he needs to keep it.

How bout that Al Harrington? The fact we got this guy for a trade exception and a lotto protected first boggles the mind. He is sooooo much better than his six man days. Better jump shot, better effort wise, and he appreciates every possesion and win from his struggles on the Hawks. 32 and 8 tonight and made it look effortless at times on offense. Really any night where he starts out with a guy like Tony Battie guarding him I expect him to have a HUGE night, its just a total mismatch in every way.

EVERBODY ELSE
didn't play enough for me to give an opinion tonight.

SOME THOUGHTS ON THE MAGIC

Man, do I dislike Carlos Arroyo and his game. He played the Magic out of 5-7 possesions on offense tonight by getting into some pissing match with DA, unfortunately for him DA wasn't reciprocating and while he was busy bogging down the Magic offense with pointless fancy dribbling our offense was running as smooth as it did all game. Really he just has a horrible bball IQ IMO and on top of that I think he is just a shoot first PG who is going to have big night every once and a while, but more than likely he isn't going to help that much, and if he is like this all season when he has a quick PG getting on him in the backcourt, then God help the Magic fans that have to watch him run that offense. Sorry about the random Arroyo rant, but he is easily one of my top 5 least favorite players.

D12 is pretty much an athletic beast. Just an awesome athlete to watch. I enjoy watching him play.

The crowd was very good tonight too. Fun game to be at.

As always,

GO PACERS!!!!
How in the hell could you put Jax in the good category? Jax and good should never be in the same sentence.

Unclebuck
11-11-2006, 12:50 PM
How in the hell could you put Jax in the good category? Jax and good should never be in the same sentence.

He had 6 assists last night to lead the team and that is the third time in 6 games that he has lead the team in assists. His defense this season has been outstanding, his passing has been great, his on court attitude is much improved.

So I too agree with indy0731

Jermaniac
11-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Without Jack we would have lost by 10 last night. He was a huge part of that group that came back from 10 down in the 3rd.

D-BONE
11-11-2006, 01:36 PM
You go, Indy 0731. Bottom line: Jack has been good through the first 6 games. True, his shooting has been atrocious. But, overall, a major factor in our good start to the year.

I can understand why people dislike Jack due to his already well-documented actions. However, any semi-objective assessment of his performance to this point this year has to give credit where credit is due. Keep in mind, I dont' see people suggesting Jack is GREAT. Good seems like a reasonable description. If not that, how about solid?

Trader Joe
11-11-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't understand what some people want from Jack. If he continues to Jack up shots to try to break a slump, hes a chucker. If he actually plays within the offense and leads the team in offense he sucks. This guy is just some peoples punching boy.

ajbry
11-11-2006, 02:27 PM
I don't understand what some people want from Jack. If he continues to Jack up shots to try to break a slump, hes a chucker. If he actually plays within the offense and leads the team in offense he sucks. This guy is just some peoples punching boy.

Precisely.

Besides from our fanatical Pacers fans, every other NBA fan I talk to never understands how Pacers fans could hate him so much. He's a good player, period. He's playing within himself and his shots per game average is down, because he doesn't want to be selfish when his shot isn't falling. When he is shooting well, then he's a viable primary scorer.

What else can he possibly do to please some of you?

imawhat
11-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Did everyone see the zone defense we were in last night? It was great at times, imo.

I think it was the 2-1-2 that they played in New York, but they were much better with it tonight. The difference tonight is that zones sometimes allow openings for offensive rebounds, but when the shots were going up tonight we had three guys down low for the rebound just about every time.

For anyone that recorded...go to around 2:08 remaining in the third quarter and watch the zone we play on the next possession. THAT is great defense by everyone, imo...watching Stephen in that series made my respect for him go up. To me it's as good as you can play team defense.

Sollozzo
11-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Rick in his post game press conference said that Tinsley wasn't feeling well tonight. That is the only comment I'm going to make on that issue.

I know the game was an announced sellout, but there were a ton of empty seats tonight in the balcony.

Bball
11-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Are there really that many 'no shows' (actual people who paid for a ticket but don't come to the game) or is someone making these games a sellout for marketing purposes?

....Or some businesses that had tix in the past just aren't able to find takers for the comped tix? ...Or the takers aren't actually coming to the game once they get their comped tix.

Hmmm... Or what the team itself is setting aside (more than usual?) tix for comping to radio giveaways and the like and they are instead going unused?

I sure didn't think the Philly game looked like 15,000 ppl either (which I believe UB said was the announced attendance).

-Bball

Lord Helmet
11-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Jack certainly helped us last night.

Big ups to Jack and his attitude this year.

:thumbsup:

JayRedd
11-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Really? That sounds fantastic. Who was on the floor at that time?

Well, that wasn't an exact play-by-play, but there was a lot of ball movement going on. Not positive of all five who were in during the stretch, but I believe it was JT, Quis, Al, JO and Jack. People were passing up jumpers to move the ball and force the defense to adjust. Wound up in open jumpers like 3 times.

Get better, man.

Anthem
11-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Keep in mind, I dont' see people suggesting Jack is GREAT. Good seems like a reasonable description. If not that, how about solid?
I'm ok with "great" under certain conditions.

Basically, my expectations for Jack were so low that he's far exceeded them.