PDA

View Full Version : New site design, new features

rabid
04-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Hey folks...

Yet another site redesign is on the way (for the homepage); this time the color scheme will be based on the colors here in the forum, and the logo will be a very slight variation of Zesty's forum logo. So be on the lookout for that...

...in related news, I know a lot of you guys just skip the main page entirely end exclusively use the forum. That's understandable since the main page really isn't updated very often.

Well, we're looking to change that. Hicks and I have been discussing some possible new features to the main page, among them a spoof article subsection of the site along the lines of www.theonion.com or rickbrunson.com .

Here's some old Pacers.com spoof articles I've done to give you an idea of what we've got in mind (though the new section won't masquerade as an actual Pacers site):

Old Brad Miller article from last summer (http://mypage.iu.edu/~gweldon/pacers/brad.html)

Newer Ronnie article (http://mypage.iu.edu/~gweldon/pacers/spoof1.html)

The problem right now is that we don't have a NAME for this new section of the site. We're thinking something that conveys "Insider Information" of some sort, but with an original name that isn't ripping off "ESPN Insider" or "Pacers Insider" etc.

And, of course, we'll need help with the articles and Photoshop stuff.

All ideas are welcome, including new site feature suggestions...

BillS
04-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Pacers Digest Digest?

PD World News?

Outside the Inside from Outside?

p4c3r \/\/0r1d?

PD Report?

News from the Dancing Bananas?

Suaveness
04-29-2004, 06:19 PM
I LOVE THE ONION!!!!!!!!!

We get that in Chicago, it is HILARIOUS!

rabid
04-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Outside the Inside from Outside?

:laugh:

That's good.

others:

Airballs

Pacers Digestions

Shade
04-29-2004, 06:24 PM
The Dancing Banana :dance: :rotflmao:

MSA2CF
04-29-2004, 07:53 PM
In with the P-Crowd
Pacers Digest Daily or Pacers Daily Digest or Pacers Digest Dish or Pacers Daily Dish, etc.
The Retribution Report
The P Files
Pacers Digest Peek
The PD Scoop
Los Pacers Digiera las Noticias

ROCislandWarrior
04-29-2004, 07:56 PM
In with the P-Crowd
Pacers Digest Daily or Pacers Daily Digest or Pacers Digest Dish or Pacers Daily Dish, etc.
The Retribution Report
The P Files
Pacers Digest Peek
The PD Scoop

Sorry I don't speak espanol.

what about "Pacer Puns" or "The Pacer Puns" ?

MSA2CF
04-29-2004, 07:58 PM

Sorry I don't speak espanol.

what about "Pacer Puns" or "The Pacer Puns" ?

It means,"The Pacers Digest News," although the las on noticias doesn't really need to be there.

TheSauceMaster
04-29-2004, 07:58 PM
The Pacer Zone

Kinda like the twilight zone :laugh:

MSA2CF
05-01-2004, 03:18 PM
The Friendly Fielhouse Field Reports

Doug
05-01-2004, 04:25 PM
The Dancing Banana :dance: :rotflmao:Seconded.

Natston
05-01-2004, 04:26 PM
The Dancing Banana :dance: :rotflmao:Seconded.

Thirded... :devil:

Anthem
05-01-2004, 11:58 PM
I've never really understood why the main page was updated so slowly. The Indystar supports RSS, right?

able
05-02-2004, 07:43 AM
as for possible name: digest digestives,

as for rss feed, not sure thi phpbb supports it, i know i have a tiki/wiki running that does, if this forum does not then perhaps i should see if i can find software that does?

ask and though shallst receive, but i am not going on a wild goose chase for the heck of it, so ask:)

if you need help, let me know

Hicks
05-02-2004, 11:00 AM
as for possible name: digest digestives,

as for rss feed, not sure thi phpbb supports it, i know i have a tiki/wiki running that does, if this forum does not then perhaps i should see if i can find software that does?

ask and though shallst receive, but i am not going on a wild goose chase for the heck of it, so ask:)

if you need help, let me know

Nah; it's not a big deal.

MSA2CF
05-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey folks...

When will you guys be beginning this? I'm very eager to read & be wowed.

Will Galen
05-02-2004, 03:19 PM
The problem right now is that we don't have a NAME for this new section of the site. We're thinking something that conveys "Insider Information" of some sort, but with an original name that isn't ripping off "ESPN Insider" or "Pacers Insider" etc.

Well it won't really be a Pacer insider, it will be a pacer fan insider, so it should say something to that effect. Here's some ideas that could stand alone or be combined with other ideas.

PacersFan/s

Pacer's Confidential

Pacer's Fan Confidential

PD FanZine

PD Informant

PD Informer

Fan Informer

PD INformer

PD News

Pacers Digest Confidential

PD Confidential

PD Cognoscente

Pacers Wise

PacersFanWise

PD Wise

Pacers Bulletin

Pacers Herald

PacersNews

rabid
05-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey folks...

When will you guys be beginning this? I'm very eager to read & be wowed.

As soon as the site re-design is done. Things are going slowly this week since I have finals (I think Hicks does too). But I'd say sometime next week everything should be up and running...

Hicks
05-17-2004, 10:25 PM
BUMP

rabid, if you have anything else to request, ask, or say, just bump this thread; I'm just gonna de-sticky it since it's not really getting attention right now and I'm trying to de-clutter. :cool: