PDA

View Full Version : It feels like...

Shade
04-30-2004, 12:14 AM
It's been YEARS since we last played a game. It almost feels like we're not even in the playoffs anymore. :sleep:

Hicks
04-30-2004, 12:16 AM
It's been YEARS since we last played a game. It almost feels like we're not even in the playoffs anymore. :sleep:

I know, it feels like the past few years: The semis are getting close, and we aren't playing.

TheSauceMaster
04-30-2004, 12:19 AM
I guess we will have to watch the lakers vs spurs Sunday and NJ vs Detriot on Monday and Twiddle our thumbs for the Pacers to play :(

cramerica
04-30-2004, 12:38 AM
I hate it.

Suaveness
04-30-2004, 12:54 AM
bah

TheSauceMaster
04-30-2004, 12:59 AM
I dunno if I can wait another week if the NO / Heat series goes 7 :notlistening:

TheSauceMaster
04-30-2004, 01:17 AM
Hmm looks like almost everyone will be playing 2nd round games before we start :cry:

Aw Heck
04-30-2004, 01:18 AM
What really sucks though is that I had hoped that the Pacers could catch a bit of rest before meeting a fatigued winner of the Nets/Pistons series. With their series starting on Monday and ours not until later next week, it seems like their series could end before or at the same time as the Pacers'. So the Pacers won't be too well rested before having to play Nets/Pistons.

But who knows, maybe the Pacers will be OK.

naptownmenace
04-30-2004, 09:12 AM
What really sucks though is that I had hoped that the Pacers could catch a bit of rest before meeting a fatigued winner of the Nets/Pistons series. With their series starting on Monday and ours not until later next week, it seems like their series could end before or at the same time as the Pacers'. So the Pacers won't be too well rested before having to play Nets/Pistons.

Well, the Pacers are getting tons of rest right now. :cool2:

Harddrive7
04-30-2004, 09:17 AM

Well, the Pacers are getting tons of rest right now. :cool2:

I kind of wouldn't mind having momentum going into the ECF, that's of course if we get past this round. ;)

Ragnar
04-30-2004, 09:33 AM

We will sweep or come close to a sweep in the series against the Heat or Hornets. Nets/Pistons will probably go 7 games. So we will still be waiting for that series to end even though we got into ours latter.

Unclebuck
04-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Game 2 in the Pistons v Nets series is Friday, so that essentially evens up the two eatsern conference series. As Pacers will at the latest play game 1 on Thursday.

BillS
04-30-2004, 10:03 AM
We will sweep or come close to a sweep in the series against the Heat or Hornets. Nets/Pistons will probably go 7 games. So we will still be waiting for that series to end even though we got into ours latter.

OK, I think that's just a little too optimistic. Maybe we can win in 5 against the Heat, but I expect the Hornets to put a good solid scare into us for at least 2 wins. Even without Mash the matchups are just not trivial.

TheSauceMaster
04-30-2004, 10:23 AM
Game 2 in the Pistons v Nets series is Friday, so that essentially evens up the two eatsern conference series. As Pacers will at the latest play game 1 on Thursday.

That kinda doesn't make sense since Game 1 is Monday ..I dont think they will wait til Friday to play Game 2 of that series :whoknows:

Shade
04-30-2004, 10:26 AM

That kinda doesn't make sense since Game 1 is Monday ..I dont think they will wait til Friday to play Game 2 of that series :whoknows:

If the Pacers hadn't taken care of Boston, Game 5 would have been 3 or 4 days after Game 4, so it's very believable.

BillS
04-30-2004, 10:27 AM

Click here for the nba.com Playoff schedule (http://www.nba.com/playoffs2004/ataglance.html)

Hicks
04-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah, believability is irrelevant in this case; it's been declared Monday and Friday. It is wierd.

TheSauceMaster
04-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Wow Detriot Get's Lucky then , they will get a decent amount of rest ...I was hoping they would play game 1 monday and game 2 wednesday :laugh: :laugh:

ChicagoJ
04-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Keep in mind that The Finals schedule was set a long time ago. If all eight first round series were sweeps, the league would be sitting silent for a week and a half.

TheSauceMaster
04-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Personally I wish they would go back to the first round being best of 5 :therock:

Shade
04-30-2004, 12:34 PM
Personally I wish they would go back to the first round being best of 5 :therock:

Ditto. I was a fan of the change at first, but it's obvious that the first rounds are generally so lopsided that it becomes meaningless.

I'll go on record and say that whoever wins today's Miami/Nawlins game will win the series, rendering the 7-game setup a failure for the second straight season.

Suaveness
04-30-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm going to go nuts.

Unclebuck
04-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Another reason why the playoff schedule is so wierd is because ESPN has to have a certain number of games as does TNT, and yet ESPN has other commitments during the week, with Baseball and hockey, so all this makes the schedule a little wierd.

Suaveness
04-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Someone shoot me now.

MagicRat
04-30-2004, 03:26 PM
It feels like.....stink.......