PDA

View Full Version : If we had to blow the team up.. (just for fun)

spreedom
11-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Say at the end of the season, the Pacers end up finishing as a low playoff seed and get swept out of the first round by a beatable team, and Larry/Donnie decide it's time to change the core and do the best we can with trading. Who are the five players you'd most want us to pursue for a new-look Pacers team for the long haul? Here are mine:

1.) Dwight Howard - This guy has limitless potential and by the end of this very season, could be the very best big man in the NBA. I think if we absolutely threw every asset we could at Orlando, there's one iota of a chance that we could get him. It's scary that he'll likely be averaging 22 and 15 by this time next year.. and he'll only be like 22 years old. That's borderline LeBron-scary.

2.) Joe Johnson - I can't say enough how much I love this guy's game. He's a five tool player that can be your perimeter stud on both ends of the court, and he can flat out play the game. Can pass, rebound, shoot, create shots, finish at the rack, just about everything. Give him free reign and some pretty good talent surrounding him, and he's Mr. Triple Double.

3.) Kevin Garnett - He's actually probably more available than either Joe or D12, mostly because he'd probably have a lot of fun playing in the East. His relationship with Minnesota is looking pretty shaky, and I would be willing to bet the Pacers could get him with JO, a pick, and a filler player (Powell for example). Just think how little that is to ask.. he's the best all-around four in the game today.

4.) Deron Williams - He's a poor man's Chris Paul for sure, but how bad can that really be? He's starting to come into his own as a passer and playmaker in general, and since it's pretty obvious Paul isn't going anywhere, I think Deron would be a very slick consolation prize. Get him a big man that can run the pick and roll, and we could really have a lot of fun for many years to come.

5.) Vince Carter - IF we could shed cap space and throw the max at him this summer, wouldn't it be great to see him light it up in a Pacers uni? I know, it's pretty weak, but I'm getting tired now.

What do you guys think?

Will Galen
11-08-2006, 02:31 AM
I thought about pursuing Ashley Judd until she got married. (grin)

In other words pursuing someone and having a chance of getting them are two different things.

spreedom
11-08-2006, 02:41 AM
That's what I meant by (just for fun)

Leisure Suit Larry
11-08-2006, 03:01 AM
Some people just can't be happy that things are going well.

Will Galen
11-08-2006, 06:42 AM
1.) Dwight Howard
2.) Joe Johnson
3.) Kevin Garnett
4.) Deron Williams
5.) Vince Carter ]

Howard] I don't think there's anyway we could get Howard. They wouldn't do a swap of him for JO. (JO makes $18 million, Howard $4.8 million) And nobody else on our roster could get him.

Johnson] It would take JO to get him.

Garnett] JO and Granger to get this one done.

Williams] Granger, Harrison, and Green, might do it.

Carter] JO again.

When you want someone another team doesn't want to trade, it usually cost's more than you want to give. And sometimes you just can't get them period.

Ballerzfan
11-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Mostly all good choices, but at this stage in his career I think given the choice I would avoid Carter.

spreedom
11-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Some people just can't be happy that things are going well.

Well let's see.. I live in Minnesota, and the primary reason I ordered NBA League Pass for the past three years is because I love this Pacers team... I'm just bored. I like our team but it's always fun to goof around.

odeez
11-08-2006, 02:24 PM
I think this thread is a waste of time. Be happy with what we have. If you watched the game last night, then you wouldn't be creating a thread like this. No disrespect, but come on. (fun is watching the team we have now play, they looked great last night)

Believe_in_blue
11-08-2006, 03:51 PM
I think this thread is a waste of time. Be happy with what we have. If you watched the game last night, then you wouldn't be creating a thread like this. No disrespect, but come on. (fun is watching the team we have now play, they looked great last night)

:thankyou:

Young
11-08-2006, 04:43 PM

He said that he was just doing it for fun. If you don't like a thread you don't have to post in it.

Anyways if we had to blow the team up i'd start by getting draft picks and salary room. Would that take time? Yes but that is what i'd do. I like the Bulls method of going after winners (Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Thomas, etc.)

One guy i'd try and get is Channy Frye. Good player already and will only get better. Jarrett Jack is another guy i'd be after. It's hard to say though since who knows who would be avaliable.

ajbry
11-08-2006, 04:46 PM
I'd be looking at guys like Monta Ellis, Gerald Green, and Dorell Wright.