PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anybody using sopcast or TVU?

Grant
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm out of state and don't have league pass. I'm wondering if anybody has used either of these apps.

This site has a schedule of upcoming games.

http://www.myp2p.eu/NBA.htm

Supposedly more people make for a better quality feed because it is P2P.

Admins - delete if inappropriate

DeS
11-07-2006, 11:48 AM
I was trying it last time. It wasn't watchable, although I could see some plays after buffering (buffering ~30sec., then some action for som 5-10sec and then buffering again). Hope this will be getting better :)

DarkDreams
11-07-2006, 12:02 PM
In my experience, the games that are shown on NBA TV are usually of decent quality. Pacers games, unfortunately, do not seem to be very popular.

Let's hope tonight's game will be watchable.

Mr. Sobchak
11-07-2006, 12:34 PM
I have TVU player and I like it alot. The games ususally are really good quality

Grant
11-07-2006, 01:28 PM
I have TVU player and I like it alot. The games ususally are really good quality

I checked out TVU (ESPN) for a few minutes of last nights football game. Very watchable and the Pacers game on Saturday will be on TVU.

Tonights game apparently will only be on sopcast.

Tony Valente
11-07-2006, 02:42 PM
You guys are so selfish. You knew about this and didn't tell me. I only watched like three Pacers games in last 4 years. Now I found out about this TVU from a Romanian basketball forum and its so great. In the evening the signal on NBA TV is 5 out of 5 lines. No buffering, no image loss, no distortion. Perfect quality. ESPN same. And now that i do have all those channels, I see there are only 2 Pacers games on NBA TV this month. :(

ajbry
11-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I just found out about this as well. I used SopCast to watch the Knicks game. It was choppy, but as stated previously, that's because nobody else was really watching.

I'm definitely happy there's an alternative for those of us who can't see the games otherwise.

Israfan
11-07-2006, 03:29 PM
I just found out about this as well. I used SopCast to watch the Knicks game. It was choppy, but as stated previously, that's because nobody else was really watching.

I'm definitely happy there's an alternative for those of us who can't see the games otherwise.

Did you need any password?
Cause when I'm trying to connect SopCast says wrong pasw.?

DarkDreams
11-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Did you need any password?
Cause when I'm trying to connect SopCast says wrong pasw.?

Yes I've also encountered this several times. It seems to be channel dependent.

DarkDreams
11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Also be careful with p2p software. For example, I've read rumours that TVAnts contains spyware (just type "TVAnts" and "spyware" in google).

DarkDreams
11-07-2006, 04:59 PM
One more thing - if you are looking for basketball torrents, you can check out this site: http://bt.davka.info/. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any Pacers games yet

Trader Joe
11-07-2006, 05:49 PM
So are we expecting this game to be online tonight then?

DeS
11-07-2006, 06:15 PM
So are we expecting this game to be online tonight then?

Of course! People with the fat pipes are invited! I kid, i kid :) But, hey - the help from our pacers friends would be highly appreciated :)

DarkDreams
11-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Anyone succeeded in getting pacers video feed?

DeS
11-07-2006, 07:14 PM
sopcast requires password :(

Grant
11-07-2006, 07:18 PM
It looks like it just came online try now. no password should be necessary

ajbry
11-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, it's up. But the buffering is very slow right now.

Grant
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Maybe we just need more people.

Grant
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
ratio is .27 and quality is 55/100

ajbry
11-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Now it's not doing anything. It's buffering at like 2%.

DeS
11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey people - ppmate is running quite ok.

DarkDreams
11-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey people - ppmate is running quite ok.

Yes, except they are showing denver against phoenix and not pacers :(

ajbry
11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Still absolutely nothing. Buffering says 75% now.

DeS
11-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes, except they are showing denver against phoenix and not pacers :(
Well, at least we will see the games provided by NBA TV (there is a channel in sport section).

Grant
11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Here is a bit of an explanation regarding last nights probs.

"That is a negative, unless you find me a stream forward source.

I can not figure out the problem.

Im sorry the game has been offline...I had it setup, and im not going to sit at the computer and make sure it runs for 3 straight hours. If Im not on these forums (check the users online at the bottom of the forum index), then there is a good chance im not in front of my computer...and in this case i was eating dinner.

Unfortunately there is an issue with my capture card.
I know that I cant run VLC and connect to it with my laptop without crashing my computer.
I know that I cant run VLC and use SOPcast without it crashing VLC.
I know that I cant run WME and use SOPcast without it crashing my computer.

I DO know that I can use WME with a stream forward source and it work fine.

So what it boils down to is if I do not have a stream forward source like I have asked nicely for very often, no game will be shown.
My computer with the capture hardware is not stable enough to run SOPcast for whatever reason. So it is not my problem is you guys dont see the game...I get to see it fine on my TV. Hey, I hate to sound like a dick, but my computer has crashed more times in the past week due to this capture stuff that it has in the entire life of this computer...it is a joke. And it is making life difficult. I dont like it.

Again, no stream forward source = no game.

A stream forward source is someone with at least 1mbps of upstream, who has SOPcast installed and can follow a few simple directions."

http://myp2p.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5638

cgg
11-08-2006, 10:11 PM
I posted on that board that I can do dual T1's. Hopefully we can get it working.

Or else we can take up a collection to get him some new hardware!

ajbry
11-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Doesn't that guy only stream the 76ers games though?

Grant
11-09-2006, 09:15 AM
yeah that guy did Sixers games. There is also a Raptors channel.

It would be great to get a Pacers channel and maybe password protect it for PD members.

I think if there were a 1Mbs upload and 20-30 broadband users, we could have a solution for those of us who only get to see a few games a year.

Pitons
11-09-2006, 10:12 AM
yeah that guy did Sixers games. There is also a Raptors channel.

It would be great to get a Pacers channel and maybe password protect it for PD members.

I think if there were a 1Mbs upload and 20-30 broadband users, we could have a solution for those of us who only get to see a few games a year.

Man, it would be so great because ESPN and NBA TV shows about 1 Pacers game in a whole ******** year.

cgg
11-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Ah, sixers games don't do anything for me.