PDA

View Full Version : Pistons got hosed tonight at the end.

Hicks
01-23-2004, 10:33 PM
If you saw the replay, I really don't see how you can argue. Horrendous call. Refs must have shared the same gaterade with the ones we have tonight. :rolleyes:

Sorry to all Pistons fans. That has to really suck.

Kstat
01-23-2004, 10:38 PM
If you saw the replay, I really don't see how you can argue. Horrendous call. Refs must have shared the same gaterade with the ones we have tonight. :rolleyes:

Sorry to all Pistons fans. That has to really suck.

In my entire life, i have never been so ashamed.

I defy ANYONE here to give me a WORSE regular-season call in NBA HISTORY......

I'm proud of my boys, we BEAT Minnesota, in their building. Everyone that saw the game knows the Pistons won. The final score is fraudulant.

We went 2-1 over a 3-game stretch vs Indy, SA and Minnesota. I couldn't be prouder of my team right now.

beast23
01-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Pretty shoddy.

And.... on a night that several of the top teams lose (Pistons, Kings), what do the Pacers do? Lose to a pretty inspired Houston team on our home court.

When Houston's guards are making some shots, Houston is going to be a tough team.

Suaveness
01-23-2004, 10:46 PM
1-2 ;)

but really 2-1

PaceBalls
01-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Pretty shoddy.

And.... on a night that several of the top teams lose (Pistons, Kings), what do the Pacers do? Lose to a pretty inspired Houston team on our home court.

When Houston's guards are making some shots, Houston is going to be a tough team.

I would say its more like... when Houston starts using Yao as the focus of their offense and get their guards easy looks they are going to be a tougher team. Cause they are tough right now.

efx
01-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah, my condolances to all the Pistons fans out there. That is ****** officiating that's for sure.

Roaming Gnome
01-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Sorry Kstat and Pistons Dynasty...you guys took one for the team tonight...

Ouch!!! :boxer:

Kstat
01-23-2004, 11:23 PM

Actually, I think this is one of those instances where I'm going to look at the ESPN power rankings on Monday, and feel good about it. I actually think The Twoles might be dropped BELOW us...

DisplacedKnick
01-23-2004, 11:25 PM
I defy ANYONE here to give me a WORSE regular-season call in NBA HISTORY......

Well (should I bring this up?) I do recall a Patrick Ewing tip-in of a 3-pt shot in NY a few years back ...

I recall a few others but not last second like that one.

Merz
Yeah, the refs definetely bailed the Wolves out at the end their. That was a nice job by Billups penetrating and making the shot at the end, if there was a foul it should of been on the T'Wolves

Hicks
I'm probably gonna get trashed for this, but I still remember Kstat what you told me (posted on the forum anyway) about refs and bad calls. You said something along the lines of "I've yet to see a team play a perfect game where the refs litterally cost them the game." In other words, there's always something a team could have done to overcome it. Playing Devil's advocate here.

Plus, I think you said that when I was mad at the refs vs the Pacers. :devil:

Roaming Gnome
01-23-2004, 11:27 PM

Actually, I think this is one of those instances where I'm going to look at the ESPN power rankings on Monday, and feel good about it. I actually think The Twoles might be dropped BELOW us...

I think you have a point because on this night...All the leading teams in the NBA all lost. The only difference was...the Pistons got jobed, Hard Core while the rest of the teams just lost!

Kstat
01-23-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm probably gonna get trashed for this, but I still remember Kstat what you told me (posted on the forum anyway) about refs and bad calls. You said something along the lines of "I've yet to see a team play a perfect game where the refs litterally cost them the game." In other words, there's always something a team could have done to overcome it. Playing Devil's advocate here.

Plus, I think you said that when I was mad at the refs vs the Pacers. :devil:

Heh, I'm just letting out some steam. I just cant fathom a professional referee making that call, I just cant. Ive never seen that happen, a guy making a call that TAKES AWAY a game-winning shot. I've seen really bad no-calls, or bad defensive fouls that turned inro free throws, but NEVER have I seen a call where the player MAKES the game-winning shot, gets TACKLED by an opposing player, and the ref actually calls an OFFENSIVE foul.

Though you are indeed right, Hicks. We lost. We outplayed the TWolves, but we did not win. I cna alway point back to our PATHETIC first-qtr effort, where we only scored 13.

I REALLY feel bad for Mehmet Okur. He is the most talented big man in the east not named Jermaine O'neal. I just wish he'd bring his A game more.....

Anthem
01-24-2004, 04:02 AM
Well, speaking of bad calls, it wouldn't have hurt the Pacers to have Reggie's 3 count as a 3...

Ragnar
01-24-2004, 08:59 AM
There is no way you can look at the call in the Pistons game and think it was anything other than total robery. I had switched over to the Pistons game for the last two minutes and when I saw that I threw my remote and stormed out of the room for a minute to cool down.

I am sorry Kstat you got totaly ripped last night there is no two ways about it. The reffs did cost that game. That shot should have counted plus he should have gone to the line for one more.

This one will go down in history with the Ewing tip in of the Johnson 3 either it was a goal tend or it was a 2 it could not possibly have been a 3.

bulletproof
01-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Pretty shoddy.

I would say its more like... when Houston starts using Yao as the focus of their offense and get their guards easy looks they are going to be a tougher team. Cause they are tough right now.

Houston isn't that tough. Ron going 3-18 was the difference. He shouldn't have been playing. Plus, after winning 11 of 12 with wins against SA, NJ and Detroit, you're bound for a letdown. Being that high for that long is emotionally draining.

bulletproof
01-24-2004, 10:16 AM
There is no way you can look at the call in the Pistons game and think it was anything other than total robery. I had switched over to the Pistons game for the last two minutes and when I saw that I threw my remote and stormed out of the room for a minute to cool down.

I am sorry Kstat you got totaly ripped last night there is no two ways about it. The reffs did cost that game. That shot should have counted plus he should have gone to the line for one more.

Wow, you guys are soft. I hate to see incompetent officiating cost any team a game, but I'm not sorry it happened in this case. Have we seen anything as bad happen this year? UH, YES. Ron getting sacked in Sacramento. That call (which the NBA admitted was a bad call) pretty much did us in. You just hope it all equals out in the end. Pacers got one taken away from them. Pistons got one taken away from them. We may need this one down the stretch.

Ragnar
01-24-2004, 10:39 AM
I am not trying to imply that the Artest ejection was not horrible. But we are talking about a game wining play on the road against a top team. Artest was jot ejected with 2 seconds left on the clock and had two points taken away.

Maybe you didnt see the end of the game but it was horrible. I know the Pistons are the "enemy" but they won that game.

bulletproof
01-24-2004, 10:57 AM
I am not trying to imply that the Artest ejection was not horrible. But we are talking about a game wining play on the road against a top team. Artest was jot ejected with 2 seconds left on the clock and had two points taken away.

Maybe you didnt see the end of the game but it was horrible. I know the Pistons are the "enemy" but they won that game.

I'm not disputing the semantics of it, my friend, I'm just saying I'm not sorry it happened because I think we got equally hosed in the Sacramento game.

Shade
01-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Jeez, I just saw that.

Sorry, Kstat, you guys got flat-out cheated on that one.

Who says the refs don't determine game outcomes again? :pissed:

bulletproof
01-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Jeez, I just saw that.

Are you going to be sorry if the Pistons win the division by one game?

ABADays
01-24-2004, 02:09 PM
We need to get Kstat off this board. The guy actually make me feel sorry for the Pistons when they lose and I'm not suppose to feel that way.

Hicks
We need to get Kstat off this board. The guy actually make me feel sorry for the Pistons when they lose and I'm not suppose to feel that way.

:laugh:

Ragnar
Jeez, I just saw that.

Are you going to be sorry if the Pistons win the division by one game?

I want the Pacers to win but not by the other guy getting jobbed. We are not Knicks fans are we ?

Sorry DisplacedKnick I dont mean you

bulletproof
01-24-2004, 03:00 PM
I want the Pacers to win but not by the other guy getting jobbed. We are not Knicks fans are we ?

We got jobbed in Sacramento. You think any Pistons fan is going to feel bad about that when it comes down to the wire? Hell no. It sucks what happened to the Pistons, but the fact that they didn't gain a game on us trumps any empathy I feel for them.

Ragnar
01-24-2004, 03:56 PM

We got jobbed in Sacramento. You think any Pistons fan is going to feel bad about that when it comes down to the wire? Hell no. It sucks what happened to the Pistons, but the fact that they didn't gain a game on us trumps any empathy I feel for them.

I dont care what fans of other teams think. Two wrongs do not make a right

Kstat
01-24-2004, 05:01 PM

I think I made it clear at the time of the ejection that while ROn certainly deserved ONE technical, he in NO waydeserved to be ejected. That said, you guys had 2+ quarters to make up for it. When Chauncey's basket was taken away, the game was over. No hope for overcoming the call, no chance to undo the wrong, the game was over, and we had no way to change things. I hate to play the homer card, but this was WORSE than the Artest ejection.

I have never seen this before, EVERY other time I could always say that we had a chance to do something about a bad call, but THIS sets a whole new prescident:

-the clock was at .8

-the ball was ALREADY in the basket.

-Pistons had the lead

Now it was arguable whether or not Billups was fouled, but taken into account it was the FIRST OFFENSIVE FOUL CALLED ALL GAME, I think the right thing would be to LET THE PLAYER DECIDE THE GAME. Chauncey made an INCREDIBLE shot to win a ballgame, and he was flat out robbed.

ah well, such is life.....

Ragnar
01-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Well Kstat if there ever was a moral victory that was it.

PistonsDynasty
01-25-2004, 02:15 AM
I had to tape the game because I had to work.

I came home at 1:30am. Watched the game and at the end of the game when Billups made that shot I was jumping up and down because he just hit the game winner PLUS an AND 1, so I turn the tv off and go to the Pistons board to talk about the great game we had.

I read a few post on the board and guys were saying we lost. So I play the last few seconds of the game and.........

WHAT

DA

They called an offensive foul??!!?? They weren't calling anything all game. I felt like killing something. A dog, cat, anything!!!

I know you Pacer fans are happy. :cry:

Kstat
01-25-2004, 03:10 AM

I came home at 1:30am. Watched the game and at the end of the game when Billups made that shot I was jumping up and down because he just hit the game winner PLUS an AND 1, so I turn the tv off and go to the Pistons board to talk about the great game we had.

I read a few post on the board and guys were saying we lost. So I play the last few seconds of the game and.........

WHAT

DA

They called an offensive foul??!!?? They weren't calling anything all game. I felt like killing something. A dog, cat, anything!!!

Yes, I'm sure they are THRILLED right now :unimpressed:

You don't do much scoreboard-watching, do you?

Shade
01-25-2004, 08:01 AM

WHAT

DA

Yes, I'm sure they are THRILLED right now :unimpressed:

You don't do much scoreboard-watching, do you?

We're glad the Pistons lost. We're not glad tht they got flat-out cheated out of the game, though.

Remember, we Pacers fans have had our fair share (and then some) of horrid calls. We don't wish that on anyone (except the Lakers and Knicks :devil: ).

Shade
01-25-2004, 04:41 PM

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

The Wolves will probably move up to #1 by default. The Pistons, Pacers, and Kings have all lost 2 straight now, and you can't really rationalize the Pistons ranking above the Pacers. You also probably can't rationalize the Pacers above Minnesota right now, so it makes things sticky this week. The top 4-6 spots will be really inteesting to see.