PDA

View Full Version : 4-Games in, but still some interesting observations...

NuffSaid
11-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Such as, both conference championship teams are struggling - the Mavs are 0-3 (6-12 since the Finals!) and the Heat are 1-2 (7-10 since the Finals).

Both LA teams are tied for first place in the Pac. Div. @ 3-1.

The Suns are 1-3.

The Jazz are 4-0.

The Hawks are 2-1 atop the Atl. Div.

Other than those observations, nothing else really surprises me. Again, we're only 4 games in...still plenty of b-ball left! I just saw those standings and thought, "Hmmmm...."

Phildog
11-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Too early to mean anything.

Philly is 3-0...until tonight....so there we go!!

purdue101
11-07-2006, 04:18 PM
What Utah is doing doesn't surprise me at all. They have a really talented frontcourt that's finally going into the season 100% healthy. They've also addressed their lack of depth in the backcourt. The last two drafts they've taken all guards who can all contribute (Williams, Miles, Brown, & Brewer). They also signed Fisher, who IMO is the missing piece. He finally gives them a veteran who can hit an outside shot. Let's also not forget they have a great coach in Sloan.

I think they'll win their division easily.

---------------------

I think the Suns were slightly overrated last year. They got too much hype for making it to the conference finals - They barely beat both the Lakers and the Clippers in the first two rounds.

Amare doesn't look like anywhere close to the dominant player he once was.

I think they'll finish behind both the Lakers and Clips in the division. Both LA teams are on the rise.

------------

imawhat
11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
I think the Lakers are the real deal. They contended (and could've won) against the Suns last year with Kobe on one leg and other players still learning the system. Everyone looks much improved (in their understanding of the offense) this year, and it's early in the season. Phil Jackson has earned a lot of respect from me these past two years.

Sirius
11-07-2006, 07:25 PM
we are three games in. wtf.