PDA

View Full Version : No games scheduled for today (Saturday!)

Shade
05-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Nice scheduling job. :rolleyes:

MSA2CF
05-01-2004, 11:46 AM
I wish the NBA would come out and tell me why the old playoff scheduling was unfit. I wish they'd give me one good reason why this new one is better.

:bored:

I'm waiting...

Unclebuck
05-01-2004, 12:41 PM
There were originally 4 game 6's scheduled for today. It is not the NBA's fault each of those series ended in 4 or 5 games

grace
05-01-2004, 12:54 PM
I wish the NBA would come out and tell me why the old playoff scheduling was unfit. I wish they'd give me one good reason why this new one is better.

:bored:

I'm waiting...

Go ahead and e-mail them (link on NBA.com). I guarentee you'll get a response in two weeks. Have your friends write too. You'll all get the exact same response from the PR director. :unimpressed: :rolleyes:

Shade
05-01-2004, 12:54 PM
There were originally 4 game 6's scheduled for today. It is not the NBA's fault each of those series ended in 4 or 5 games

That's why there should not be a best-of-7 first round.

The scheduling should not be set up so that there's a possiblity of no games on a Saturday.

MSA2CF
05-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Go ahead and e-mail them (link on NBA.com). I guarentee you'll get a response in two weeks. Have your friends write too. You'll all get the exact same response from the PR director. :unimpressed: :rolleyes:

Have you written to them about this subject before?

grace
05-01-2004, 01:09 PM

No, but a few of us wrote when Ron got suspended. This week we all got the exact same response back.

Shade
05-01-2004, 01:10 PM

No, but a few of us wrote when Ron got suspended. This week we all got the exact same response back.

I'm amazed that you guys actually expected to get a personalized response. Do you have any idea how many e-mails the front office must receive every day? :o

Kstat
05-01-2004, 03:35 PM
LETS GO RED WINGS! :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :apple: :orange: :apple: :apple:

I demand a Red Wings smiley!

Roaming Gnome
05-01-2004, 03:46 PM
LETS GO RED WINGS! :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :apple: :orange: :apple: :apple:

Where are the Sharks when you need them... :devil:

Southside_Pacer
05-01-2004, 04:04 PM

What are these Red Wings you speak of? People in Indiana don't tend to follow the game with the little black puck on a sheet of ice. :confused:

R.I.P. Indianapolis Ice :cry:

Kstat
05-01-2004, 04:09 PM

What are these Red Wings you speak of? People in Indiana don't tend to follow the game with the little black puck on a sheet of ice. :confused:

Your loss.....

What, you people don't have ice in Indiana?

Southside_Pacer
05-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Not at this time of year....

I do miss the Ice vs the EVIL Fort Wayne Komets games. Anybody else miss those?

Shade
05-01-2004, 04:29 PM

Nope. :P :laugh:

Natston
05-01-2004, 04:32 PM

What, you people don't have ice in Indiana?

We do but it's just for falling on and for running off roads... :D

Roaming Gnome
05-01-2004, 04:36 PM

How did we ever get the "Evil" added to our nickname? Those games were great. No matter how bad the Komets were any particular year, if we had a game scheduled against the Ice. The game was a sell out in Fort Wayne. One of my favorite Ice/Komet games was an "Ice" scraper giveaway that went bad when some calls went against the Komets. It was raining scrapers for a good 3 to 5 min. The game was stopped for a good 15 min. to regain order.

I know a lot of you here either hate, or don't care for hockey but it is just a sport that I kinda grew up watching in Fort Wayne and it is a real shame that the Indy has lost the Ice as a pro team. Granted, Indy doesn't have the fan base to support the NHL but I thought they had enough of a base to support an AHL (highest minor league) team. Too bad the former owners of the Ice have mis-managed the team since the mid 90's.

Southside_Pacer
05-01-2004, 04:39 PM
I know a lot of you hear either hate, or don't care for hockey but it is just a sport that I kinda grew up watching in Fort Wayne and it is a real shame that the Indy has lost the Ice as a pro team. Granted, Indy doesn't have the fan base to support the NHL but I thought they had enough of a base to support an AHL (highest minor league) team. Too bad the former owners of the Ice have mis-managed the team since the mid 90's.

Amen to your last part. I'd go to a few games a year and always enjoyed myself. I will not be the same without the Indianapolis Ice in town. Now there's a new name for the team, Indiana Ice, and a whole new feel of hockey.

Kinda ironic that the Pack the House Night was the largest crowd ever for the event.

And that's what it was always billed as whent he Komets came to town, the EVIL Fort Wayne Komets. :devil:

ABADays
05-01-2004, 07:38 PM
What? No game? :bored: spooky man, spooky!

Roaming Gnome
05-01-2004, 07:45 PM
What? No game? :bored: spooky man, spooky!

This sucks... :bored:

Kstat
05-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Better not to have a game than watch your team LOSE...... :cry: *******s choked away a pivotal game 5.....game 6 in Calgary is gonna be a *****........

ABADays
05-02-2004, 11:04 AM
I respect you Kstat, therefore, I am surprised you diluted this board with the mere mention of hockey.