PDA

View Full Version : ABA PLAYER PROBLEM

able
11-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Hedo Turkoglu (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/hidayet_turkoglu/index.html)
(ORL - GF)

Is what it says on "my team"

However, I can only play him at F or Bench, no G option, perhaps a setting ?

DisplacedKnick
11-05-2006, 09:39 AM
A player being listed at GF doesn't automatically mean you can use him at G.

From going through the list, it looks to me like the site did this for positions:

PG=G
SG=G & GF
SF=F & GF
PF=F & CF
C=C & CF (even Shaq was listed at CF)

Goofy settings.

Some players ARE listed at C, CF & F as well as G, GF & F

able
11-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Maybe I'm just stupid, but am I unreasonable that if I have a player listed as GF that I want to play him at G ????

Or am I required to ask for a positional change ?

[confused]

DisplacedKnick
11-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Maybe I'm just stupid, but am I unreasonable that if I have a player listed as GF that I want to play him at G ????

Or am I required to ask for a positional change ?

[confused]

I won't answer for the ABA but in the KL you need to put him up for a vote - unless I missed changing him to the position he ended last season at. I think I got most of them but it's always possible I missed one.

able
11-05-2006, 10:22 AM
It is in the ABA, but explain to me the logic in me submitting a player to be playing GF, while he is already listed as such ??

The player/position I pasted in the first post in this thread is a direct copy of the site (ABA NBA) not my fancy posting style.

Am I not safe in assuming that if a player is listed as a GF on either site I can play him as either a G or a F? Does that not defeat all votes we had till now, because then the listing as such is not important, the added question then becomes; I have player X, he a GF, here's my proof, can we A: list him as such and B: can I play him as either G or F at my discretion?

Again I really fail to see the logic here, but oye, that can be my very severe cold

Hicks
11-05-2006, 10:40 AM
As far as I'm concerned if they're already listed ON THE FANTASY LEAGUE SITE as a two-position player, you should be able to play them at either one. I'll update it for Hedo. If anyone else has this problem let me know.

DisplacedKnick
11-05-2006, 10:58 AM
It is in the ABA, but explain to me the logic in me submitting a player to be playing GF, while he is already listed as such ??

The player/position I pasted in the first post in this thread is a direct copy of the site (ABA NBA) not my fancy posting style.

Am I not safe in assuming that if a player is listed as a GF on either site I can play him as either a G or a F? Does that not defeat all votes we had till now, because then the listing as such is not important, the added question then becomes; I have player X, he a GF, here's my proof, can we A: list him as such and B: can I play him as either G or F at my discretion?

Again I really fail to see the logic here, but oye, that can be my very severe cold

No, you're not safe in that assumption - because the fantasy site has goofy position settings.

It's also why the logic doesn't make sense and why I changed as many of them as I could in the KL to match where they were last season (where Turkoglu was listed as F only and failed to pass a vote for G/F last season).