PDA

View Full Version : ABA - When a position change is allowed

Raskolnikov
10-30-2006, 07:13 PM
We still have to decide on this. There have been several suggestions. (Please correct me if I missed one)

M0 at least 50% of the teams should vote to make any vote carry and you would need at minimum a 2 vote favorable difference I would suggest.

But hat is all it is, suggestion

I'm of the opinion that 7 isn't enough. That's less than 1/3 of the league.

But given what DK said earlier about people not being as responsive to position change votes as other league business and the fact that position changes need to be dealt with in a timely matter on occassion (injuries, trades, etc.), I agree that getting a full majority (13 votes) may be overkill.

So, 10 seems like a good round number to set it at for me. Unless of course the vote turns out to be 10-14 or even 10-10. I'm fine with making the policy "You need 10 'Yes' votes and a majority" to change a player's position eligibility.

I think ANY majority should be enough to legally fascilitate a change. I DO aggree that atleast 50% of the teams should vote to make the outcome binding.

Same here with regards to it just beying a suggestio

10 seems a bit too much to me. Only 11 people have voted on this and other polls after more than 24 hours.

How about this:

1. The number of YES votes should at least be twice the number of NO's.

2. 8 YES votes are enough.

For example, 8-4 would be ok, 9-5 not.

That way there has to be a pretty good consensus on the position change, even if only half or less than half of the team owners cast their votes.

So it will be tough to reach a consensus. Thoughts, ideas? Should I make a poll? If so, when will that poll's results become valid? We would have to hold another poll for that. And further on and on...it seems like we're stuck with an infinite amount of polls.....:eyebrow:

If we can't reach a consensus, I'd just let our head commish decide.

Raskolnikov
10-31-2006, 04:35 AM
:bump:

I added a poll. Please vote. The poll will close in two days.

My suggestion is that for this poll, a simple majority suffices.

It doesn't matter all that much to me. Generally, if you have a strong case, any of the four options will do.

Just trying to get this over with.

Los Angeles
10-31-2006, 06:46 PM
I appreciate that many of our opinions and suggestions are heard.

I also appreciate that the commissioners allow for dissenting opinion.

In this matter, and almost all league rules, I trust the commishioners to be more like judges: listen to the arguments and suggestions, then consider options amongst themselves and make a decision. That decision should be final unless a strong case can be made.

Let's just have Hicks et al pick the method they feel is best.

Raskolnikov
11-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Well, only 8 people voted, but I guess the result is 8 votes and a 2-1 ratio.

It's been so quiet here lately.

Raskolnikov
11-03-2006, 03:16 AM
Have thus far received enough votes to change position:

Player (New Position) - Team (Owner)

Troy Murphy (FC) - New Castle (Hicks)
Grant Hill (GF) - Belfast (Jose)
Anthony Parker (GF) - Antananarivo (Rasko)

Frank and DD, you'll be fine too with James and Artest, you just need to get more people to vote so you have 8 YES votes.

Can one of the commishes make the changes?

Hicks
11-03-2006, 08:08 AM
We're going with the 8 votes, 2 to 1 system.

I'm out of touch because of my real-world responsibilities right now, so if anyone waiting on a position change that's been voted "Yes" would please post here to direct me to it, I'll promptly address it in the league site. Thanks.

Raskolnikov
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I added teams and owners in my above post.

Hicks
11-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Murphy, Hill, and Parker are all up to date. :)