PDA

View Full Version : ABA - Random Rants and Musings

Los Angeles
11-01-2006, 10:45 PM
OK I'll start:

Mike Bibby was supposed to be out for 2 weeks and guess what? At the last minute, they put him in the linup as a surprise.

So here he is racking up fantasy points by the dozen and I don't even have him in my starters lineup!

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:suicide:

JayRedd
11-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Paul Pierce just lost his ******* mind.

Los Angeles
11-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Paul Pierce just lost his ******* mind.

What a stat line.

Vince Carter did well tonight too.

DisplacedKnick
11-01-2006, 11:47 PM
OK I'll start:

Mike Bibby was supposed to be out for 2 weeks and guess what? At the last minute, they put him in the linup as a surprise.

So here he is racking up fantasy points by the dozen and I don't even have him in my starters lineup!

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:suicide:

I have him in the KL - you have my sympathies.

Raskolnikov
11-02-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm quite happy about Anthony Parker and Andrew Bogut. Francis and Kirilenko were disappointing though.

Is Indy Dave (my opponent) ok yet?

BC must be feeling pretty bad for having waived Sarunas - oh, I see he already picked him up again. ;)

Lamar Odom with another impressive stat line.

diamonddave00
11-02-2006, 03:50 AM
Nope still have no control over my team in anyway.

Raskolnikov
11-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Sucks. I hope that will be sorted out soon.

DK leading the league with 257 points.

indytoad
11-02-2006, 02:14 PM
I'd like to thank Hicks for drafting Quentin Richardson for me because I probably wouldn't have.

IndyToad
Earning your ire

Shade
11-02-2006, 06:17 PM
I hate injuries.

Los Angeles
11-02-2006, 07:42 PM
lifeisgood had Keith Van Horn on his roster. I couldn't bear the guilt of not telling him that KVH wasn't playing this year. Of course, the week Venice United and the Texans face off, mum's the word. :)

Los Angeles
11-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Nope still have no control over my team in anyway.

By the way, DD would you like me to log in as you and see if I can do anything? Your info will be held in the stricktest of confidence. I've got Mac & PC and every imaginable browser to test on.

Raskolnikov
11-04-2006, 08:34 AM
All of a sudden, I lead the league in points (with 1.5 more than JayRedd)!

:happy:

DisplacedKnick
11-04-2006, 10:48 AM
My team had an ugly night yesterday.

With a capital UGH.

bulldog
11-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Shawn Marion has 117 pts. My highest player has 55.

This is what I get for making fun of the pick. Karma's a b*****

JayRedd
11-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Jalen just got a lot better. Wish we counted 3s.

DisplacedKnick
11-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Jalen just got a lot better. Wish we counted 3s.

We do - each time a player makes a 3 you get 3 pts.

Los Angeles
11-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Barbosa is single-handedly keeping Kerosene in the game. Holy crap, I can't believe this guy is coming off the bench with his numbers. I feel like an idiot passing on him.

Raskolnikov
11-04-2006, 04:29 PM
There are a couple of very close games...two days left in the first week!

Hicks
11-05-2006, 10:59 AM
My team sucks. :suicide:

MagicRat
11-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Shawn Marion has 117 pts. My highest player has 55.

This is what I get for making fun of the pick. Karma's a b*****

You'd better start making a list.

1. Made fun of MR's draft pick

"I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Bulldog."

Los Angeles
11-05-2006, 01:10 PM
My team sucks. :suicide:

It would help if you put bench players into your rotation on days that they are playing and your starters are not.

Linups can be changed for each day, and it can all be done in advance.

Kerosene would have kicked my butt if he set a rotation. instead he left Boykens on the bench all week and missed out on over 100 points.

Los Angeles
11-05-2006, 01:14 PM

1. Made fun of MR's draft pick

"I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Bulldog."

I tried to get Smith last night.

He was on the add list. I hit add, then I deliberate for 15 minutes on who to cut, make my decision, and hit submit.

It spits out an error.

I say "WTF!" and try to add him again. He isn't there. Sure enough, you took him.

You :censored:. :-p

Los Angeles
11-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Venice United takes the scoring lead!

:woot:

(Sorry for spamming this thread. I'm bored.)

MagicRat
11-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I tried to get Smith last night.

He was on the add list. I hit add, then I deliberate for 15 minutes on who to cut, make my decision, and hit submit.

It spits out an error.

I say "WTF!" and try to add him again. He isn't there. Sure enough, you took him.

You :censored:. :-p

1. Didn't e-mail Kerosene about league rules until our game was over.

"I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Los Angeles."

Los Angeles
11-05-2006, 01:55 PM

1. Didn't e-mail Kerosene about league rules until our game was over.

"I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Los Angeles."

So that explains it:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25802

Hicks
11-05-2006, 04:39 PM
It would help if you put bench players into your rotation on days that they are playing and your starters are not.

Kerosene would have kicked my butt if he set a rotation. instead he left Boykens on the bench all week and missed out on over 100 points.

Crap, is that how it works this year? I'm used to .ws where you pick your best guys and that's all she wrote.

Now I'm just confused. So I should be benching Tim Duncan on the days he's not playing?

Los Angeles
11-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Crap, is that how it works this year? I'm used to .ws where you pick your best guys and that's all she wrote.

Now I'm just confused. So I should be benching Tim Duncan on the days he's not playing?

Yep - the great thing is that you can do it in advance.

Raskolnikov
11-06-2006, 03:05 AM
We figured out the scoring system in this thread:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25225

Starting from post 25 or so...

My team has actually kind of sucked, but because I re-set my line-up every day and many others didn't, I'm still doing ok.

Mourning
11-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Crap! I draw my game and lose because I am not on home court! *********g Jameer Nelson! I was in the driversseat until he played my last game and had like 4 points, 5TO's and 3 PF's!!! :mad:

JayRedd
11-06-2006, 12:35 PM
644 to 644. Why do I lose? There's a "Tie" column right there in the standings.

Conspiracy.

Raskolnikov
11-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Crap! I draw my game and lose because I am not on home court! *********g Jameer Nelson! I was in the driversseat until he played my last game and had like 4 points, 5TO's and 3 PF's!!! :mad:

644 to 644. Why do I lose? There's a "Tie" column right there in the standings.

Conspiracy.
The Tie column doesn't make sense indeed if they're not using it anyway.

The strange thing is, you both had home court (dis)advantage (check out the schedule) and you both got the loss.

Slick Pinkham
11-07-2006, 10:27 AM
an early observation: besides preseason predictions to the contrary, Mike Dunleavy still sucks as a fantasy baketball player and isn't much better as a real player.

DisplacedKnick
11-07-2006, 11:10 AM
The Tie column doesn't make sense indeed if they're not using it anyway.

The strange thing is, you both had home court (dis)advantage (check out the schedule) and you both got the loss.

I dunno about the ABA but in the KL bench production is the tiebreaker.

JayRedd
11-07-2006, 10:22 PM
an early observation: besides preseason predictions to the contrary, Mike Dunleavy still sucks as a fantasy baketball player and isn't much better as a real player.

Shocking

bulldog
11-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I dunno about the ABA but in the KL bench production is the tiebreaker.

Well, I don't know about the KL, but in the ABA the bench determines everything. Since you end up playing every player almost every game, the best team is the one with the least crappy bench players.

Raskolnikov
11-09-2006, 04:27 AM

Am I glad Shade doesn't know about this either.

He easily could've been up 100 points. Now I'm only down by 38 and still in it.

It is a bit silly though. And looking at some other scores, he isn't the only one that doesn't know about the daily line-up change.

It has, however, been sufficiently mentioned I think.

Shade
11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Am I glad Shade doesn't know about this either.

He easily could've been up 100 points. Now I'm only down by 38 and still in it.

It is a bit silly though. And looking at some other scores, he isn't the only one that doesn't know about the daily line-up change.

It has, however, been sufficiently mentioned I think.

Not only that, but I just don't have the time to check in that frequently right now. Things should slow down for me starting at Thanksgiving Break. Until then, I'm overloaded with school/work.

And it doesn't help that DWade is not having a good early start to the season either.

Raskolnikov
11-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Not only that, but I just don't have the time to check in that frequently right now. Things should slow down for me starting at Thanksgiving Break. Until then, I'm overloaded with school/work.

And it doesn't help that DWade is not having a good early start to the season either.
Don't forget that you can set your daily line-ups any time in advance. So, on any given day, you can at least start the players who play a game that day. Shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to set it up for a week.

Raskolnikov
11-10-2006, 03:44 AM
For Frank Slade, who has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space:

Hey three-headed commish monster,

I'm having a small problem with setting my line-up, that is, I'm forced to have 5 bench players. My third forward position just says "empty".

Can you fix this somehow?

Thanks

Rasko
It's all good, guys. Apparently I just had to change a bench player into a forward to make the "empty" disappear.

Silly me...

Raskolnikov
11-10-2006, 04:14 AM
63.5 points! That's what I'm talking about, Baron!

Now try to be consistent...

Frank Slade
11-11-2006, 12:08 AM
You may want to Page JayRedd and I for the next week or so , should someone run into league related problems. I believe Hicks is going to be tied up for the upcoming week. I'll try to help when and where I can :cool:

MagicRat
11-11-2006, 09:12 AM
I believe Hicks is going to be tied up for the upcoming week.

Is he dating Kat again?.................:confused:

Shade
11-12-2006, 02:33 AM
How can I set my lineups a week in advance? I couldn't get to my comp this morning before I had to go to work to fix my lineups and it cost me the ****ing game.

Raskolnikov
11-12-2006, 02:48 AM
How can I set my lineups a week in advance? I couldn't get to my comp this morning before I had to go to work to fix my lineups and it cost me the ****ing game.
Go to 'My Team'. Right above your roster, you see a line of dates: Nov 12 | Nov 13 | Nov 14 and so on. You can click on any future day and then set your line-up for that day.

Beware though, cause as is being mentioned in the warning below your roster, any changes made to your lineup for any day of the season will override all changes made to future lineups.

Los Angeles
11-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Beware though, cause as is being mentioned in the warning below your roster, any changes made to your lineup for any day of the season will override all changes made to future lineups.

Meaning it has to be done chronologically. Set today's linup, then tomorrow's, then the next day, etc. etc. If you do all of that and then change today's you have to re-do the dates following the day you changed. You can set your line ups a month in advance, and you can do a whole month in no time flat.

MagicRat
11-12-2006, 08:46 AM
It doesn't over-ride all future changes, though. It seems a little quirky.

I had set my lineups well in advance, but made a change Friday because Felton wasn't going to play. I moved Felton to the bench, moved Josh Smith to G and moved Gerald Green to F.

Saturday's Lineup was originally:
G Tinsley
G Ridnour
G Sefolosha
F Marion
F J. Smith
F C. Smith
C Skinner
C Collison

How my lineup for Sat. ended up:
G Tinsley
G Ridnour
G Sefolosha
G J Smith
F Marion
F Green
F C. Smith
C Skinner
C Collison

It looks like instead of overriding my future lineup, it combined my Friday changes with the changes I had already made and left me with 4 guards active.

Anyone have any idea how that is going to affect my scoring?

Raskolnikov
11-13-2006, 03:33 AM
2-0!

Although I'm not very proud of my victory. Shade missed out on 258 points from his bench players...he definitely would've won if he'd re-set his line-up every day.

Burnzone and Terre Haute leading the league with 1603 and 1602.5 points.

Mourning, we face each other this week. [Trash Talk]My Armadillos will teach your Pigeons a thing or two. Like how to tear apart rotting wood to find food. Or how to dig a decent well.[/Trash Talk]

Seriously, with Kiri and Francis injured, my chances aren't very good.

Raskolnikov
11-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Cool...they send you an email when a proposed trade has been declined or accepted.

Looking forward to my next email, LA. :signit: (I love that smiley)

MagicRat
11-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Seriously, with Kiri and Francis injured, my chances aren't very good.

My 3 best players (Marion, Josh Smith and Luke Walton) only play twice this week, so I basically have no chance.

Mourning
11-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm down 0-2, Rasky, but I don't feel bad about it, here's why;).

I played both games against teams each 2-0 now and both decent to high scoring teams.

I drew my game against Holden Beach and lost only because his bench scored more then mine in the total score. I made it quite competitive in the last few days against Pan Galactic. IF I would have had other teams in these first two weeks I might have easily been up 2-0. Not, an excuse, simply fact. Time to have some goodluck at last ;):D:D.

So, again I am not feeling bad, really :). I am not as naive as to think I have a decent chance of winning the league with this team (not enough frontcourt starpower), but I am pretty sure I am not a walk-over either.

As for this weeks games. You will miss Kirilenko and Francis. On the other hand ... you had more games in total then me, so that nullifies it nicely :plot:.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Raskolnikov
11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Well yeah, Mourning, even though you're 0-2, you practically have as many points as I have. Although I'm hoping for a close game, you'll normally pick up your first W this week...

Burnzone's team looks very, very strong. Guys like Telfair, Wallace and Jefferson haven't even produced what they're expected to. And I must say I'm amazed that BC managed to get Nowitzki, Boozer AND Randolph.

Mourning
11-14-2006, 02:45 AM
And I must say I'm amazed that BC managed to get Nowitzki, Boozer AND Randolph.

Yeah, I noticed that aswell a few days ago.

Regards,

Raskolnikov
11-14-2006, 04:40 AM
Aha, Francis is back!

Kiri will definitely not play tonight though. I already regret that I chose Dorell Wright over Paul Millsap...

JayRedd
11-14-2006, 02:15 PM
How bout that White Division. We're awesome!!!

Mourning
11-14-2006, 04:19 PM
We only just started BABY, Yeeehaah!!! :whip:

Raskolnikov
11-15-2006, 04:55 AM
63.5 points! That's what I'm talking about, Baron!

Now try to be consistent...
So far, so good! :surprised

My team had a good night. Something I needed to make the game close by the end of the week.

Raskolnikov
11-19-2006, 03:17 AM
Congrats, Mourning! Unless Luol Deng scores 80 points tonight...:eyebrow:

Kind of thrilled to get the No.1 draft pick off waivers.

Mourning
11-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Congrats, Mourning! Unless Luol Deng scores 80 points tonight...:eyebrow:

Kind of thrilled to get the No.1 draft pick off waivers.

"It ain't over until the fat lady sings", but still it would take a more then phenomenal and monumental game from Deng for me to lose this game. You made it a lot closer then I wanted it to be though. I'm happy Kirilenko was out of action this week, but I'm sorry for you.

Happy to survive the Baron Davis monstergames ;) the main reason ours teams stayed so close so long. Only last night was I able to pull away.

Btw can anyone tell me WTF is wrong with Antonio McDyess lately? And ughh... Jarvis Hayes injury looked UGLY last night, hope he will be able to play soon again.

Regards,

Raskolnikov
11-25-2006, 04:19 PM
:peek: Still anybody out there?

People that I send trade offers, please respond when you receive an offer. Like "let me think about it for a while; I'll let you know within two days" or "Are you crazy? I'd never do that" or so...now I'm constantly wondering whether you actually received the offer or not, while I'm sure you did.

:whistle: Dancing in the moonlight, it's caught me in its spotlight :whistle:

Mourning
11-25-2006, 06:23 PM
:peek: Still anybody out there?

People that I send trade offers, please respond when you receive an offer. Like "let me think about it for a while; I'll let you know within two days" or "Are you crazy? I'd never do that" or so...now I'm constantly wondering whether you actually received the offer or not, while I'm sure you did.

:whistle: Dancing in the moonlight, it's caught me in its spotlight :whistle:

I didn't receive any offers :D

:-p

;)

Shade
11-25-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm gonna be pissed at myself all season for losing Game 2. Had I known what I was doing I would have won that game.

Mourning
11-26-2006, 06:27 AM
I'm gonna be pissed at myself all season for losing Game 2. Had I known what I was doing I would have won that game.

Hey, I have the same with Game 1 AND Game 2. I lost Game 1, which was a draw by some strange rule that says the player with the highest bench scores wins in the end, while it was among the higher scores of that week.

Game 2 I had in the back until Jameer Nelson decided to turn the ball over and foul everyone he could, while shooting a lot and hitting almost nothing, no dishing. I was practically there, he played my last match and screwed it up.

But, hey, that's part of the game :). We both seem to be recovering pretty well, lifting our division a little from the level of pityness in the first two weeks (every team 0-2, except Firestorm).

Regards,

Raskolnikov
11-26-2006, 09:35 AM
I didn't receive any offers :D

;)
So you didn't get my offer of Dahntay Jones for Andrei Kirilenko?

Too bad, because it's off the table now. There are all sorts of things on the table, like cereal or mushrooms, or mushroom cereal, but not the offer. Ha!

Seriously, I also send a PM every time I make an offer. And I've seen both my offer receivers online already, posting here. That makes it a bit frustrating...

Btw - apparently the site is down at the moment.

Los Angeles
11-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Brad miller played 15 minutes last night and gets several days rest.

My season looks to be coming back from the brink.

Oh - and I see Childress is out with no timetable to return. Should have taken the multi-player deal Rasky! :-p

Mourning
11-26-2006, 01:24 PM
So you didn't get my offer of Dahntay Jones for Andrei Kirilenko?

Too bad, because it's off the table now.

:lol:

You didn't seriously think you would get away with such a highway robbery, did you? :tsk:

:D:D:D

Raskolnikov
11-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Brad miller played 15 minutes last night and gets several days rest.

My season looks to be coming back from the brink.

Oh - and I see Childress is out with no timetable to return. Should have taken the multi-player deal Rasky! :-p
:grumble: Yeah, with Josh injured (he should finally be back next friday), both Payton and Watson struggling, and Miller back so early, I definitely regret not having done that trade. Still not convinced Brad will reach his stats from last season though.

On another note, I would like to thank MagicRat for releasing Andrea Bargnani. Right after I picked him up, he started producing. :D

Shade
11-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey, I have the same with Game 1 AND Game 2. I lost Game 1, which was a draw by some strange rule that says the player with the highest bench scores wins in the end, while it was among the higher scores of that week.

Game 2 I had in the back until Jameer Nelson decided to turn the ball over and foul everyone he could, while shooting a lot and hitting almost nothing, no dishing. I was practically there, he played my last match and screwed it up.

But, hey, that's part of the game :). We both seem to be recovering pretty well, lifting our division a little from the level of pityness in the first two weeks (every team 0-2, except Firestorm).

Regards,

Yeah, my team is starting to look pretty good right now. With Wade finally producing like a Top 5 pick, and David Lee slowly becoming an upper-tier fantasy player (great pick, Hicks), I may actually turn out to be more than first-round fodder this season.

Btw, I prefer this system to the old one of the past couple years.

MagicRat
11-26-2006, 06:09 PM
On another note, I would like to thank MagicRat for releasing Andrea Bargnani. Right after I picked him up, he started producing. :D

No problem....

Mourning
11-27-2006, 05:26 AM
The White division isn't the worst division anymore!!! :nod: :woohoo:

Raskolnikov
11-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Although I've had my fair share of injuries (Davis, Kirilenko, Childress, Francis), I've been very lucky with (the ignorance of :-p) my opponents. I actually should've been 1-3, but thanks to Shade and pizza guy (is he even playing?) not knowing about the daily line-up, I'm now 3-1. It looks like it's going to be tough to get into the play-offs in the blue division, so I'm pleased that, even with my team not doing very well, I still got off to a decent start.

I wonder who'll be the first to reach 1000 points in one game. BC was very close this week with 997 points...

Raskolnikov
11-27-2006, 07:44 AM
I already regret that I chose Dorell Wright over Paul Millsap...
I don't anymore. Without Dorell I would've lost this week. 46 rebounds in 4 games! My oh my...

Raskolnikov
11-30-2006, 02:36 AM
And there goes trade offer #3 off the table because of not getting any response...:sigh:

DrBadd01
12-01-2006, 01:01 PM
I am not sure about my season

Kenyon Martin- Out for season
Shaq- Out
Manu- Out
Marvin- Out until January

thats four of my top six picks who are either out for the season or Out for a little while. Perhaps when they're all healthy (with the exception of Kenyon) I can make a comeback but until then my season is over due to injury.

Mourning
12-09-2006, 08:19 AM
I wonder who'll be the first to reach 1000 points in one game. BC was very close this week with 997 points...

I think I have a shot at that this weekend. Almost 800 points now with practically my best 8, minus Okur, playing tonight. Then 1 player tomorrow. It's possible.

Regards,

Raskolnikov
12-09-2006, 12:06 PM
I think I have a shot at that this weekend. Almost 800 points now with practically my best 8, minus Okur, playing tonight. Then 1 player tomorrow. It's possible.

Regards,

Yup, I noticed. Your team is firing on all cilinders. All of them!

Btw, what do we say after last night?

"Thank you, Rasko, for drafting Ruben Patterson, and releasing Earl Watson so I could pick him up." :-p

Mourning
12-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Yup, I noticed. Your team is firing on all cilinders. All of them!

Btw, what do we say after last night?

"Thank you, Rasko, for drafting Ruben Patterson, and releasing Earl Watson so I could pick him up." :-p

Thank you, Rasko, for drafting Ruben Patterson, and releasing Earl Watson so I could pick him up :kiss:.

;)

I was REALLY happy to get Watson, yes, I was afraid he would have been taken by someone else higher on the waiver wire like when I tried to get Antonio Daniels and missed out on him.

Like I wrote before, I like my team. No injury problems so far, one game Mo Williams missed is ALL. Which is something I looked at specifically when preparing and doing the draft. I know there are some players who do run a risk like Jameer Nelson, Ethan Thomas and to a lesser extend Jason Kidd and Antonio McDyess, but no Kirilenko's on my team as far as I know (:-p). I think I have lowered my risks for injuries further by waiving Jarvis Hayes, who has a serious injury history, and bringing in (and deepening my guard slot) Earl Watson.

Then I also think I have a good mix of veterans (Kidd, Okur, McDyess), young and rising players (Mo Williams, Nelson, Butler), players with (much) more playing time this year compared to last year (Antonio McDyess, Mo Williams, Jameer Nelson soon) and NO rookies on my team, so no rookie wall "problems" that will creep into my teams results.

I think I have a good mix of rebounding, scoring and assists from the guards (my strongest position).

A decent center, who has had the bad luck of Boozer acting like he's the real Hulk, and two decent back up centers.

And at forward, with the exception of Butler, a mediocre, but quantitatively and qualitatively deep mix of players who DO contribute. Ideally I would want to add a rebounding F/CF, but I'm pretty happy about my team so far.

And, yes, I like the Patterson pick you made. I was also happy you were able to still get Evans and I am also lucky that Dahntay Jones is getting more playing time due to half the Grizzlies either beying sick or dying ;), so thanks for that pick too.

Regards,

Raskolnikov
12-10-2006, 02:41 AM
That's all very nice for you, Mourning. :grumble: :-p ;)

On the other hand, the Armadillos had an awful night (except for Baron Davis). Almost half of my players are injured now. Maybe I need to blow this team up...

The site is down again. How can you laugh, when you know it's down? Wahoo...

Mourning
12-10-2006, 06:54 AM
:woohoo: 1004.5 points! :dance:

Los Angeles
12-10-2006, 03:35 PM
:woohoo: 1004.5 points! :dance:

:-o Pretty cool.

Raskolnikov
12-10-2006, 04:41 PM
C'mon Baron, all I need is 39 points to beat Jose...

Btw congratulations, Mourning!

Mourning
12-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys ;).

indytoad
12-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Man, Iverson is killing me.

I didn't really like him before, and now he's messing up my fantasy team. That's the straw that broke the camel's back. A pox on ye, Allen Iverson!

IndyToad
Take your fur coat and leave

Jose Slaughter
12-11-2006, 01:46 AM
C'mon Baron, all I need is 39 points to beat Jose...

Btw congratulations, Mourning!

With thw scores we put up we should both get a L.

I think my guys will be healthy around the start of the playoffs, but I'll be so far out of the race that it won't help.

Raskolnikov
12-11-2006, 03:04 AM
With thw scores we put up we should both get a L.
True, but I'll take the win anyhow. :-p

Didn't think Matt Caroll would play. Fortunately Davis had a near triple-double again...

I think my guys will be healthy around the start of the playoffs, but I'll be so far out of the race that it won't help.
You're unlucky that every team in the blue division has gotten off to a good start. Makes it very hard to come back.

DisplacedKnick
12-11-2006, 08:49 AM
I've won my last 2 games with pretty mediocre scores. Why do I think that won't happen this week?

Then again, maybe AI will stay away and Webber can keep throwing up those 20-10-8 games.

Raskolnikov
12-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Playing Burnzone huh?

I'm facing BC, so I'll join you in the doesn't-stand-a-chance camp. Or is it a club? You choose.

IMO those two are the early favorites to win it all, with Mourning, MR and Shade as the early outsiders.

Mourning
12-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Injuries can wreck a season, I'm not even close to assuming I am a "top dog" or anything near it. Though taking injury history, and the sort of injuries, seriously into account before picking players the weirdest freak accidents can happen that lead to season ending injuries for players that have never had anything serious.

Events can take strange turns and have a serious impact on your season. I remember dropping, never used, Reggie Evans about 6 hours before the trade deadline closed ... consequently he was, offcourse :rolleyes:, traded from the Sonics to the Nuggets were he got good playing time. Offcourse, "my Reggie" (:D) was allready gone by that time. My biggest rookie mistake of last season. Still don't think I would have won the finals IF I hadn't made that "move", but still sucked :banghead:

;)

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
12-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Playing Burnzone huh?

I'm facing BC, so I'll join you in the doesn't-stand-a-chance camp. Or is it a club? You choose.

IMO those two are the early favorites to win it all, with Mourning, MR and Shade as the early outsiders.

Yeah - he's the one team in the league I'm 0-6 against according to the Breakdown - be foolish to think that will be anything but 0-7 next Monday.

Maybe I can make the playoffs and get to the 2nd rd - that would help boost season ticket sales for next year anyway.

Raskolnikov
12-13-2006, 02:40 PM
I hadn't noticed the standings breakdown before...nice!

Surprisingly enough, it appears that I'm 3-3 vs. Terre Haute. Maybe I do stand a chance after all...but in the end, I probably got too many injuries.

By the way, happy to pick up Diogu off waivers. Thanks LA! :-p;)

Los Angeles
12-14-2006, 02:22 AM
By the way, happy to pick up Diogu off waivers. Thanks LA! :-p;)

For the guy who was supposed to be out for one week and missed 6? for the guy who still isn't participating in full-contact drills? For the guy who has been permanently replaced in the rotation due to the surprising play of teammates who used to be behind him in the depth charts?

You're certainly welcome. :shrug:

Raskolnikov
12-14-2006, 12:55 PM
For the guy who was supposed to be out for one week and missed 6? for the guy who still isn't participating in full-contact drills? For the guy who has been permanently replaced in the rotation due to the surprising play of teammates who used to be behind him in the depth charts?

You're certainly welcome. :shrug:
Doesn't look good indeed. I read though that he's already accompanying the team on their current road trip, so he could be back next week or so. This week I'll lose anyhow, so he can take his time as far as I'm concerned.

We'll see how it pans out. I was just happy to get a center with that kind of potential off waivers. :shrug:

DisplacedKnick
12-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Managed to hang with Burnzone until last night when, except for Okafor, my team blew. Was about 2 days later than I expected anyway - and I don't have to worry about kicking myself if I lost by 25 points or less for not checking injury reports and starting Webber over Ross.

At least I don't have any Denver or NY players.

Mourning
12-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Managed to hang with Burnzone until last night when, except for Okafor, my team blew. Was about 2 days later than I expected anyway - and I don't have to worry about kicking myself if I lost by 25 points or less for not checking injury reports and starting Webber over Ross.

At least I don't have any Denver or NY players.

Yeah, I kepted an eye on you and Burnzone this week and it looked very close until I checked the scores this morning. You gave him a good fight.

Burnzone and BC seem to have the best teams, so no shame in losing to them and all hail to teams stealing a game from them this season ;).

Regards,

JayRedd
12-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Wow....Pierce is now out 2-3 weeks.

This season is just a complete disaster.

Josh Howard misses a bunch of time with an ankle sprain.

David West is having surgery.

Ben Wallace's hurts his pride and decides not to rebound for the next two weeks.

Damon Stoudamire is out half the time...though I expected that.

Calderon gets carried off on a stretcher.

Pryzbilla misses a couple weeks.

[spoiler alert]If Jay's ReddMen were Old Yeller, they would of been shot by now.[/spoiler alert]

Mourning
12-24-2006, 09:15 AM
With a little luck I might make my way into the top-3 of the power rankings this week. That would be pretty cool :).

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
12-24-2006, 10:09 AM
With a little luck I might make my way into the top-3 of the power rankings this week. That would be pretty cool :).

Regards,

You kicked the dog out of everyone this week - that's for sure.

Impressive.

Mourning
12-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks. Anyway, I didn't make it into the top-3, but I am tied in points with the number 3, MagicRat, rightnow, so I'm happy. It's not more then logical a team with an 8-0 record is placed higher then mine :).

Cool addition those Powerrankings :).

Regards,

Shade
12-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Dwayne Wade = :bowdown:

DisplacedKnick
12-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Dwayne Wade = :bowdown:

Yeah - didn't realize he was on your team while I was watching the game.

I should probably concede right now.

Mourning
12-27-2006, 03:59 PM
We have got some exciting matchups this week btw. Two 8-0 teams battling it out with each other and two other teams with very good records also on the block against each other :). Nice :plot:.

Also several other good matchups that are basically unpredictable.

Regards,

Shade
12-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Dwayne Wade = injured :suicide3:

Mourning
12-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Wow! That's tough luck, Shade!

From ":happydanc" to ":suicide2:" in a day ... :uhoh: :shudder:

;)

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
12-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Dwayne Wade = injured :suicide3:

Injured? He may play tonight.

And even if he doesn't, you're playing me and I'm having a hideous week - in both leagues.

Mourning
12-29-2006, 12:54 PM
you're playing me and I'm having a hideous week - in both leagues.

Not NEARLY hideously enough in the other league if you ask me ;).

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
12-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Not NEARLY hideously enough in the other league if you ask me ;).

Regards,

If there's ever a time to get me, now is it. Okur and Boozer both decided to have their worst scores of the season the same night, on top of carrying K-Mart all season Josh Smith is out a month and last time he missed a couple of games JJ's production went way down - which so far he's matching again.

No thousand-pt week this time - be lucky to crack 800.

Mourning
12-29-2006, 02:35 PM
If there's ever a time to get me, now is it. Okur and Boozer both decided to have their worst scores of the season the same night, on top of carrying K-Mart all season Josh Smith is out a month and last time he missed a couple of games JJ's production went way down - which so far he's matching again.

No thousand-pt week this time - be lucky to crack 800.

Yeah, I recognize that, but you did check out the team I inherited and which has injury issues aswell? ;)

My team is getting a little better because of the development of a few young players of mine, but I need a good pick in this years draft, so I am caught on two different thoughts here.

First, I really want to win as much as possible, I'm a competitive person in games and sports. I will never lose games on purpose forexample.

And secondly IF I want to win as much as possible in the future I REALLY need to suck this season, so I can get a good pick and succesfully continue my growth curve that is very slowly starting now not too mention improving my attractiveniss to do trade business with. It's crucial to my franchise's succes in the long term.

:dunno:

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
12-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I recognize that, but you did check out the team I inherited and which has injury issues aswell? ;)

IIRC, didn't you lobby for a suck team?

Nice score in the ABA again.

Mourning
12-31-2006, 11:16 AM
IIRC, didn't you lobby for a suck team?

Nice score in the ABA again.

Yeah, I did. It feels better to build something up from nothing. I was responding to your post that IF ever there was a time to beat your team it was now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , which is true, but not with the team I have now ;).

I think in the ABA League this is the third time I have broken 1000pts in four weeks.

Really strange things must happen for me not to move up into a more comfortable third place of the Power Rankings now with Magic Rat or BurnZone getting his first loss of the season, Holden Beach losing against Rasky and then there's you and Shade battling it out. Looks all positive for me this week as long as I just win my matchup which seems likely.

Btw ... we are up against each other this coming week! Revenge! :whip2:

;)

:cheers: and best wishes for 2007 everyone!

Hicks
12-31-2006, 03:35 PM
I can't seem to get onto the site right now.

Mourning
12-31-2006, 03:58 PM
I can't seem to get onto the site right now.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had the same problem this afternoon. I had to try four times before I got in, but I got in.

You know that saying "Patience is a virtue"? Goodluck ;)

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
01-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Btw ... we are up against each other this coming week! Revenge! :whip2:

;)

Congrats on the W - I didn't have much of a shot if my team was healthy but now that Kwame's out (and just when he was starting to put up #'s) and with Webber playing about once every 3 games, I think it's a foregone conclusion.

But I managed to steal one from Shade anyway.

Mourning
01-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Congrats on the W - I didn't have much of a shot if my team was healthy but now that Kwame's out (and just when he was starting to put up #'s) and with Webber playing about once every 3 games, I think it's a foregone conclusion.

But I managed to steal one from Shade anyway.

Thanks, you could be right, but I rather be a little carefull here. Proclaiming victory before the battle might be a little premature. I see your point though.

Yeah, sorry Shade, but I was actually sort of pulling for DK to win this game between the two of you. I like to have a little buffer with the team directly behind me in my division, so that if one or two of my more important players go down for limited time I can lose a game without immediately having to fight for position.

It would be even nicer if my team would just do what I want them to do them this week and deny a win to another team that is not that far behind ;).

The best thing, for me, is Rasky, going up against another top-tier team. Who ever wins ... it's good for me :D

Next to this weeks game next weeks game is going to be a very tough and interesting game.

Regards,

Raskolnikov
01-01-2007, 03:38 PM
The best thing, for me, is Rasky, going up against another top-tier team. Who ever wins ... it's good for me :D
Good for your team's power rankings, you mean? Who cares about those...:-p

(Other than being a very neat feature, they don't hold any real value, do they?)

About the playoffs, who plays who? And how are tied records decided?

Okay, indytoad, let the battle for 2nd place in the blue division begin! :boxer:

Mourning
01-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Well, I'm not entirely sure of the play-offs format, but normally it's like in the NBA. The teams that get in with the best records face those that get in with the worst records.

I don't know if it's split in two conferences and the best team of each conference will then meet each other in the finals or that it won't be split into two.

Powerrankings are not THAT important, but they are not totally unimportant either. They give you a reasonable indicator of where you stand with the record and particularly the breakdown. Points also show if you can expect to get up much or not depending on how much injury problems you have and how long those are projected to last. Anyway, I just like to look at it ;).

Regards,

Shade
01-01-2007, 10:38 PM
:grumble:

I so should not have lost that one. What a time for my best player to go down. :shrug:

Shade
01-02-2007, 12:36 PM
If you have been wondering why David Lee doesn't seem to get the playing time his play this year seems to have earned you can look to Isiah Thomas for your answers. Shockingly, Thomas considers Lee no more an offensive threat than Jared Jeffries. "I think they're both the same offensive threat, which is not much," Thomas said. This despite Jeffries admiting to feeling lost on offense and the stats confirming as much.

I hate Zeke. He's no longer anywhere near the Pacers and he's still managing to ruin another season for me. :mad:

DisplacedKnick
01-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I hate Zeke. He's no longer anywhere near the Pacers and he's still managing to ruin another season for me. :mad:

This is why I have no Knick players on either of my teams.

How can you predict total psychosis?

Mourning
01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Rasky, question...........

WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DID YOU DROP PEJA!?? :soapbox: I'm in the middle of negotiations so I couldn't pick him up!!! :mad:

Raskolnikov
01-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I thought I would have the patience to keep an injured Peja on my roster
for over two months...but as you can see, it only lasted a week.

I have my doubts about him actually coming back this season. And if he comes back, the Hornets won't be able to make the play-offs anymore anyhow. Then let Peja's back rest some more while developing some young guys, I would say.

In the end, with the 25 FPPG he's produced thus far and with all the uncertainty, it wasn't worth the wait. And since LaMarcus was available...I'm hoping he will get some PT by the end of the season, or maybe earlier (trade Magloire, Portland!).

But most importantly, it's so cool to have the top two of the 2006 draft on my team! :eyebrow: :woot:

Btw, there should be no complaining towards me from your side! It was me who composed the bad part of your magnificent squad, remember? :-p :D

Plus you already got Earl Watson coming from me. It was BC's turn with Peja...besides, as of late, he seems to need it more than you. ;)

Mourning
01-02-2007, 06:10 PM
But most importantly, it's so cool to have the top two of the 2006 draft on my team! :eyebrow: :woot:

It's so cool I finally get to say this .....

Rookies :rolleyes:

;)

Regards,

indytoad
01-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Good for your team's power rankings, you mean? Who cares about those...:-p

(Other than being a very neat feature, they don't hold any real value, do they?)

About the playoffs, who plays who? And how are tied records decided?

Okay, indytoad, let the battle for 2nd place in the blue division begin! :boxer:

Well, second place in Blue is like first place in any other division, right? Okay, maybe not...

As far as points go, you're the closest competiton I have...it could go either way. Got a little bit lucky already - I spaced out yesterday and forgot to set my lineups...good thing the only guy playing was active.

IndyToad
Don't worry, be happy

Mourning
01-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Just made a trade with the New Castle Trojans that helps him in the short term by filling some holes, while I took a gamble which has a decent chance of paying off for me in the long run, namely the play-offs.

I traded away Jameer Nelson and Dahntay Jones, both Guards, so he can reeinforce his Guard slot and can get back in the play-offs race, hopefully for him.

I received Rashard Lewis (Forward) and Kevin Ollie (Guard). Rashard is injured until the end of february/beginning of march. I hope to hang on until that time and maintain the second position in my division. I think my team is deep enough to keep a decent play-off position until Rashard becomes healthy and is cleared to play again. Offcourse, there is the risk of him aggravating his injury or having a setback during his recovery, but I don't think this is the sort of injury that brings as big a risk as for example back injuries.

Normally Lewis should be up and playing for several weeks before we kick off for the play-offs. I don't expect him to perform up to the level that he did so far this season, but I don't expect him to drop significantly either. Either way it is a gamble I felt I had to make.

Hope this counters Terre Haute free agent signing of Peja.

Regards,

Raskolnikov
01-05-2007, 03:54 AM
Well, second place in Blue is like first place in any other division, right? Okay, maybe not...

As far as points go, you're the closest competiton I have...it could go either way. Got a little bit lucky already - I spaced out yesterday and forgot to set my lineups...good thing the only guy playing was active.

IndyToad
Don't worry, be happy
And tied we are.....it 'll definitely be a very close one.

Mourning
01-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, close call there. My matchup with Denton is way too close for my liking aswell, especially as he's been missing two players. I should be further ahead. OTOH Kidd is going to play his first two games and both Okur and Butles have two games remaining aswell.

I should be able to pull away, but last time I counted on that (when I needed about 9 FP ... Nelson gave me a dud of epic proportions :dunno:

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
01-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, close call there. My matchup with Denton is way too close for my liking aswell, especially as he's been missing two players. I should be further ahead. OTOH Kidd is going to play his first two games and both Okur and Butles have two games remaining aswell.

I should be able to pull away, but last time I counted on that (when I needed about 9 FP ... Nelson gave me a dud of epic proportions :dunno:

Regards,

Yeah - what's up with that? You playing down to my level or what?

Of course in the other league so far (KOW) I'm having a dream week.

Mourning
01-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah - what's up with that? You playing down to my level or what?

Of course in the other league so far (KOW) I'm having a dream week.

I think my role and back up players playing a disproportionate amount of my games so far has played a role. Also I don't have that many games in total from my players this week. I'm gratefull both Webber and Kwame are out (thanks ;)) otherwise the disparity between the number of games would have been much bigger.

I think my team will probably pull away tonight though, except if most of them even won't make their averages. I have no reason to believe that though.

Regards,

Los Angeles
01-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm feeling the wrath of the BURN-HAMMER.

I just can't catch a break. Even on days when I have more players than Burnzone, half my guys are injured and the other half suck.

No Chauncey, No Brad Miller, No Fransisco Elson, No Toine, and I just picked up an injured Travis Outlaw (hope it's worth the trouble).

Shocker of the century: I picked up Quinton Ross (who?) on a hunch, and suddenly he's giving me 30 f-point games. He's just a flavor of the week, but hey, I like any flavor that comes off the wire in a league this deep and delivers that kind of action. Look out Quinton, now that your on my team, you're destined sprain your ankle in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

DisplacedKnick
01-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm feeling the wrath of the BURN-HAMMER.

I just can't catch a break. Even on days when I have more players than Burnzone, half my guys are injured and the other half suck.

No Chauncey, No Brad Miller, No Fransisco Elson, No Toine, and I just picked up an injured Travis Outlaw (hope it's worth the trouble).

Shocker of the century: I picked up Quinton Ross (who?) on a hunch, and suddenly he's giving me 30 f-point games. He's just a flavor of the week, but hey, I like any flavor that comes off the wire in a league this deep and delivers that kind of action. Look out Quinton, now that your on my team, you're destined sprain your ankle in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

I had him for most of the season - he was good for 20-25 per game until the Clips benched him. Then I got Matt Carroll - he's been averaging over 25 for me so I'm fine with that.

Los Angeles
01-06-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm fine taking your table scraps.

----

On another topic, I know for certain that I'm a one-and-done team if I make the playoffs. Of the Games I've won, 3 of my victories were against opponents who weren't rotating daily. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that every team I've faced that has a winning record has beaten me.

Not a good sign.

DisplacedKnick
01-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Congrats Mourning. My lowest scoring game of the season - not the direction I want to be going.

Mourning
01-07-2007, 07:29 PM
One of my lower scores too, but I will take the "W". I gave up Nelson for Rashard, so in the short term I already made peace with my mind for lower scoring expectations.

I hope Lewis returns end of february or the beginning of march at the latest. I hope to hit my peak near the play-offs, but injuries, new coaches and their ideas about who and how to play, non-form of players, everything can change.

Anyway, you played well with what you had, but had a lot of bad luck with Kwame and Webber. Interesting to see what will happen to Webber with regards the 76'-ers btw.

Regards,

Shade
01-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm toast this week if Wade doesn't come back and pick up where he left off.

indytoad
01-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Looks like my record is finally starting to fall in line about where it should be. I got lucky playing Shade and Mourning early in the season before either started to really come on. Lucky x 2, as of right now, there's only two winning teams left on my schedule. But I won't win anything in the playoffs unless I really shake things up.

IndyToad
One more time, for the ladies

Los Angeles
01-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Man, It's really hard to play against the Hoopstown Hustlers.

Half of those players are Pacers. I don't want them to score many points but if they don't that means the Pacers will probably lose.

:kickcan:

MagicRat
01-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Why, Tony? Why??????

Shade
01-10-2007, 11:41 PM
The sad thing is, you're still going to beat me because I'm still without Wade.

MagicRat
01-11-2007, 12:43 AM
The sad thing is, you're still going to beat me because I'm still without Wade.

Do you have another one besides Dwyane?

Shade
01-11-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't have anyone else out, but my players are having a pretty crappy week so far on top of everything else.

MagicRat
01-11-2007, 01:30 AM
I don't have anyone else out, but my players are having a pretty crappy week so far on top of everything else.

I asked if you had another Wade that was out because Dwyane has played their last two......

Raskolnikov
01-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Shade, wanna trade Wade now that he seems to be out for a long, long time? :eyebrow:

Shade
01-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Wade was still registering a 0 for me until last night, so if he came back in the prior game I didn't get any fantasy points for it. :shrug:

I still think I'm too far down to win this one, especially with Collison racking up points like he's Michael Jordan or something. :tongue: ;)

MagicRat
01-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Wade was still registering a 0 for me until last night, so if he came back in the prior game I didn't get any fantasy points for it.

His first game back was Sunday, which counted in the prior period.

What a shrewd draft choice that Nick Collison was........:)

Shade
01-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Ah, that explains why I missed it.

Mourning
01-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Ah, that explains why I missed it.

:slap:

Shade
01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Well, at least I was able to make it somewhat interesting. A few of my players played well under their averages this week, so that certainly didn't help. :shrug:

Mourning
01-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Ugh... Mo Williams is going to be out for sometime. I hope I can make the game tight the coming week, but it's going to be tough to accomplish that, that's for sure.

Raskolnikov
01-20-2007, 12:53 PM
How will the trade affect the fantasy value of the players involved? I for one am hoping for increased minutes for Ike...

In the mean time, it looks like BC is headed for his first loss of the season (nice work, Texans!), leaving Burnzone as the lone perfect record holder. Also keeping an eye on the matchup between Mourning and MR. Expecting a close finish there...

Also take a look at my 8 latest moves, illustrating my confusion sowing strategy:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="560"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#8ebae8"><td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">Kendrick Perkins (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kendrick_perkins/index.html)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Free Agents</td> <td class="instruction_left">Antananarivo Armadillos (http://ufc.nba.com/basketball/trans/set_lineup.asp?Team=53622)</td> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">1/19/2007 8:35 PM ET</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#8ebae8"> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">Hilton Armstrong (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/hilton_armstrong/index.html)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Antananarivo Armadillos (http://ufc.nba.com/basketball/trans/set_lineup.asp?Team=53622)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Waivers</td> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">1/19/2007 8:35 PM ET</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="560"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#8ebae8"><td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">Hilton Armstrong (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/hilton_armstrong/index.html)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Free Agents</td> <td class="instruction_left">Antananarivo Armadillos (http://ufc.nba.com/basketball/trans/set_lineup.asp?Team=53622)</td> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">1/17/2007 8:02 PM ET</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#8ebae8"> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">Kendrick Perkins (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kendrick_perkins/index.html)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Antananarivo Armadillos (http://ufc.nba.com/basketball/trans/set_lineup.asp?Team=53622)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Waivers</td> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">1/17/2007 8:02 PM ET</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="560"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#8ebae8"><td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">Dorell Wright (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dorell_wright/index.html)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Free Agents</td> <td class="instruction_left">Antananarivo Armadillos (http://ufc.nba.com/basketball/trans/set_lineup.asp?Team=53622)</td> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">1/15/2007 2:35 AM ET</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#8ebae8"> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">Derek Anderson (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/derek_anderson/index.html)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Antananarivo Armadillos (http://ufc.nba.com/basketball/trans/set_lineup.asp?Team=53622)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Waivers</td> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">1/15/2007 2:35 AM ET</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#8ebae8"> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">Derek Anderson (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/derek_anderson/index.html)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Free Agents</td> <td class="instruction_left">Antananarivo Armadillos (http://ufc.nba.com/basketball/trans/set_lineup.asp?Team=53622)</td> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">1/14/2007 1:19 AM ET</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#8ebae8"> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">Dorell Wright (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dorell_wright/index.html)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Antananarivo Armadillos (http://ufc.nba.com/basketball/trans/set_lineup.asp?Team=53622)</td> <td class="instruction_left">Waivers</td> <td class="instruction_left" nowrap="nowrap">1/14/2007 1:19 AM ET</td></tr></tbody></table>

:confused:

;)

Mourning
01-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Nah, this one I am going to lose. He has Marion amongst others that's going to play for him, while my best player is Ruben Patterson.

But, it's ok, because I calculated this as a "L" when I traded for an injured Lewis. I think I did pretty good considering "Mo" was also out :).

Anyway, congrats MR! :cheers:.

Regards,

Shade
01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow, I actually posted the most points last week. Wade went absolutely bonkers, and Steven Hunter really came through nicely as my 3rd center off of wavers. Another small move or two and I may actually be able to surprise some people come playoff time.

Los Angeles
01-24-2007, 02:42 PM
You know, I'm getting really annoyed at how many high scoring close games I lose.

My team is better than my record, but now I'm just hoping to make the playoffs.

Shade
01-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Grr...stay on the damn floor, Dwayne. :mad:

Mourning
01-29-2007, 01:15 PM
1) Can't believe I won this weeks game. I was trailing by quite some points on sunday evening and had 4 games my opponent 6 including Billups! So, I'm pretty exstatic about that

2) Mo Williams is BACK from injury!!! :woohoo:

3) Goodluck this week Shade ....... you are going to need it ;)

Regards,

Los Angeles
01-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for rubbing it in, you :censored:.

;)

Mourning
01-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for rubbing it in, you :censored:.

;)

Anytime :cloud9:

;)

Mourning
01-30-2007, 08:47 AM
3) Goodluck this week Shade ....... you are going to need it ;)

Oh man, you haven't gotten many lucky brakes have you? Did you check out Garnetts 44-point, 11 rebound game aswell as Gerald Wallace's game impact on Burnzones score? Daayummn!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Come on, Shade!!! :boxer:

;)

Regards,

Shade
02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Not to mention that I've been w/o internet access and unable to set my line-ups until now. :shrug:

Mourning
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Ah, yeah, that sucks, Shade :(.

Damn! Wished I had Rashard back by now I would have VERY GOOD use for him on my team about now. I'm still ahead of Burnzone with about an equal amount of games played, but dayumn he's got a LOT of games this week and is at 100% health.

Oh well, I knew what I was getting into when I traded for Lewis. I can't waite for him to take to the floor for me though! :boxer: :D:D:D

Regards,

Raskolnikov
02-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Very curious how this week's top game will end...is Burnzone's first loss coming up?

Btw Mourning, I think you made a very good deal with Lewis. It might very well be the deal that puts you over the top. Plus no need to fear the return of Peja anymore...

I'm still hoping for a few things to happen in order to become a contender: Kirilenko finding back his old form, Steve Francis getting 30+ minutes (prolly not with the Knicks), Andrew Bogut performing more consistently, my youngsters getting more playing time, ... . That's a few too many things I'm afraid.

Mourning
02-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Very curious how this week's top game will end...is Burnzone's first loss coming up?

Btw Mourning, I think you made a very good deal with Lewis. It might very well be the deal that puts you over the top. Plus no need to fear the return of Peja anymore...

I'm still hoping for a few things to happen in order to become a contender: Kirilenko finding back his old form, Steve Francis getting 30+ minutes (prolly not with the Knicks), Andrew Bogut performing more consistently, my youngsters getting more playing time, ... . That's a few too many things I'm afraid.

Well, I hope the Lewis-trade indeed puts me over the top. That was "the Championship" move that I originally started planning for, but when Peja was moved I had to do it to keep up more then anything else (it seemed).

I had already started looking for an injured starplayer on a team that was probably going to sink without a lesser, but adequate replacement to fill that players shoes. The Peja acquisition by one of the top teams was what accelerated my actions in this regard.

There are no quarantees though. Next week some of my top players could get injured and I might not even make it to the second round. Normally though Lewis should normally lift me up to a contender status which btw I consider you, Rasky, to be aswell, so don't play that traditionally Belgian "I am modest"-role with me, HA! :kicknuts:. I certainly am taking your team VERY seriously ;) and I think all others do aswell or otherwise ... they certainly should.

Regards,

Mourning
02-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Ok, game over for me this week. Garnett, Gerald Wallace and Kevin Martin all having monster games and Al Jefferson having a superb rebounding game is too for much for my squad to handle at this point.

Great display, BurnZone ;).

The good news... Rashard might return this weekend. The bad news ... his first direct opponent will be
(Mo)Ron! :uhoh: :shudder: :pray:

Regards,

Raskolnikov
02-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Baron to undergo knee surgery...crap.

Mourning
02-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm 100% healthy again!!! :woohoo: :cloud9:

Slick Pinkham
02-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Are some people not setting lineups in the ABA league? There are a few in the keeper league and it bugs the heck out of me. I see their record and their scoring average, then look at their players, and say

WHY ARE THEY SO BAD?

then I play them and some night 6 of their players are playing for real and only three of them count because the lineup wan't set! Tonight my opponent had 80+ points scored by his BENCH and 30 points by his starters!

From one point of view I get a walkover win, but it could be more fun if everybody TRIED. Granted this league is work, readjusting your lineup, but you can do it weeks in advance based upon who is playing and unless you do a transaction then you are fine.

I just don't get it.

:confused:

Raskolnikov
02-14-2007, 02:51 AM
I played at least 5 games against an opponent who did not set his line-ups...

The silly thing is, you only need 15 minutes to set your line-up for a whole month.

I also had 3 trade proposals unanswered.

It would indeed be more fun if everyone would play, but I guess there's not much you can do about that. :shrug:

Raskolnikov
02-14-2007, 02:51 AM
I'm 100% healthy again!!! :woohoo: :cloud9:
:kicknuts:

Mourning
02-14-2007, 03:40 AM
:kicknuts:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mourning
02-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Wow! Indytoad... you have been lucky beyond believe this season! I feel bad for Able :uhoh:

Oh... and Rasky Kidd is lightly injured currently ;) :D :D.

DisplacedKnick
02-16-2007, 07:21 AM
I won games in both leagues because my opponents didn't set their lineups.

I feel dirty ...

Shade
02-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Damn, some of my players are so inconsistent. Good thing for me Dwayne Wade went bonkers again last week, because with Noc injured and "Toronto" Jones riding the bench, I needed it.

Los Angeles
02-16-2007, 10:53 PM
I played at least 5 games against an opponent who did not set his line-ups...

The silly thing is, you only need 15 minutes to set your line-up for a whole month.

I also had 3 trade proposals unanswered.

It would indeed be more fun if everyone would play, but I guess there's not much you can do about that. :shrug:

I would say that 6 of my 8 wins are the result of playing people who leave hundreds of points on thier bench each week. If everybody were actually bothering to play the game, I would have the crappiest team in the league.

Last time I checked, I don't have a single top 50 player despite the fact that I had THREE top-50 picks (I traded to get #50). Not much hope for me come playoff time.

MagicRat
02-17-2007, 01:05 AM
It's a little disappointing to get a loss on such a short week. My guys played hard, though........

Shade
02-20-2007, 02:24 PM
What a time to deal with injuries to starters. I'm gonna get my *** handed to me this week.

Frank Slade
02-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Arghh.. sorry guys I have been a deadbeat manager for sometime ...
:brick: Too many committments and leagues.

Just so much going on and forget the set my lineups in time !

Well you'll be glad to know I just went through and set them through Apr 1.. :eyebrow:

Shade
02-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Well folks, if the injury to Wade is as bad as it sounds, my season is over. :(

Mourning
02-22-2007, 02:51 AM
I certainly hope it's something minor, Shade. Tough week for you with Lee not playing last night, joining three other injured players on your team. Here's to hoping they will all get better and play this week! :cheers:

indytoad
02-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Heh, I guess I kinda forgot about the League for a while... Sorry. It probably wasn't responsible of me to sign up, with full knowledge that I'm a total douchebag.

I was playing with a bunch of guys I didn't even draft, anyway. Felt false. Seems like whoever's the best at the beginning of the season is the best at the end. Doesn't look to be any way to move up in the standings other than taking a giganic risk, so it's not like my team was going anywhere. Or am I missing something?

I'll start playing again, though, through to the end of this season.

IndyToad
Not a consumable beverage

Raskolnikov
02-27-2007, 03:33 AM
So I finally gave up on Ike and Steve...

Hope I can make things interesting this week, DK. I'm without Baron for another 2 weeks, but if you're without Emeka this week, I might have a chance...

Frank Slade
02-27-2007, 07:11 PM
My Teams

Team Name League Name
Frank's Ball Busters American Basketball Association
Create or join a new league NOW!

Is anyone else having some odd problems with the site ?
Since yesterday whenever I try to add a player or adjust my lineup for different days, live scoring, basically anything it takes me back to the main log in page like above...

DisplacedKnick
02-28-2007, 07:45 AM

Hope I can make things interesting this week, DK. I'm without Baron for another 2 weeks, but if you're without Emeka this week, I might have a chance...

I haven't had a chance to even look at my lineup since Sunday - hopefully I will tonight since it's a full slate. I knew Okafor got hurt over the weekend but haven't checked injury reports or anything.

DisplacedKnick
02-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Is anyone else having some odd problems with the site ?
Since yesterday whenever I try to add a player or adjust my lineup for different days, live scoring, basically anything it takes me back to the main log in page like above...

I didn't have that problem but I don't think it updated scores last night - at least it looks awful similar to yesterday and in the KL when I check yesterday's scores it comes up 0.

Mourning
02-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Happen to know something about the play-off format we'll be using, DK?

Rasky and I couldn't find anything on the league's page itself, but maybe we overlooked something :dunno:.

Regards,

Frank Slade
02-28-2007, 09:26 AM
I didn't have that problem but I don't think it updated scores last night - at least it looks awful similar to yesterday and in the KL when I check yesterday's scores it comes up 0.

Hmm me thinks there was a glitch in the NBA.com sites perhaps ?
I'm not having the problems now though.

DisplacedKnick
02-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Happen to know something about the play-off format we'll be using, DK?

Not a thing - when I went into the setup page in the KL the only playoff option I could select is number of teams.

I assume the teams with the best records will get in but beyond that, I got nothin'.

Mourning
02-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Not a thing - when I went into the setup page in the KL the only playoff option I could select is number of teams.

I assume the teams with the best records will get in but beyond that, I got nothin'.

Ok, well we'll just have to waite and see then... there goes a little bit off my "planning" to more or less "pick" an opponent ;).

Bit odd though that they have been so vague about the play-offs, don't you think? Weird.

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
03-01-2007, 08:08 AM

At least at this point I'd call this game competitive. :)

Shade
03-01-2007, 01:18 PM
This is a 20-game regular season, right?

If so, I'm probably going to end up at .500. :unimpress

Raskolnikov
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
At least at this point I'd call this game competitive. :)
Yeah, always funny when two teams are exactly tied.

Hoping to stay within 50 tonight, and make a comeback in the weekend. :eyebrow:

Anthony Parker's ankle injury is not making it any easier though...I'm getting too many injuries. But if that's what it takes to have a healthy team come playoff time, so be it. :cool:

Mourning
03-02-2007, 04:23 AM
I feel you Rasky. Having sort of the same problem... been missing two or more games the last few weeks from several of my top-players (Okur, Kidd, Butler, Mo Williams and Lewis). IF I can finally get everyone 100% healthy again I would be pretty happy :).

Can't complain too much though ;).

Edit: wow! You guys ARE going head-to-head here with 323.5 each!

Regards,

Shade
03-02-2007, 12:46 PM
David Lee is missing a ton of games due to a freaking sprained ankle. Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

Raskolnikov
03-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Damn you, Steve Francis! I thought you were done for the season?

:growl:

DisplacedKnick
03-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah, always funny when two teams are exactly tied.

Hoping to stay within 50 tonight, and make a comeback in the weekend. :eyebrow:

Glad to see we've opened this game up a little. :cool:

I have pretty much no shot with Okafor out - none of my players is worth much more than 20 points. I'll be lucky to get 80 today.

Raskolnikov
03-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Have to get this off my chest...

I hold on to Steve Francis for practically the whole season, put up with all his non-performances, do all the hard work but get nothing in return...and finally, after months of patience, give up on him. Of course that sleezy BC picks him up and right away enjoys the results (among which the kissing of a grandmother) of all my work ethics...it isn't fair!

Mourning
03-11-2007, 05:13 AM

I hold on to Steve Francis for practically the whole season, put up with all his non-performances, do all the hard work but get nothing in return...and finally, after months of patience, give up on him. Of course that sleezy BC picks him up and right away enjoys the results (among which the kissing of a grandmother) of all my work ethics...it isn't fair!

Hey, I feel your pain! I had something compareable last year with Reggie Evans who started out very well and then all of a sudden would get like 5 minutes a game for months. Then about a half day before the trading deadline I dropped him (didn't think he would be moving to another team in the Real-NBA, there weren't ANY serious rumours anymore either), and three hours later I get "Breaking News" that Evans got traded to Denver!

I was pretty pissed at the time I can tell you, especially in the play-offs when I had to play the team that had picked him up (beat them though, so that made it just a little better) and I saw him score really good numbers ... numbers which I could have used very well in the finals against Pacertom.

Realistically though having Evans on my team then still wouldn't have made the difference. His team was really THAT strong.

Anyway Rasky, your team is DEFINITELY a contender even though you like to discount it and go a little more under the radar ;).

Also, Rasky, thank you VERY MUCH (again!!! I can't state this often enough!!!) for dropping Earl Watson
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. Damn, that was a nice pickup this year :woohoo:.

;)

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
03-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Yippee! :dance: :applaud: :pepper: :jump:

I finally scored higher than burnzone!!!

Of course I had to invite him to the Keeper League and give him a crap team - and he only had that crap team for one day last week but you gotta take what you can get. :D

Shade
03-12-2007, 11:26 AM

I had a similar situation with Andray Blatche. ****ing Jordan, refusing to play him until I finally gave up and dropped him. :pissed:

Btw, I had a relatively easy schedule for the final three games, but I'm hurting so badly right now w/o Wade, Lee, and Noc that I'm going to lose them all. And that was with Brian Cook having an amazing week for me. :shrug:

Talk about backing into the playoffs. :disappoin

Mourning
03-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Yippee! :dance: :applaud: :pepper: :jump:

I finally scored higher than burnzone!!!

Of course I had to invite him to the Keeper League and give him a crap team - and he only had that crap team for one day last week but you gotta take what you can get. :D

:lol:

Mourning
03-12-2007, 02:44 PM
I had a similar situation with Andray Blatche. ****ing Jordan, refusing to play him until I finally gave up and dropped him. :pissed:

Btw, I had a relatively easy schedule for the final three games, but I'm hurting so badly right now w/o Wade, Lee, and Noc that I'm going to lose them all. And that was with Brian Cook having an amazing week for me. :shrug:

Talk about backing into the playoffs. :disappoin

I had a pretty tough early season schedule aswell as a januari/februari that had some serious opposition as a consequence my last 3-4 games were not too difficult, while I knew some of my main competitors still had some strong opposition in their stretch towards the play-offs.

Regards,

kerosene
03-14-2007, 09:51 PM

I kinda felt that way about Tony Allen but then he went an' injured himself so I didn't feel too bad then. heh heh heh. BC's been good with the wire this year. I held on to Allen so long because I kept thinking the Celts would put him in the rotation. Unfortunately, when Allen was hot and getting minutes, I'd dropped him and really needed another guard. So it goes...

Mourning
03-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Caron Butler out for 7-10 days now... :uhoh: :shudder:.

Damn!!! :soapbox:

DisplacedKnick
03-17-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm just hoping Okafor plays next week. I THINK if my entire team was ever healthy I might be dangerous - but that happy circumstance hasn't taken place since December.

Shade
03-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm just hoping Okafor plays next week. I THINK if my entire team was ever healthy I might be dangerous - but that happy circumstance hasn't taken place since December.

Relax, you basically have a bye next week. :kickcan: