PDA

View Full Version : Which ESPN cover makes you want to puke more?

MagicRat
04-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Since my other puke thread got locked, I thought I should start another......

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/ITESPN.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/BadBoys.jpg

Southside_Pacer
04-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Easy. The Steph and Isiah one.

Mainly because I believe Steph is overrated and makes bad decisions with ball. But it's the "Can Anyone?" at the bottom in referencing can anyone save the east.

Kstat
04-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Steph and Isiah. No question. A) when did the east need saving, and B)who are the SEVENTH-SEEDED KNICKS to save it?

Suaveness
04-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Steph and Isiah. No question. A) when did the east need saving, and B)who are the SEVENTH-SEEDED KNICKS to save it?

Well, of course you would say that :unimpressed: ;)

That said, I hate them both.

Reason?

I hate the Knicks, and I hate the Pistons.

Hicks
04-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Easily the Isiah one. "Save the East". HA!

BillS
04-30-2004, 04:26 PM
At this point, whoever comes out of the East had better kick some serious can in the finals and come away with the crown.

Of course, I'd rather it was the Pacers, but it is <i><b>almost</b></i> as important for the East to win no matter what.

Of course, as many have said before, the East winning won't have anything whatsoever to do with skill, coaching, scoring, defense, or team strength - it will only have to do with the West teams beating each other up so badly.

Kind of like the old ABA-champs vs. NBA-champs exhibitions. ABA couldn't possibly have been as good or better. Nope. Unh-unh. :fro:

Slick Pinkham
04-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Can the Knicks save the NBA?
Can the Bengals save the NFL?
Can the Tampa Bay Devil Rays save major league baseball?

:unimpressed:

The answer is that if you assume that any of these things NEED to be saved, why would you pick a crappy or maybe halfway decent team to do so?

:confused:

Mourning
04-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I have no real problem with the Pistons cover of ESPN, its a bit "easy" to label them "Bad Boys", however since they probably are the best or 2nd best defensive team in the league rightnow it doesn't matter to me. Ok, so they don't really play "hard" in the nasty way, so what?

The Knicks cover is absolute idiodicy! Why pick a team which hasn't even the play-offs the last years only because Isiah became a GM there and got a top "me first" PG in Marbury and some other talented players who are earning more than they are worth and/or who have that "talent" label been applied to them like FOREVER!!! :maniac:

And than implying that if they can't the East is virtually "unsaveable" is just sooooooo cheap that is rightfully deserves the :puke: -trophy by a wide distance ;) .

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

BillS
04-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Hey, magicrat! Build us a :puke: -trophy, huh? Put it on the Knicks cover ...

Roaming Gnome
04-30-2004, 06:02 PM
:pissed: Gotta be the Knicks!!! :puke:

Just because it is N.Y.! Heck, if we had Garnett and T-mac...We still would be looking at that headline.

ROCislandWarrior
04-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Hand down the Knicks! Why is this even a discussion? :devil: