PDA

View Full Version : if saruras' minutes are tied to armstrongs...

slyder
11-06-2006, 08:51 PM
then that should leave plenty of room
for greene.

your thoughts?

Will Galen
11-06-2006, 10:54 PM
It appears they might play together a lot, but I don't see how you can think one's minutes are tied to the other. Saras plays with Tins also.

It's also very early in the season, there's lots of time for other players to develop good on court chemistry.

CableKC
11-06-2006, 10:54 PM
I would guess that we are going to run more small ball lineups where we will have an above average # of minutes with 2 PGs at the Guard spots.

Tinsley will always get the most minutes....but will likely share minutes with DA and Sarunas....like the way it is now...with Greene playing minutes when we need a defensive minded PG when we play a team with a 1st/2nd scoring option PG ( like Chicago ).

Either way...I want to see DA play as many minutes as possible so that we can have his guidance on the floor....but also minimize the # of minutes that Tinsley plays to keep him fresh for the long haul.

Anthem
11-06-2006, 10:57 PM
No way those three guys are healthy all season.

Unclebuck
11-06-2006, 11:27 PM
There are going to be certain teams and certain matchups where Rick won't be able to play those two guys together, especially against big shooting guards

Diesel_81
11-07-2006, 03:32 AM
There are going to be certain teams and certain matchups where Rick won't be able to play those two guys together, especially against big shooting guards

Your right. I also don't know if Armstrong can last playing 20minutes a game all season long and even if he can , will his strong play continue. I think we going to see an increased role with Marquis Daniels as the season goes, he's just way to talented not to get more action and I happen to think Saras can excel with Daniels playing in the backcourt with him.

ssmall
11-07-2006, 04:45 AM
who is saruras?

Eindar
11-07-2006, 05:38 AM
I think Oriene will be used the same way pit bosses in Vegas use Eastern European women who never smile. Cool off a hot hand. If we're going up against a high-scoring PG like Nash, Iverson, Baron Davis, sometimes Marbury and Francis, Billups, etc., he'll put in Greene to try to lock them down or get the ball out of their hands. He really reminds me of a more athletic Kevin Ollie that is also better defensively in that he doesn't seem to play outside his game. He's not going to drop 20 and 10 or even a triple double, but he's also not going to have 8 turnovers.

We'll see how well that holds up in the regular season though. I remember someone saying Boston fans hated him for making stupid mistakes to cost games.

Pitons
11-07-2006, 06:26 AM
then that should leave plenty of room
for greene.

your thoughts?

If you think 1,7 minutes will help, then that's ok.

Mamluk
11-07-2006, 10:02 AM
who is saruras?

On a side note, "sa rura" appr. = "silent bottom" in Lithuanian.

By the way, "sarunas" = "a horse that is fed well so it could be used on special occasions".

Cheers,
Mamluk

slyder
11-07-2006, 10:56 AM
On a side note, "sa rura" appr. = "silent bottom" in Lithuanian.

By the way, "sarunas" = "a horse that is fed well so it could be used on special occasions".

and thus, a new nickname is born......

rabid
11-07-2006, 11:18 AM
One thing about Armstrong that no one seems to mention is that he's playing too many minutes right now. Rick himself said a few days ago that DA can really only handle 10-12 minutes a game at this point in his career.

No one really knows exactly how many minutes DA can handle, but I'd hate to see him get hurt or lose his legs (so to speak) halfway through the season becuase we're relying on him too much. If we want this guy to perform in the playoffs, we might want to ease off a little bit.

Anthem
11-07-2006, 01:21 PM
One thing about Armstrong that no one seems to mention is that he's playing too many minutes right now. Rick himself said a few days ago that DA can really only handle 10-12 minutes a game at this point in his career.

No one really knows exactly how many minutes DA can handle, but I'd hate to see him get hurt or lose his legs (so to speak) halfway through the season becuase we're relying on him too much. If we want this guy to perform in the playoffs, we might want to ease off a little bit.
A good point. But I'm not sure Saras can be effective as an only PG.

NuffSaid
11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
"... there's lots of time for other players to develop good on court chemistry.
Initially, I thought that was the point to this thread!

I know we're only 3-games into the new season, but if Sarunas and Armstrong can continue working together throughout the season and be as effective as they have been to date, I'd say pair these guys up as much as possible!