PDA

View Full Version : OT: Classic

Kstat
05-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Please tell me thats a made-up joke.....

kerosene
05-01-2004, 09:08 PM
It's Sports Guy's latest

SpADeD
05-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Oh My God! :o

That is all I really have to say, I didn't know he was whipped that bad. That has to be a serious problem if she can't trust her own husband. Is he allowed to order food from a female worker? :unimpressed:

Hicks
05-01-2004, 09:33 PM
If this really happened, she should be arrested. This isn't the first time I've heard this crap about her, and it's spousal abuse. It's wrong, an illegal.

SpADeD
05-01-2004, 10:03 PM
With all the jealousy issues, it's like going back to middle school. :laugh:

Can't wait for their book. :unimpressed:

Is there a picture of her anywhere?

Edit: Another if not the same article on the above story

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/7755549p-8694765c.html

Peck
05-01-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm just curious if any of you that have responded to this are married?

SpADeD
05-01-2004, 11:27 PM

Nope.

Anthem
05-01-2004, 11:53 PM

I am. I have no problem saying that what Mrs. Christie does is wrong. Getting somebody fired because she talked to your husband? That has "wrongful termination" written all over it. I hope that she (the female employee) wins lots of money, not because she deserves it but to send the Christies a message.

Hicks
05-02-2004, 12:04 AM
Am I the only one who sees what this woman does as spousal abuse? Because last I heard, that's what it is. I know it's not talked about much because the guy's usually thought of as the one who COMMITS this type of thing in a relationship, but if the roles were reversed the media and probably the police would be all over Doug. Poor ******* needs a divorce, or a pschologist. Probably both.

Kegboy
05-02-2004, 12:28 AM
Jackie looked approvingly at her husband and smiled. "I get a lot of women who asked me, 'How did you get Doug to act that way?' "

<shudder>

Hick's, we need a :suicide: smilie, something like :( with a gun to his head.

Also, I hereby nominate renaming :whip: as :dougchristie:.

SpADeD
05-02-2004, 12:46 AM
[quote]
I hereby nominate renaming :whip: as :dougchristie:.

I second that. :D

Hicks
05-02-2004, 12:50 AM

Aww.... what the hell. It's not entered in twice. :*whip: still works, but now so does :*dougchristie:

Hicks
05-02-2004, 12:52 AM
:laugh: Now your orginal proposition looks funny, Kegboy. :D

PaceBalls
05-02-2004, 01:25 AM
It takes a special kinda person to deal with a wife like that.. I think if there was that much tension and jealosy with a GF, I would be forced to rebel and sleep with as many women as possible. :p

It really seems kinda sadistic, like he kinda digs it or something. pretty weird stuff guys.

Peck
05-02-2004, 02:24 AM
Am I the only one who sees what this woman does as spousal abuse? Because last I heard, that's what it is. I know it's not talked about much because the guy's usually thought of as the one who COMMITS this type of thing in a relationship, but if the roles were reversed the media and probably the police would be all over Doug. Poor ******* needs a divorce, or a pschologist. Probably both.

What part of this is spousal abuse?

Look I'm not defending the parts of her getting people fired or even to me what appears to be her interfering with some of his job.

But if he agrees to this & it makes him happy, then so what? Doesn't sound to me like he is being mistreated per say.

Is it overboard? Heck yes, a lot actually. But I don't see anything here that makes me think of abuse. Emotionally or physically.

Marriage is a commitment & if that is how they choose to commit to each other than so be it.

Bball
05-02-2004, 02:44 AM
If they ever get divorced then I'm sure we'll understand... if not say we saw it coming.... OTOH... if they are happy then I guess it's none of anyone's business who wears the pants in the family.

-Bball

Anthem
05-02-2004, 02:47 AM
Marriage is a commitment & if that is how they choose to commit to each other than so be it.

Fine and dandy, Peck, but when the woman creates a hostile work environment and starts getting people fired, then legal issues come up. Her man is an employee of the Kings organization, as was the woman who was fired.

Mrs. Christie is not, and she needs to be reminded of that.

Peck
05-02-2004, 04:32 AM

Look I'm not defending the parts of her getting people fired or even to me what appears to be her interfering with some of his job.
But if he agrees to this & it makes him happy, then so what? Doesn't sound to me like he is being mistreated per say.

Is it overboard? Heck yes, a lot actually. But I don't see anything here that makes me think of abuse. Emotionally or physically.

Hence, that is why I said what I highlighted above.

She is not an employee & thus if this is an issue for the franchise then a simple solution to this will be to bar her from restricted parts of the arena.

If she becomes disruptive at the games then bar her altogether.

bulletproof
05-02-2004, 04:49 AM
The woman has serious psychological issues.

ABADays
05-02-2004, 08:11 AM
It might be ok now - but full-court pressure for life will take it's toll.

SpADeD
05-02-2004, 12:21 PM
If they ever get divorced

If they ever get divorced Doug Christie would be killed by a hired hit man.

Snickers
05-02-2004, 12:30 PM
If they ever get divorced

If they ever get divorced Doug Christie would be killed by a hired hit man.

:laugh:

:blush:

:laugh:

Hicks
05-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Peck, here's what I'm referring to. I didn't originally read it from this site, but it's saying what I'm trying to:

Emotional abuse includes verbal attacks, such as yelling, screaming and name-calling. Using criticism, verbal threats, social isolation, intimidation or exploitation to dominate another person are other forms of emotional abuse. Criminal harassment or "stalking" may include threatening a person or their loved ones, damaging their possessions, or harming their pets.

http://canada.justice.gc.ca/en/ps/fm/spouseafs.html

Snickers
05-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Peck, here's what I'm referring to. I didn't originally read it from this site, but it's saying what I'm trying to:

Emotional abuse includes verbal attacks, such as yelling, screaming and name-calling. Using criticism, verbal threats, social isolation, intimidation or exploitation to dominate another person are other forms of emotional abuse. Criminal harassment or "stalking" may include threatening a person or their loved ones, damaging their possessions, or harming their pets.

http://canada.justice.gc.ca/en/ps/fm/spouseafs.html

Hicks, you may have a point here. I'm not sure this can be seperated too much from the standard criticism and yelling that goes on in virtually every relationship, but the social isolation aspect may hold some water.

Anthem
05-02-2004, 01:23 PM

Hence, that is why I said what I highlighted above.

She is not an employee & thus if this is an issue for the franchise then a simple solution to this will be to bar her from restricted parts of the arena.

If she becomes disruptive at the games then bar her altogether.

My bad. :blush:

Hicks, I have to disagree with your "abuse" stuff. They've chosen to live that way. If it's what he wants, then what business is it of yours? Let the man live his life.

Of course, we can all shudder for him.

Hicks
05-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Wait, he's publicly said he LIKES this? Where?

Anthem
05-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Hicks:

|| HIFINY.COM || August 8, 2002 || Home ||

With few exceptions, Doug Christie does not look at other women, avoiding dialogue or even eye contact. "Every conversation I've ever had with a woman since we've been married besides my wife she knows about," he said. "She's been there. But what are we talking about? Banking? Mortgage? Other than that, I don't have anything to say to anybody. It's taking up my time and my time is limited to basketball and my family."

Doug Christie says he is a willing participant in these rituals. "It was hard for me to do the interview about this and say this is my life," he said. "Because some people will say: 'That's a bunch of garbage. He's lying.' But this is who I am and who we are."

"Each of us has to go through and find our own way and mine was the route that I took," he said. "We all have choices, and the choices I was making back then were not the ones I would want to teach to my children."

Asked if he considered his current behavior drastic, Christie shook his head no. "It's not that I'm not allowed to look at women, it's just respect," he said. "I choose this. There is nothing out there for me to want or try to go after. That's not what I'm trying to be about."

He said: "Our love is boundless and free. For me, it doesn't feel like a restriction. It's a lifestyle, the way we live. So it's easy. It's not, 'You can't do this, you can't do that.' "

SpADeD
05-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Hicks:

With few exceptions, Doug Christie does not look at other women, avoiding dialogue or even eye contact. "Every conversation I've ever had with a woman since we've been married besides my wife she knows about," he said. "She's been there. But what are we talking about? Banking? Mortgage? Other than that, I don't have anything to say to anybody. It's taking up my time and my time is limited to basketball and my family."

Doug Christie says he is a willing participant in these rituals. "It was hard for me to do the interview about this and say this is my life," he said. "Because some people will say: 'That's a bunch of garbage. He's lying.' But this is who I am and who we are."

"Each of us has to go through and find our own way and mine was the route that I took," he said. "We all have choices, and the choices I was making back then were not the ones I would want to teach to my children."

Asked if he considered his current behavior drastic, Christie shook his head no. "It's not that I'm not allowed to look at women, it's just respect," he said. "I choose this. There is nothing out there for me to want or try to go after. That's not what I'm trying to be about."

He said: "Our love is boundless and free. For me, it doesn't feel like a restriction. It's a lifestyle, the way we live. So it's easy. It's not, 'You can't do this, you can't do that.' "

He's been brainwashed I tell you! BRAINWASHED! :devil:

Anthem
05-02-2004, 01:55 PM
He's been brainwashed I tell you! BRAINWASHED! :devil:

:laugh: That may be, but it's definately not abuse.

Or at least, if it is, it's abuse that he likes. :dougchristie:

OT:
- Masochist to Sadist: Hurt me!
- Sadist to Masochist: No.

WAY OT:
I once had a long conversation in a laundromat with a "professional" dominatrix, who told me "Don't knock it till you've tried it." I've never taken her up on it.

Hicks
05-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Hicks:

Wow. Just, wow. I pity the poor *******.

SpADeD
05-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Instead of Jackie Christie traveling with the team all the time shouldn't she be at home taking care of her children? I would think that would be a top priorty instead of her having to shadow her husband to make sure he doesn't talk to any girls.

Anthem
05-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Instead of Jackie Christie traveling with the team all the time shouldn't she be at home taking care of her children? I would think that would be a top priorty instead of her having to shadow her husband to make sure he doesn't talk to any girls.

That, my friend, is a brilliant point.

Reggie4Three
05-02-2004, 07:06 PM
I can't even imagine the kind of trash talk that goes his way. Instead of the normal thundersticks and wiggly things that are passed out at NBA games to distract free throw shooters, they should pass out pictures of centerfolds to hold up when Doug shoots free throws. He might choose not to look since his family is more important than basketball. Better yet, his wife might storm the court and take him off in the middle of the game. He is in one messed up relationship.

SpADeD
05-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I can't even imagine the kind of trash talk that goes his way. Instead of the normal thundersticks and wiggly things that are passed out at NBA games to distract free throw shooters, they should pass out pictures of centerfolds to hold up when Doug shoots free throws. He might choose not to look since his family is more important than basketball. Better yet, his wife might storm the court and take him off in the middle of the game. He is in one messed up relationship.
:laugh: :laugh: :D :bowdown: :jump: :lolchair:

Kegboy
05-02-2004, 07:58 PM

Aww.... what the hell. It's not entered in twice. :*whip: still works, but now so does :*dougchristie:

Woo Hoo!!!!

:dance::dougchristie::pepper::dougchristie::dance: :dougchristie::pepper::dougchristie::dance::dougch ristie::pepper::dougchristie::dance::dougchristie: :pepper::dougchristie:
:dance::dougchristie::pepper::dougchristie::dance: :dougchristie::pepper::dougchristie::dance::dougch ristie::pepper::dougchristie::dance::dougchristie: :pepper::dougchristie: